Once And For All

Let's say that some scientific organizations decided to give a shot at documating bigfoot. With enough funding they cumbed through key bigfoot areas like the forests of the PNW. After say 5 years they came up empty. Would that make you doubt bigfoot's existance?

No, but suspect it would make those who don't believe be happier than a witch in a broom factory! I would though question the inability to achieve a desire outcome and hold accountable those who pick the timing, equipment and tactics of the search,

Guest Boolywooger

The ones I saw were sitting right in the middle of the road!

That explains it Sal! They were waiting for the bus.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Staff Edit

That fits :)

Maybe he should have put some of that funded money towards a reward to generate some tips? :)

That would have been way worse for reliability of reports methinks. As it was, since they had to promote the project to "get it out there" I'm sure he got some callers thinking they could make a buck for something sounding convincing.

We have some excellent photos and video...of course it is rather conveniently dismissed out of hand by Skeptics...

Really says who? You? Your opinion holds the same amount of water as mine. I think their isn't, you think there is. Kinda at a stand still hey?

If bigfoots are like to indigenous people who keep themselves under the radar, then they would have to live in close-knit societies. Yet bigfoots are usually reported as solitary.

Guest OntarioSquatch

It could vary from place to place. I don't know anyone who knows enough about them to know for sure, but I remember Mr. Randles said the ones he tries to study in Olympic National park seem to travel in family groups.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Ah, the "Idoubtit" argument from authority routine rears it's head once more. Only "authorized" people are allowed to competently document evidence... :rolleyes:

Uh yeah. A trained expert is better equipped to interpet evidence than an amuetar. Rolling your eyes doesn't change that.

I guess relying on a doctor to examine my health is an argument from authority too huh?

Edited by Jerrymanderer

I think the best chance any scientific organization would have is to work with willing property owners who have had a history of Bigfoot activity on their land and accept them for what they are. The Bigfoot seem much more relaxed in these environments and more apt to show themselves, providing the new strangers don't appear to be a threat to them. I have had several visual sightings in this manner just chilling out in these areas and letting the locals come to me for a "Look see".

Being patient and genuine goes a long way. Trying hunt and herd them can be a very taxing thing with few rewards...

Uh yeah. A trained expert is better equipped to interpet evidence than an amuetar. Rolling your eyes doesn't change that.

I guess relying on a doctor to examine my health is an argument from authority too huh?

I've had enough friends die of cancer that I do question the authority of doctors, but but that is a topic for another thread.

I've had enough friends die of cancer that I do question the authority of doctors, but but that is a topic for another thread.

Sorry for your loss but I wasn't saying doctors where miracle workers and I think they have a better track record then untrained amatuers.

Edited by Jerrymanderer