Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Guest VioletX

Minnow films hasn't said anything about Rick Dyer or his story.

I am not sure what you mean.. "said anything" to support or contradict the story, or that he is in the documentary.

Edited by VioletX

WldhrtRnch said:

Absolutely correct. If Dyer has a dead bigfoot - I will eat crow with everyone else. But, the odds of me having to do that are slim to none. I would love for the question to be answered, that being "does bigfoot exist," because frankly I am tired of the question. But, do I think Dyer has done this? Absolutely not. I don't think I am being cynical - just realistic.

Personally I think this is a reboot of 2008 - with new targets. The unfortunate truth is we are surrounded by people who love nothing better than to poke fun at witnesses and what we do.

Melissa...come on now..*IF* he has a body???

LeafTalker, I'm probably the least judgemental person you'll find. My profession requires it and I've spent a lifetime perfecting it. I do agree we grow as people, and treating others as we'd want to be treated is a moto I live by. If I were out there claiming to have a dead BF, I'd expect to be treated pretty much as the same as we are seeing here. Extrodinary claims require extrodinary proof.

I'm with you all the way to the last sentence, where I get pulled up short. I hear that all the time: "Extraordinary claims 'require' extraordinary proof." Why? Whoever wrote that in stone anywhere? Is there a thread on this somewhere? I bet there is. Anyway, the word "require" is strange to me. Who's doing all this "requiring"? I don't think anybody can "require" anything of anyone else. We're all free human beings. Freedom is not about "requiring". But this is clearly a much bigger discussion, so I'll leave it there for now. :)

I did not say that it did, I simply said it jumped out at me.

I studied English Lit in college and took a course called "Theatricality". The basic thesis was that all playwrights use theatricality to underscore a truth that might otherwise remain hidden, or just glow dimly in the background. And many (most?) people who create documentaries will tell you that creating a story is the most important thing, AND that it's essentially impossible to remove the director's/storyteller's bias from those stories. It is not an impeachment of anyone's credibility to say they were involved in a "theatrical" production, in my view; it's only a call for us, as readers/viewers, to use as much of our own innate good sense and discernment as we possibly can to "evaluate" the information we're getting. If it rings true for us, that's a good thing. :)

Guest VioletX

I would like to hear what evidence points more to RD having a BF vs not?

Jacki might be the better person to make a list of things that support him, all I can say is that the only thing that calls this story in question is Dyer's history and the fact that there are no leaks about the body's where about's or from whatever official was invoved upon the discovery. Interesting, I finally listened to his last podcast and Dyer sad that he was sure that the military/gov't knew about the body because the officials that came to the scene are connected very closely to the military... Hmmmmm???

LOL, maybe there was a special ops helicopter involved ; }

Melissa's "if" is one reason I admire her so much! (Melissa, I'm a fan!!! "If" you couldn't tell.) :)

Everyone should be saying "if". If, if, if, if, if........ If!!!!!!!!

Sorry, you're right. I should have capitalized it !!! LOL.

You're welcome WldhrtRnch. I agree - and think it's great there are people in this like Violet and JackiLB - who seem to have an endless supply of compassion.. It does give me hope for the future of this research.. But, with my background and experience I can't pretend I believe this guy. I don't hate him, I don't even know him. I just don't appreciate the games he plays with this community. There are good people who come to us looking for help - and it's these bogus claims that end up causing these people more pain.

Yeah, it yanks my chain. I used to think we could do something to stop these people. I have discovered we can not. We can only try to warn everyone else.

Maybe I have missed something here. Maybe my memory fails me. The only evidence, is here say.

Pictures?

Video?

Video thru the tent, if it is real, does not equal a body.

He said he believes RD has a body.

RD says he has a body

Just show me some proof

Edited by lhlyda

Just in from Dyer blog>>

"Call me a skeptic, but who can say RD isn't going to cut Allen in on his gravy train to keep his hoax alive for a while longer. RD is making $$$$$ from this (hoax or not) and may stand to make more as long as he can string people along. Making Allen a convert will prove nothing to me."

DYER ANSWERS: If people would stop thinking so negatively they would realize It's impossible to make money off of hoax. The only reason we made money in 2008 is because they gave us $50,000 to help pull it off. If there was no Biscardi Then no money would've been involved. Therefore the only way to make money is if this is proven real.

And yes I plan to make a whole heap load of money off of this.

So people needs to get their heads out of their a## and quit being haters..... Maybe if I had a piece of Barmied and send it off for DNA I would get more respect...

Guest VioletX

Just show me some proof

I want proof as well, all I can say is innocent until proven guilty, that is one of the reasons I am being fair to Dyer.

• Upvote 1

Fascinating, ronn1......... Hard to argue with what RD is saying!

Here's the thing: Sometimes it takes a maker of war to become a maker of peace. Sometimes you have to visit the dark side -- the one we all have -- to become the best possible (the most knowledgeable supporter of!) the "light side".

but the fact is no one has proven this is a hoax, IMHO there is actually more evidence to support Dyer's claims.

Umm ... ?? What evidence is there to support his claim that he shot and killed a BF? Just because RD and CN say so? The only evidence so far is that he was at that location with the film crew. I don't consider the tent video evidence because I think it's fake, but LET'S SAY it does show a real BF chomping on some ribs ... there is no evidence that he killed it and has it somewhere in Vegas.

No one has proven it's a hoax but many here have punched HUGE holes in his story. I'm not going to seriously consider military helicopters, stealth freezer truck transport, 9-page NDAs, as covers for those holes.

Here are the facts as I understand. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am open. I want to sort this out in my mind.

RD claims he has a body

Who has claimed to have seen it?

Several people have said I believe what he says and gives no reason why.

We all know the past, this in turn makes us skeptical.

I really, REALLY want BF to be confirmed as real. But, at this point, I don't have any evidence that tells me so.

Edited by lhlyda

I'm with you all the way to the last sentence, where I get pulled up short. I hear that all the time: "Extraordinary claims 'require' extraordinary proof."

When someone says extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, there is an implied "... for me to believe it." at the end.

That's why we haven't been reading Ketchum's study in all the scientific journals.

Guest VioletX

Fascinating, ronn1......... Hard to argue with what RD is saying!

Here's the thing: Sometimes it takes a maker of war to become a maker of peace. Sometimes you have to visit the dark side -- the one we all have -- to become the best possible (the most knowledgeable supporter of!) the "light side".

That is similar to some things I have been thinking and at any rate although Dyer will never be a Saint in the Bf community, he is not all dark.

Perhaps Dyers walk through the dark side and the hatred that befell him as result was enough to motivate him and accelerate his drive and tracking skills.

Did anyone else search for a San Antonio BF as a result of this homeless couple's story? Maybe he does have a street-smartness and savior faire that he has not been given credit for.

Edited by VioletX