Bigfoot's Knowledge Of Us...

Haha, thanks :tomato: ! That was my first substantive post, and I was nervous about making it,

Well then, you get my last +1 of the day for following through, welcome to the board my friend! You'll soon find that there's nothing to be nervous about around here lol... just be yourself and want to learn and you'll love it here!

I've been told more than once, & probably a few of them were you that told me, that I should keep my "fanciful stories" to myself. It seems to be irritating some members here to no end, & goodness knows that I just hate to be irritating. So, no, I wouldn't like to.

Sometimes people who make their bed have to lie in it. Show you aren't receptive to the evidence and who is gonna talk to you about it?

I've been asked stuff like "OK, give me what you think are the five most significant pieces of evidence for bigfoot." Oh, like that is gonna convince you.

Edited by DWA

I've got to think that even if they are the apex predotor, we must be the greatest threat to them and their habitat. So it would seem logical that they understand this threat either by having a great level of intelligence or genetically passed down. They are so good at avoiding us, hiding from us and even when spotted they disapear so qiuckly, it would point to them being fully aware of who we are and the danger we could bring.

So I posted this in another topic but I thought it might warrant it's own discussion... do you think that the majority of BFs might not even know we exist? It seems to me that we simply have seperate habitats that don't normally align, so most of them could be born, live their lives, and die without ever spotting any of the funny-looking pink, hairless monkeys wearing clothing. We have wooded areas the size of countries, and we don't have populations of humans living there.

I think the fact is that humans and BFs simply do not have overlapping habitats, except for on the very edge of both. So on the rare ocassion that a human encounters a BF, that means that the human and BF have both travelled to the very edge of their respective habitats at the same time in the same area. I think encounters are rare for both, so BFs as a species likely do not even know we exist for the most part. This would also explain why "curious" behavior has been reported during encounters.

What do you guys think?

Your post made me think of a photo I once saw. It was a photo taken from a low flying cessna that was being shot at by arrows from a unknown Amazon Indian tribe.

There are Homo Sapiens on this planet to this very day........that don't know "we" exist.

The lower 48 is pretty well carved up........even places like the Bob Marshall wilderness or the Frank Church wilderness sees it's fair share of humans..........but Canada? Alaska? Siberia? Malaysia? I think its a foregone conclusion that there could be many species of animals that go their whole lives without contact with humans. Except for the occasional contrail 30000 feet over their heads.........that they wouldn't notice unless they looked up.

Amazon photos (found them)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1022822/Incredible-pictures-Earths-uncontacted-tribes-firing-bows-arrows.html

Edited by norseman

I think it's more likely that if they're a sentient species with communication, that we're probably a bit of "folklore" to them as well. Sasquatches who claim to have seen humans may be scrutinized and doubted just the same, and encounters with them might only happen with a few members of the species like you're saying. I wouldn't say tha'ts too unlikely at all.

However, someone mentioned how there have been reports of sasquatch looking through windows... That's the only thing that makes me think that maybe more sasquatch know about humans, than humans about sasquatch. Because for one thing, humans are very loud, flashy creatures... We use light that can be seen for miles in a forest, have cars that can be heard from miles away, etc. For a majority of sasquatch not to know about humans, it would mean that that they would have to populate an area so remote that it has been untouched by modern human technology, or at least in an observable way. Just by the fact that we have so many airplanes flying over head, I'm relatively certain that there's no way for sasquatch to be unaware of us.

However, that doesn't mean that if they were aware of us, that they understood us, or knew what we were and didn't regard us in the same skeptical manner that we do them.

And, how complete an understanding of humans would be formed from these interactions combined with prior knowledge?

The ones I have interacted with (but I haven't seen one yet) are within 20 miles of 150k people. This particular troop MUST know us as well as we know ourselves - our habits, our noise, our likely locations, and our fears. They were not happy during the one time a friend and I went to where they were at late dusk - they knew people usually weren't around then, they knew exactly what to do to frighten us into leaving, and they expressed themselves quite well. I am sure they also know exactly what crops are grown by whom in the area, and the best times and means to get to them. I have no doubt that this group is well versed in human behavior. They are also in an area where hunting is forbidden, and much of their (supposed by me) habitat is on private property, most of which has "no hunting" signs. My guess is that is not accidental.

I know there are places they live that are unvisited by us. I don't think anyone is saying anything different. Thing is, a great many of the places that are visited by us are also visited by some of them. You can bet they do share that information. They can talk. They have superior speed and probably great endurance and travel. They follow the food supply, at the least. There may be many in hinterlands untrod by boot or sneaker but there are likely few in areas so hinter that they have not heard of us and our shenanigans via the "apevine," if you will pardon the phrase. (cue music........)

And by the way, thanks for starting a thread not about you-know-what.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Remember your last airline flight. What did you see when you looked down? In the continental US you see a patchwork of farms and cities with roads conecting everything.

Yes, they know us. We are like cows. Eating away and minding our own business. Work, eat, TV and sleep. Only a few of us are awake and outside between 1 and 5 am. Sasfooty, Madison and Mapletoffe are right. Go spend some time near a swamp or river where there are few people at say 2:30am.

I don't see how the vast majority of them could be oblivious to our presence. I like what BastetCat said about centuries of living with tribes of Native Americans - true.

As we expand our cities and build out, we are encroaching upon their habitat. Makes sense we encounter them more often.

In addition, here in the PNW (I am in Oregon) it's only been inhabited by pioneers and their descendants for the last 160 years or so (with the Native American tribes who have been here much longer but maintained a more sustainable population).

It hasn't been until the last 100 years that there have been large cities at all! When I went to Europe, I was boggled at the idea that this land had been inhabited for thousands upon thousands of years. When I went back east in the US, I was amazed at several centuries of cities and towns. Out here in the PNW, everything still feels kinda newly settled. Though we are populating it relentlessly, it is still quite a wild country - get off the beaten paths and it is still wilderness.

And the logging. Yes, they've seen us log the forests they live in quite extensively here in the PNW.

The first home in Eugene was established in 1846. That's essentially yesterday. We've invaded their quiet country and taken over! Yes, they know we are here...

Yes, and NOW were on the threshold of *really* getting to *know* them. There is now very sophisticated techology being utiilzed as evidenced over the last several years. I regret to say, it's just a matter of time before one is captured. I hope this never happens, but it seems inevitable.

My experiences tell me they frequent the fringe of society (of course not all of them) and watch us closely.

I would suspect to be so close and become so adept at evading the human race, they'd have to teach their young all about us.

Not only do they teach them to avoid certain ones of "us" but they teach them to actually find safe places in some of our backyards at times. Kind of like a daycare center, where adults will leave the little ones knowing that they will be very safe and sound.

The little ones play together, chase each other around in the treetops, swim in little creeks, play with human kids toys....not dumb animals as some people would have you believe.

I have also wondered if they come close to humans to teach their young about us and our behaviors. Kinda turns the tables on us, doesn't it? Who is watching whom???

Guest BFSleuth

I'm of the opinion that bigfoot is most likely sentient, with language. If you start with this as an assumption, the it follows that they would use language to teach their children and discuss their experiences with one another. It would then be likely, based on eons of interaction with homo sapiens sapiens that they would be aware of us.

While not all their population live near human habitation, they may have heard of us, or at least heard us as we flew over in the sky or drove by in our cars, trucks, or trains. While I personally know that wolverines exist I've seen one only once in the wild, at a distance as it ran across a frozen lake. For those bigfoot that live in remote areas they may know humans exist, but likewise might share a story with their family about "the time I saw a Little Foot, and boy was I scared!"

Regarding the observation behavior that many witnesses have reported, it does seem that they do like to keep a close eye on what we do. It wouldn't surprise me if word gets out if we have some "new thing". I'm sure when automobiles starting passing by on the road or traintracks started getting laid and trains going by it may have had some impact on their behavior toward us. For sure when we developed muskets, then rifles, then high powered hunting rifles it impacted how they could interact with us.

It would be surprising to me if they have designated "watchers" that report back what they observe.