What Have You Experienced, Personally?

Personal experience, squatch-related, multiple choice  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Three different incidents. None of them conclusive.

First. Age 12. 1981 - Stewart Lake, Alaska.

Sighting, view obscured, not clear, blurry, peripheral vision, low light, too quick

While on vacation in Alaska, we were visiting some friends of my parent’s at their cabin on Stewart Lake. My 10-year-old brother and I were pretty bored sitting around while my parents talked with their friends, so we decided to try some ice fishing on the frozen lake. We were maybe 25 feet out onto the frozen lake. While fishing, I kept feeling as if I was being watched. My brother finally got cold and went back inside, but I stayed for a little while longer.

As I was fishing, I thought I caught the glimpse of movement across a portion of the lake. I don’t know exactly how far away it was, but if I were to guess, I’d say maybe 100 yards give or take. As I peered into the foliage, I thought I could make out a face looking back at me. At the time, my initial reaction was it was an old hairy Alaskan prospector was looking at me, but then I realized the hair and face was dark black, and the face was much too hairy to be a prospector. I recall getting very scared so I immediately left the lake, and went back into the cabin where I told my brother I saw bigfoot. I didn't dare tell my parents.

Over the years, I’ve wondered if it wasn’t just the overactive imagination of a 12-year-old, and admittedly, I did have quite the imagination, however I still recall the event with some clarity, while my memory of the rest of the trip is much less clear.

Second: 1996 Oregon City, OR

Your home or shelter: House slaps, window taps, tent wiggles, camper rocking, etc

While asleep one night, I was awoken by some fairly large footsteps outside the window of my bedroom (I’m a light sleeper). It sounded as if they were trying to be stealthy. I sat up and peered out between the gap of the blinds and the window frame, but could not see anything. Then something banged/slapped the wall of our house twice and then ran away. My wife didn’t hear anything, so I called my neighbor to see if he was outside. I knew he wasn’t, but I really just wanted someone else to go outside with me as I was a little nervous. We met outside with flashlights and looked all around, but didn’t see anything.

Applying Occam's razor, the most likely explanation is that it was just someone being stupid as we did live in the city and the likelihood of a sasquatch coming into city limits is pretty remote. However with that said, this behavior is consistent with known sasquatch behavior and this never happened before, nor after that one event. Also, even though we lived in the city, our house butted right up against a greenbelt that did provide access and cover (with a few road crossings) all the way to Mt. Hood National Forest, so it is possible, though still unlikely, that it was a sasquatch.

Third: 1998, Molalla River, Molalla, OR

Uneasiness; Woodknocking

While fly fishing from the bank of the Molalla river early one morning (about 6:00am) I heard some crashing through the brush. I stopped to listen. A little ways a way a dog was barking like crazy. At first I thought maybe it was a dog coming after me, but the barking was not coming from the same location as the crashing. Then I thought maybe it was a deer or elk, as from the ruckus it was making, I figured it was big. It continued to crash through the brush towards my direction. But then the crashing stopped, and everything went quiet. I could see nothing through the dense foliage. After about 15-20 seconds of silence there were two distinct wood knocks. I got the impression that whatever was coming had seen me and that I was in the way of where it wanted to go. I immediately felt very uneasy, so I grabbed my fishing stuff and high-tailed it out of there.

That's the extent of my encounters.

The one thing I would really like to experience before I die is to have a solid visual of one.

What I have experienced is a howl; very low pitched, and rich "samurai" type mumbles.  IMO, it was outside the range of human capability. 

A friend of mine described a situation on a hike where, for no reason whatsoever, he became completely overcome with fear and fled a lake shore in terror.  Could have been an infrasound encounter.

Just had footsteps and bangs on the camper. Turned out to be a rat.

Have a broken femur bone 300 feet away from probably winter kill cow that was snapped outward (to get at marrow). No explanation for that. No teeth marks on it. Only one femur snapped that way. Skull missing 3 weeks later. Only human could do that, skull was bent backward, leather around it, very difficult to pull out. No nutritional value. Definite coyotes in area. Forest in sight one mile away though. But no one around in winter. Hills can hide as well as trees can.

I haven't been on this forum in a while, but I came back on while searching for bigfoot vocalizations on the internet, since last night I heard some sort of whooping sounds and a banging sound back by the swamp in our area when I went out to check on the goats (around 11:00 pm or so). When I heard it I stood there and listened to it shortly, although it was hard for me to hear it since it was a ways away, then my dog started barking and the sounds stopped. I am not sure what it was, so that was why I was trying to look up different vocalizations and even owl hoots. I would like to get my brother to go back there and look around with me if I can get him to! I really want to go look around to see if I could find the spot, but I don't want to go by myself. 

"Other"

Two weekends ago I was fly fishing in an extremely remote section of a hard-to-access river in Idaho. Trust me, NOBODY goes where I was at. The river is large but the cfs flows were down, as it usually is during the mid to late summer. Wading was easy in most sections to cross the river.

As I was casting and wading, I stopped for a bit to turn toward the bank. That is where I saw a clear and indisputable footprint in some hard soil on the embankment. The footprint was cut in half--the top half of the foot was clear and the impression was unmistakably outlined with the outer perimeter of the foot and even the toes. But the bottom half of the print was in the water. However, even though it was in the water you could still see a faint impression based mostly on the discoloration of the mud. The footprint was about 12-13" long because my boot was equal to it in length.

It's hard to say how old the print was. Because I remember seeing some outline in the water portion of the print, I'm left to guess that perhaps the print occurred earlier that morning. It was about noon when I saw this print. The subject had to have been crossing the river because the print was perfectly perpendicular to the river and the bank. The animal was going straight out of the water and up onto the land.

I thought about taking a picture, but I didn't because I do not think it would have turned out. It was shady I don't think the picture would have displayed the impression very well. But still, I should have taken one anyway and I will always regret not doing so.

But I know what I saw and it was a footprint. It was wider than a human footprint and the toes were not long and thin like human. Again, I only had the top half to analyze, but I knew what it was when I saw it.

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

Something pounded on the second floor of my family's house in the middle of the night when I was a teenager. Two series of incredibly powerful thuds going from one side of the house around to the other. The pounding shook the walls and windows and woke everyone up. Based on things I've read and recollections of some other odd incidents from back then, I now think it was a Bigfoot. No one we knew was tall enough to pound the walls of the second story of the house, nor strong enough to put enough force into the blows to shake the structure.

Calls, heard footsteps. whistles, uneasiness, rock tossing, tree shaking and wood knocking seems to be most prominent among non-sighting experiences. 

close proximity low long growling, close up speech outside my tent and rock movement when it stepped back after a standoff of silence between us (I was snoring) woke up to speech, close proximity whoops after I toss rocks towards direction of what sounded like something foraging in creek moving rocks, splashs, hear biped crossing fairly deep creek in freezing weather, with folks watching one tree peeking close by at us by it was before I got glasses and couldn't make it out like the other could, numerous vocals , wood knocks, limb snaps and movement (break right after ward and target had been on therm and we flanked it flushing it out, rock clacking, rock tossing, limb crash and something large falling into creek splashing  then stopped and walking out, bipedal pacing foot steps paralleling me, possible eyes and tree peeking close thru small thermal camera. All occurred at night  OK, TX , AR, WA .....2005-2013

Edited by GEARMAN