What Have You Experienced, Personally?

Personal experience, squatch-related, multiple choice  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am still intrigued by the mystery, too, imonacan. Part of me is scared and part is burning with curiousity. As soon as I'm going out again, I'll let you all know. I'm hoping for more action before I might have to have foot surgery.

My salt lick, honey, chewing tobacco and sweet potatoes are ready to go :)

I can't believe I forgot prints. Maybe a new poll.....but someone else do that sometime because I don't know enough to ask the right questions about footprints.

I've had a knock at 30 yards, numerous recorded knocks at 100 yards or more, foot steps at 10 yards, some associated with knocks, vocalizations at 100 yards and further, heard a few whistles associated with close movement sounds. found tree twists and obvious physical manipulations of sapling cedars, one of which produced a large collection of hairs now being studied.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal experiences I believe are BF or BF related:

Day sighting

3 Night sightings

Rock Knocks

Wood Knocks

Metal Knock

Tree Shake

Log Thrown

Rocks Thrown

Track Finds in snow, mud, dust, sand

Heard Triple Moans, howls, yells, screams, talking, whistles, grunt, big kahuna call

Smell

Bed

Broken & Twisted Trees

Upside down tree

X Formations

Freight train

Shook camper

Shook vehicle

Banged on door

Rattled camper door

Heavy Footfalls

Bone Piles

Droppings

Possible call, NJ

Trees jammed, roots up, into edge of creek bed, no evidence visible of human activity, trees perpendicular to ground, MD

Possible tracks, CA

My home backs to a densely forested mountain in Summit County Colorado.

Some years ago we would hear regular woodknocks in the summer at dusk.

I say at a distance of 300 yards I saw a tall skinny all brown "dude" standing on a bike path staring at me while walking my dog.I turned to see it, but could not discern whether it was a hunter (it was September) or a lanky squatch. We stared at

each other for about 5 seconds then it turned and made smooth quick hast back into the treeline. It was dark CarHart

brown from head to toe. A hunter should have had camouflage and or orange on.

I heard a scream coming out of the forest like a woman being murdered at 3:30 in the afternoon in the summer while again walking my dog and approaching this forest. We were going the other way so yeah....

I found one good track one Saturday morning while, you guessed it, out walking my pooch.

And in the same area, on another Saturday I heard what can only be describe as a fire truck siren go from low to high then back again in the morning. It sounded kind of mechanical but the mountain it came from that was right in front of me has no roads of any kind. Kinda weird anyway.

We have suffered pine beetle kill of late and the forest has be thinned out quite a bit as well as drought conditions the last couple years so the apparent squatch activity has stopped for now. There are still plenty of elk, deer and coyotes around though.

As an addendum: Last week on Finding Bigfoot they had a mechanical siren out in the woods to ilicit BF responses.

When I saw that I immediately though of the "siren" sound I heard on the mountain. That was 4 years ago that I heard it.

Close proximity, nighttime sighting with a very powerful flashlight/headlamp. Unpleasant odor. Instant, debilitating fear and disorientation. Multiple, skeptically-minded witnesses and a slightly less scrupulous blue tick. Subsequent track-find/casting by my friend.

Before my sighting, I'd have bet my left *** that sasquatch didn't exist. After it, I'd bet my sanity they do.

Edited by hunt

You know, I have been coming here, reading reports from people for a LONG time. This poll has shaken loose a memory...I may have to open a thread, although, even NOW, I am not sure it is sasquatch related:

Abject fear: Short version...In high school, after a Friday night game, sitting in my pickup truck in farm country with two other HS band members. We were laughing, giggling, and so forth, and I suddenly had a VERY bad feeling, and an image flashed through my head of a huge tree trunk ramming through the side window and killing or hurting me. About the time I stopped laughing, and began to get scared, the other male occupant of the truck said, very quietly, "Let's get the HELL out of here!" I started the truck, let out the clutch, and began rolling forward. In Florida, on a moonlit night, you can see white sand trails with no lights. I was actually AFRAID to hit the lights, I did not want to see what was out there.

We left the area at a high rate of speed. Sitting at a store talking about it, we ALL had an 'impending doom' feeling, and an overwhelming desire to be elsewhere, immediately.

I would describe the area as mixed residential and farm, dirt roads, remnants of peach orchards from the early twentieth century. To pinpoint the area, WEST Pasco County, Florida, near Hudson.

Edited by Smitty in Florida

Hunt, with your close proximity sighting, can you give us a description of what you saw? And tell us more if you are so inclined, because we live for bf stories. Thanks!