Bigfoot's Knowledge Of Us...

So I posted this in another topic but I thought it might warrant it's own discussion... do you think that the majority of BFs might not even know we exist? It seems to me that we simply have seperate habitats that don't normally align, so most of them could be born, live their lives, and die without ever spotting any of the funny-looking pink, hairless monkeys wearing clothing. We have wooded areas the size of countries, and we don't have populations of humans living there.

I think the fact is that humans and BFs simply do not have overlapping habitats, except for on the very edge of both. So on the rare ocassion that a human encounters a BF, that means that the human and BF have both travelled to the very edge of their respective habitats at the same time in the same area. I think encounters are rare for both, so BFs as a species likely do not even know we exist for the most part. This would also explain why "curious" behavior has been reported during encounters.

What do you guys think?

So I posted this in another topic but I thought it might warrant it's own discussion... do you think that the majority of BFs might not even know we exist? It seems to me that we simply have seperate habitats that don't normally align, so most of them could be born, live their lives, and die without ever spotting any of the funny-looking pink, hairless monkeys wearing clothing. We have wooded areas the size of countries, and we don't have populations of humans living there.

I think the fact is that humans and BFs simply do not have overlapping habitats, except for on the very edge of both. So on the rare ocassion that a human encounters a BF, that means that the human and BF have both travelled to the very edge of their respective habitats at the same time in the same area. I think encounters are rare for both, so BFs as a species likely do not even know we exist for the most part. This would also explain why "curious" behavior has been reported during encounters.

What do you guys think?

I think that it depends on where you are talking about.

There are remote places where they aren't going to see people often, and almost never close up. The centers of large contiguous areas of suitable habitat may, as with other species, be taken by the biggest and strongest, and others moved out to the periphery. Maybe the center animals have less experience of us, the peripherals more.

Remember how many encounters involve animals next to people's houses, and even looking in windows (and in one account, breaking a door to grab a bag of garbage). I don't know how good a look those animals are getting, but I think it's safe to say a lot of late-night house-snooping goes unobserved by us.

As with chimps (and humans), there are groups remote enough that their experience of people may be pretty much non-existent. But I think that most curious behavior observed is as it is with known animals: wanting to know more, not experiencing for the first time.

Edited by DWA

I think you don't quite get the picture.

After being surrounded, watched, & used as a pet by them for upwards of 7years, I find it hard to believe that there are any that are over a month old that don't know about us.

They communicate & travel. They know.

• Upvote 2

I think it may be a possibility at least. There are more areas of uninhabited North America that are so large that perhaps no human has ever gone there than many people think.

I have heard that all man made surfaces, including all buildings and road surfaces in North America can easily fit in Texas and still not completely pave it over.

I think it may be a possibility at least. There are more areas of uninhabited North America that are so large that perhaps no human has ever gone there than many people think.

I have heard that all man made surfaces, including all buildings and road surfaces in North America can easily fit in Texas and still not completely pave it over.

It's very overestimated how much of our country is paved over. You would think the vast majority of our population has never been in an airplane.

One thing these animals have no problem with, at the moment, is suitable habitat.

I think you don't quite get the picture.

After being surrounded, watched, & used as a pet by them for upwards of 7years, I find it hard to believe that there are any that are over a month old that don't know about us.

They communicate & travel. They know.

Hmmm, the best way I can put it is that I put more stock in other experiences than this one... you could be right, but even in this case yours would be one family group who knows about you, I'm talking about their population as a whole. There are also groups of humans that know about them, but our "species" doesn't know they exist. I am only being honest in saying that I have trouble believing you because each story seems to be more sensational than the last, with outlandish claims of clear pictures but a refusal to show them. I am NOT calling you a liar, but I am saying that for these reasons I cannot accept your point of view for consideration.

Ok, if you want something you can believe....

Yep, you're right. There are probably thousands of them that are sitting in caves in the middle of the wilderness, never travel more that a mile from where they are born, & never see a human hunting, hiking, logging, or whatever else we do "out there". :nea:

Is that better? I keep forgetting that these kinds of threads are started to get people to tell you that you are right, not tell you their opinion.

More of my opinion: You need to get a clue.

I think that it depends on where you are talking about.

Remember how many encounters involve animals next to people's houses, and even looking in windows (and in one account, breaking a door to grab a bag of garbage). I don't know how good a look those animals are getting, but I think it's safe to say a lot of late-night house-snooping goes unobserved by us.

Right, but even in this case it would just be the animals that live in that vicinity that would know about a cabin with people in it... I guess it would depend on what kind of communication system they have and if they are able to document experiences by other members of their kind and whether word would travel in their society (if they have a society). I am more inclined to believe that they are apes, in which case a specific encounter might be remembered by a specific animal and communicated to his immediate family unit, but go no further.

Very interesting either way. As Sasfooty said, they may be outright people with language, **** hats, and cigarettes, in which case they are FULLY aware of our presence here. I'm very interested to know!

Right, but even in this case it would just be the animals that live in that vicinity that would know about a cabin with people in it... I guess it would depend on what kind of communication system they have and if they are able to document experiences by other members of their kind and whether word would travel in their society (if they have a society). I am more inclined to believe that they are apes, in which case a specific encounter might be remembered by a specific animal and communicated to his immediate family unit, but go no further.

Very interesting either way. As Sasfooty said, they may be outright people with language, **** hats, and cigarettes, in which case they are FULLY aware of our presence here. I'm very interested to know!

Well, yeah, I'm presuming that their experiences of us are direct, i.e., based on actual observations of us.

(Of course I frequently wonder how many people have seen a sasquatch at a distance and dismissed it as a guy in a hoodie.)

Until we know more about them, it's all speculation. But I would expect that lots of them, maybe most, have seen more than one of us.

Ok, if you want something you can believe....

Yep, you're right. There are probably thousands of them that are sitting in caves in the middle of the wilderness, never travel more that a mile from where they are born, & never see a human hunting, hiking, logging, or whatever else we do "out there". :nea:

Is that better? I keep forgetting that these kinds of threads are started to get people to tell you that you are right, not tell you their opinion.

More of my opinion: You need to get a clue.

Hey thanks for the insult! Makes me regret my attempt to NOT be rude lol... I didn't start this thread for you to tell me I was right, I started this thread for a DISCUSSION of a perspective I have that I haven't seen much of around here. When you start your post with "You don't get the picture" then you are telling me that you are right and I'm wrong, end of discussion. Well I'm not interested in that, unless you are going to offer up something. HOW do you know this? HOW did they "treat you like a toy"? Can we see some of those nifty pictures? No? Of course we can't, we will all just believe you then. And if we try to let you know that we will probably not be subscribing to your position just yet, well, then we can expect insults.

Thanks for that. Anything else to add? Would you actually like to DISCUSS some of the behavior that you've seen? Believe it or not I would actually be interested in reading about any details you can provide.

I suspect there are individuals who travel from group to group and serve as the postal sytem, necessity being the mother of invention.

• Upvote 1

Guest wudewasa

Something is beating on trees with sticks, making horrible impersonations of our calls, is obsessed with our footprints, hangs weird things from trees that are annoying and leaves tasty brown food behind in a brightly colored covering with a strange pattern that resembles "zagnut" - it MUST be a human!

Guest BastetsCat

I have serious doubts that there are any of them that do not know that we exist. We are talking about thousands of years of cohabitation with Native Americans. The successive inhabitation of the United States and Canada over the last couple of hundred years.

The probability that the Native American Cultrure could have been bigger and farther reaching than what most people think, a great many of the tribes being nomadic. Most if not all of those historical people having detailed though many lost stories about the creatures.

True there are places that people do not go, possible places where human feet have never landed on the soil. In reality those places are not often far enough away from places where you find people. Even if it is just a small collection of people.

If the Ketchum study is to be believed and they are at least half human then they have a capacity to think. Trouble shoot, and prolem solve. Ancient tails from the Native Americans suggest that they have language. This makes communication probable in my opinion. Human nature is to tell stories and tales. sit around a campfire- it gets it going. We tell our kids to watch out for.... I am sure that they do too.

I think that by nature of the beast they are smarter stronger and more in tune with the wilds than we are. It could be that at one point humans were every bit what they are in terms of survival. Some still are. But for the most part not so much. I don't think that they could be out there and not be totally aware of us. I think it is instead our numbness of society life that makes us unaware of them.

Like this for instance....take a man that decends from Vikings by say a thousand years. He has lived in his home country with his people knows about his culture....he probably still can't make a vikking sword on a forge.

An Indian who came from a family of trackers that had been among the best of the best a hundred years ago, but grew up in New York City....probably couldn't track his way out of a paper bag.

We as humans have become lax and numb to survival because we built society. BF still lives in the wilds quietly being what they are, watching and waiting. They don't live in an area; they travel. In theory they travel great distances, possibly hundreds of miles within a season. That excludes them not knowing that we are there.

My experiences tell me they frequent the fringe of society (of course not all of them) and watch us closely.

I would suspect to be so close and become so adept at evading the human race, they'd have to teach their young all about us.