Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Guest miller44

^ I agree, the fbfb guys don't strike me as hoaxers. It's just that it seems that a lot of people have already decided they must be "in on the hoax", so I guess those people wil not be persuaded by anything they say.

Yeah you are right about that. Didn't Grover Krantz say before he died that he was convinced that even if he had a body he could literally rub most peoples faces in the carcass and they still wouldn't believe it. It's amazing the degree to which some people will entrench themselves.

On that note I am going to do my very best to not entrench myself of the plus side either. I want to be objective and keep an open mind, and if I should stray I hope that I have good enough friends hereabouts that they will keep me from oversteping the line drawn by the actual evidence (such as Musky's intereview and the tent vid) and mitigating factors (such as Dyer's recent award and the movie poster).

Guest miller44

That they declared a three time hoaxer "researcher of the year" destroys any credibility they might have had.

I guess you could safely argue that point. And conversely I can safely argue that they must have a really really good reason for doing so...

My personal take on what that reason could be is that FB/FB viewed the body...

So Psy, what's your take on the reason FB/FB did what they did, there has to be a reason right?

BFF Patron

FB/FB is a "business" . They are in the business of making every online video they can find into the next best thing since Patterson's film of Bigfoot. If they can make some money along the way stringing people along to watch things like the "tent video" and follow Dyer's sad clap-trap the better for them right? Seems they succeed.... don't get me wrong BF is out there but the number of videos that could possibly be of one are few and far between or not published to date, so they bottom feed on making something like an analysis sound scientific while keeping people entertained.

At least that is my take on it and I am a witness. Researcher of the year award to such a comedic Biscardi organizer/organization is tantamount to a business model that is rather transparent I might add.

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

Guest miller44

FB/FB is a "business" . They are in the business of making every online video they can find into the next best thing since Patterson's film of Bigfoot. If they can make some money along the way stringing people along to watch things like the "tent video" and follow Dyer's sad clap-trap the better for them right? Seems they succeed....

I don't buy that angle at all. I can't see how potentially incurring the unmitigated wrath of 38000 FB followers and 6000 youtube viewers is a solid business model. Especially since the are sticking their chins out like this just 2 days after an investigator posted the FB/FB co-authors real names and business bios on the net for all the community to view. Before two days ago they were anonomous, not now, yet they are still forging ahead...

To say the least if this blows up as a proven hoax the FB/FB guys are going to be hammered to a degree that we haven't seen previously (at least not Biscotti since 2008). I just can't see this move being about website hits; there is zero long term pay off and too much potential risk to them in their real working lives.

To my mind if they are business men going "All In" at this point and time is not good business without a good reason. They have consistant moneymaker [sic] at present, and it's all down the tubes with headaches to follow if it all goes bad.

It was reported on http://www.thecryptocrew.com/ yesterday that the FB/Fb team went and viewed the body yesterday night. And today FB/FB posted a video with a member of the FB/FB team standing next to Dyer presenting him with the "researcher of the year 2012" award. I think it's a situation where we can safely put 2 and 2 together.

I could be wrong here, but see what you guys think.

Was the Award video shot in 2012? So, way before they even took this trip to Vegas (alledged trip)?

The reason I say this is that Jeff Anderson, at 1.27 of the video, says "This year, in 2012...we think this is a phenomenal breakthrough year". He also says, "So this year, 2012 we'd like to award..."He doesn't say "was a phenomenal" or "last year" (although he does say "was" near the start of the video). Is it just the way he is phrasing things? It seems to me he's talking in the present tense.

Is there any significance in this? Maybe. If it was filmed last year, in 2012, but released now to coincide with this supposed trip to see the body, then that could be significant because it doesn't necesarily mean that FBFB were there in Vegas yesterday to view the body and give Rick Dyer his award.

I'd be interested in people's thoughts on the language Jeff Anderson uses, To me, he's talking as if it is 2012.

Also, does it snow in Vegas? I have no clue.

Best regards,

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Not sun glasses? You can't see that? So what is protruding from BF's face?

Look at the negative picture I posted. Eyes don't do that only sun glasses do.

I will posts the negative of the Patterson picture of the face for comparison.

I have been a collector since I was eight years old.

Joey-we were left books of thousands and thousands of my father's stamp collection, some going back to 1800's-I wish I could find someway to sell the whole collection outright

That they declared a three time hoaxer "researcher of the year" destroys any credibility they might have had.

Well it seems that the award was given for the evidence RD produced not for decades of research?? People who have put in years of their lives researching, are given respect in a different way. They write books and give talks and people attend and praise them. Its happening all the time. Christopher Noel has been given praise by many for his books and has made appearances on radio shows and conferences. I expect this is the kind of respect and praise he would personally prefer compared to be given a perspex award. This FBFB award would seem to be about evidence only?

Guest VioletX

I guess you could safely argue that point. And conversely I can safely argue that they must have a really really good reason for doing so...

My personal take on what that reason could be is that FB/FB viewed the body...

So Psy, what's your take on the reason FB/FB did what they did, there has to be a reason right?

I think that they did view the body. ;)

Edited by VioletX

Yep!! That sums it up nicely! Just confirms FBFB is in on this hoax. It comes down to $$ I guess they would sell there soul any credibility they had is completely gone. All they are doing know is furthuring the gap between legimate Sasquatch research and mainsteam science stream

I'm so tired of all the mind games. That award show was a joke....I mean seriously. If you have seen a body, show some proof. If you have a body, show some proof.

End of story.

Someone asked about vegas weather:

http://las-vegas-nv....w-in-las-vegas/

http://www.weather.c...V USNV0049:1:US

SimplySkyla,

I, at my house, have felt that 2012 has been the best year for Bigfoot Forum comments since 2011, and after considering all the nominees I am honoured to present you, Simplyskyla, as commenter of the year on Bigfoot Forums.

How does winning this award make you feel?