Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Why hasn't anyone come forward and said this is all bologna? Why would minnow films want to stop the momentum of excitement that has kept their film in the spotlight these past few weeks. As for anyone else involved, it is all speculation.....because the only person giving out specifics is none other than RD himself.

I am very surprised that nobody has mentioned anything about the other people in the movie. The movie is supposed to have other bigfoot researchers in it so I wonder who they are. It's strange that nobody has leaked that and it must be hard for them to keep quite after everything Dyer is saying.

I don't know if there are other bigfoot researchers....My understanding is there is an array of different "mythical creatures" being hunted by men obsessed with proving their are in fact a reality. I have no idea what the other creatures are, but one can speculate.

I'd be very curious to see who the other BF researchers are as well. Hopefully it's not The Bigfoot Hunter: Still Searching fellow. He's not about to help the image at all.

I am pretty sure he was talking about Minnow filming it before the dead Bigfoot came into the picture, maybe not after..at that point he may have only said the Film Company. This could be viewed in different ways.

Btw, Rick is making his own documentary called about 2013 ; year of the Bigfoot according to his own co. Lion films.

Jacki may be able to tell you if she got any confirmation about Dyer being in the film from th receptionist she talked to at Minnow films.

Minnow films was mentioned numerously by RD, Crypto Crew, and others sites when the original story emerged. Now they are talked of as the film crew. IF Minnow never had anything to do with this story, then i do think they would have come forward and said so by now.

In production

Of Monsters and Men

(working title) bbc.gifbnr_storyville.gif

Minnow Films for BBC

A fascinating and touching portrait of men who are obsessed with monsters and their adventures to find them.

Why hasn't anyone come forward and said this is all bologna? Why would minnow films want to stop the momentum of excitement that has kept their film in the spotlight these past few weeks. As for anyone else involved, it is all speculation.....because the only person giving out specifics is none other than RD himself.

Well thats what I was saying earlier - no one has come out to say that its all balony and why not? If RD has said that there was a film crew and other people there at the shooting, then why havent those people come forward and said 'no we werent'?

I am simply posting the article - because I really don't want to give Dyer any more hits than he already gets... If mods ask me to - then I will.

First note that the photo is not of Derek Randalls, but of Tim Stover. Dyer did change this- only after it was brought to his attention. This is funny because Rick Dyer claimed to be a good friend of Dereks - yet he didn't even know what Derek looked like. Top notch investigative skills.. LOL.

Read his comment in the second paragraph:

"These are people that support you but don't want anyone to know about it."

Why would he even care if Derek or anyone else publicly supports him - UNLESS that public support is what he is fishing for.. If he doesn't get that support from someone he thinks holds credibility - Derek Randalls - then what is he going to do? There is no doubt in my mind that Dyer thinks the more support he can get within this community - the more money this film will make - because lets face it this community was on fire during the 2008 Hoax. That story would never have made CNN - if it had not created such a sensation within the community itself. The 2008 hoax was being discussed in the media before the CNN news conference. Why? Because Dyer and Whitten had the support and backing of who they thought was a big figure in this community - Tom Biscardi. Dyer's story is not getting this kind of support now..

Ask yourself this. IF the opinion of the community is not important to the success of this film - why in the world would Dyer even care to try and sell it. The film will speak for itself. Don't ya think?

My guess - Dyer is angry with Derek for not publicly supporting him. Dyer needs this support. Derek won't give it without proof on Dyers part. Dyer either can't or won't provide Derek with the proof he wants -- or both. So, now Dyer is angry.... This isn't a stretch.

To be quiet honest - if Dyer is dissing you - I think your credibility in this community should rise immediately :) LOL.

rickdyerisstupid.jpg

I am very surprised that nobody has mentioned anything about the other people in the movie. The movie is supposed to have other bigfoot researchers in it so I wonder who they are. It's strange that nobody has leaked that and it must be hard for them to keep quite after everything Dyer is saying.

Thats a good point JRid. Maybe they too have signed NDA's.....hehe

In production

Of Monsters and Men

(working title) bbc.gifbnr_storyville.gif

Minnow Films for BBC

A fascinating and touching portrait of men who are obsessed with monsters and their adventures to find them.

Note: Working Title. Note: ..'their adventures to find them'. Note: no mention of hoaxes Note: Fascinating and touching NOT Scandalous and sensational Edited by JackiLB

The BFI was set up to help British film/documentary makers. They want British films to be successful because of the revenues it generates and how it helps the economy and the kudos British films get worldwide if they are successful. Successful films mean more films/documentaries being made and it goes on. They don't say "We want you to make some money with your film, but not too much".

Minnow make "sensitive and intelligent" films, with a focus on the human element to a story. Do you think they went to the BFI to say they would make a film that ridiculed people? For me, no they wouldn't.

To me, it makes absolute sense that they are making a film that shows Rick Dyer in a sympathetic way - but clearly as someone who is obsessed.

Lee

I don't know if there are other bigfoot researchers....My understanding is there is an array of different "mythical creatures" being hunted by men obsessed with proving their are in fact a reality. I have no idea what the other creatures are, but one can speculate.

Good point. You could be right about that and that would explain why nobody in the bigfoot world knows any of the other researchers.

Note: Working Title. Note: ..'their adventures to find them'. Note: no mention of hoaxes Note: Fascinating and touching NOT Scandalous and sensational

You got it. A man obsessed with hoaxing the bigfoot community and his descent into psychological meltdown trying to do it is both fascinating and touching.

I'm not sure how seeing someone shoot a defenceless creature in cold blood, one that could be our closest relative, would be touching. Fascinating? Maybe to bloodthirsty ghouls.

Edited by dopelyrics

I'm sorry but RD in a sensitive way? There are articles that comment on his arrest record for aggravated assault on a pregnant woman, his various fraudulent business endeavors, his previous record of BF hoaxing, etc. I just don't see him in a sympathetic, Quixotic light tilting at BF windmills. He seems more like a..well something I probably can't say on this board... There are plenty of others who do fit the Quixotic mold that they could have chosen to involve in their film.

Guest VioletX

The BFI was set up to help British film/documentary makers. They want British films to be successful because of the revenues it generates and how it helps the economy and the kudos British films get worldwide if they are successful. Successful films mean more films/documentaries being made and it goes on. They don't say "We want you to make some money with your film, but not too much".

Minnow make "sensitive and intelligent" films, with a focus on the human element to a story. Do you think they went to the BFI to say they would make a film that ridiculed people? For me, no they wouldn't.

To me, it makes absolute sense that they are making a film that shows Rick Dyer in a sympathetic way - but clearly as someone who is obsessed.

Lee

True, but to me if there is no Bigfoot in this film, it takes the punchline out of it. They are not being coy about it or teasing us about anything, no suggestive promos, just relying on Dyer to reel us in.

Pretty unsuccessfully at that, since no one believes him.

Why do that, why not milk Dyers tent video by putting out there own teaser.

It just does not make sense, on one hand we say that are saying nothing to entice us, but they would entice us more if they said even a little something,lol.

Maybe they don't have to, maybe they've got the goods.

You know, Dyer could also think he has this film company hood winked.. Dyer thinks everyone believes what he says - then gets angry when they don't. These film companies are notorious for selling you one thing - but then you see something different when it hits public view.

Documentaries can also have a lot of narration - and their own opinion. So, IF this film ever happens - I will be very interested in what they have to say.. Never know - they may actually expose Rick Dyer as a hoaxer for the world to see.

"Mr. Dyer thought he would convince us this was the body of a dead bigfoot. Our crew on the other hand was not as convinced."

You just never know.