Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

I am open to the idea that even a known hoaxer has the ability to change.

I was also open to the idea that maybe he had changed....not convinced, but open to the idea. That was until I heard the recording when he called in to coast to coast with his ridiculous werewolf story pretending to be someone else. Linda Godfrey was the guest, who at the time was still collecting eye witness reports for another book she was writing on the wolfman. No doubt Dyer was trying to get his report into the book and would of had a good laugh if it had made it in. This was at the end of august, ( august the 26th ) right before his little "trip" to San Antonio.

@jacki If Minnow Films came forward and said, Ok, he is lying there is no dead BF....you really think that is going to increase their publicity? In two days they would be yesterday's news. I mean look at the "Daisy in the Box" story now. It's the mystery around not " knowing" that draws crowds, curious if they are going to see a new discovery or the ramblings of a mad man.

I agree that anyone who wants to believe this story is certainly entitled to do so, I just am confused why is all. lol

I think what we have to remember is that the market for this documentary includes a higher proportion of people than us 'footers' We are in quite a minority and although we all dredge through the net searching for all kinds of info about anything Bigfoot related, the bigger picture is that we are a tiny minority. The majority of people who are waiting for Minnows next great film wont be interested in Bigfoot like we are. They are people who are interested in watching interesting films that make us think.

I was also open to the idea that maybe he had changed....not convinced, but open to the idea. That was until I heard the recording when he called in to coast to coast with his ridiculous werewolf story pretending to be someone else. Linda Godfrey was the guest, who at the time was still collecting eye witness reports for another book she was writing on the wolfman. No doubt Dyer was trying to get his report into the book and would of had a good laugh if it had made it in. This was at the end of august, ( august the 26th ) right before his little "trip" to San Antonio.

Rick Dyer could still be a hoaxer but one who has also found and shot a bigfoot?

Aside from all of the aforementioned reasons why this would not be real, I think there's one obvious reason this story is a hoax.

Money!!!

A Bigfoot body would be worth, conservatively, $300 - $500 million.

If they had Bigfoot on ice, they would not be holding out for an April release date of the documentary. They would already be making plans to cash in on the biggest discovery of this century!

This is the why I don't buy the story. There's just too much money at stake.

Edited by Cisco

Guest VioletX

Skyla, did you ask him if it was really him?

I thought it sounded like him, but not sure if it is a typical accent from his part of the country....

Maybe 6 or even 3 years ago that would of been the case. Here in the United States, Bigfoot has been pretty mainstream lately. Partially, in thanks to Animal Planet. More people than just "believers" have an interest at the moment. If we were to wave around the idea that there might be a dead bigfoot not only caught on video but in custody for viewing, ALOT of people's interest is going to be peeked.

I did ask and he never responded. I feel pretty confident that was him. He has a pretty distinct voice....aside from I guess what you are referring to as a southern accent.

Skyla, did you ask him if it was really him?

I thought it sounded like him, but not sure if it is a typical accent from his part of the country....

I listened to it over the weekend and I don't think it was him. The caller had an accent but, in fact, he was much better spoken than RD. If you watch his videos, he has trouble with work fluidity. He has a hard time transitioning from sentence to sentence or thought to thought. He may have ADD or something else that causes him to stop or stutter when he speaks. Regardless, the tone of the voice is a bit deeper and the caller also appears to have a larger vocabulary than RD.

and you are referring to the man who called in with the Portugal werewolf story. I disagree. Sounds just like dyer.

especially when he exaggerates a word...

compare these two:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bigfoottrackerllc/2012/10/14/rick-dyer-on-the-bigfoot-world-news-and-views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFrS286nahM

( skip to 2:18:04 )---> this is where his real voice is strongest

If they had Bigfoot on ice, they would not be holding out for an April release date of the documentary. They would already be making plans to cash in on the biggest discovery of this century!

Agree!

in both recordings, listen to when he says "and uhhhh" He's thinking of what he is going to say next and when he says this, sounds identical. The sound and the way he says it. You can also hear the same scratchiness in his voice.

( mark 6:03 on the blogcast )

( mark 2:19:02 on coast to coast )

Edited by simplyskyla

Aside from all of the aforementioned reasons why this would not be real, I think there's one obvious reason this story is a hoax.

Money!!!

A Bigfoot body would be worth, conservatively, $300 - $500 million.

This is the why I don't buy the story. There's just too much money at stake.

Yes I agree but I think this is one of the reasons why the story hasnt been floated out onto the mainstream press just yet because who is 'they'? 'They' are hoping to cash in a big check but 'they' are several parties and they are probably all arguing with their lawyers over who has rights etc. I remember hearing Rick Dyer saying on one of his radio shows that he owns 50% of the body, well who owns the other 50%? Maybe RD is arguing for 100% of the body but the State of Texas is doing the same? Who knows?

There must be an example somewhere in history of people wanting rights to a body? I am racking my brains....?

Cisco, Belmar and the many others over the now 31 pages are correct. You have a Bigfoot body. Why would you store it for 7 months just to coincide it with a low-key film festival? You are about to unveil the greatest scientific discovery of the century but this trumped by making sure you don't disappoint anyone at the Tribecca film festival.

I can guarantee that if Minnow are even aware or care about this 'controversy' then they will be having a chuckle at the 'footers' expense.

Jen Jen - you said that you thought the 'camper' vid was authentic. Do you also believe that Dyer blew out a bigfoots brains whilst in his underpants whilst being filmed by a full documentary film crew?

Violet - I'm a big proponent of Occam's Razor. Never thought I see it used to 'prove' the above!

Cisco, Belmar and the many others over the now 31 pages are correct. You have a Bigfoot body. Why would you store it for 7 months just to coincide it with a low-key film festival? You are about to unveil the greatest scientific discovery of the century but this trumped by making sure you don't disappoint anyone at the Tribecca film festival.

I can guarantee that if Minnow are even aware or care about this 'controversy' then they will be having a chuckle at the 'footers' expense.

Jen Jen - you said that you thought the 'camper' vid was authentic. Do you also believe that Dyer blew out a bigfoots brains whilst in his underpants whilst being filmed by a full documentary film crew?

Violet - I'm a big proponent of Occam's Razor. Never thought I see it used to 'prove' the above!

Blimey MarkGlasgow - you make it all sound like the film King Kong LOL I wonder if there is a cute blonde involved in the plot somewhere...hmmmmm

and you are referring to the man who called in with the Portugal werewolf story. I disagree. Sounds just like dyer.

especially when he exaggerates a word...

compare these two:

http://www.blogtalkr...-news-and-views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFrS286nahM

( skip to 2:18:04 )---> this is where his real voice is strongest

No I am a Brit and I still can tell this isnt RD. The guy talking doesnt have that certain very confident and slightly dry droll LOL

Guest miller44

@ Skyla,

There are similarities, but the werewolf guy has a quicker more fluid speaking style ,to me anyway...

: )

That's about how I hear it also. Sounds like RD, almost exactly, but talks like RD, not really.

Especially the continual use of some words. For example "fellow" ~ I have never heard RD say that word as far as I can remember, and it's key in werewolf-boy's vocab.