Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

JackiLB - they are a commercial set-up. They make money. Documentaries can make millions - think of the rights for a world-wide sale. Look at the Discovery Channel, as one example.

Lee

So why were they given a large award from the BFI? Do you think the BFI will want the money back?

I have to say I really do not understand the appetite for deceit in the BF world. Swallow one story that turns out to be a hoax and your mouth is wide open waiting for the next one..blech, tastes like hoax! Open wide, OK!...blech, hoaxy tasting again! Over and over again this happens. It's a bit mind boggling. So RD is NOW seriously looking for BF? He doesn't want to be in the spotlight again unless, THIS TIME, it's real? Give me a break. And when he turns out to be a lying wind bag AGAIN, will that prevent people from believing him two years from now when he tries it again? Please people...

I love this gem, From Atlanta channel 2 TV August 2008

To quote Rick Dyer's parter Matt Littonabout the hoax: “I do not feel it affects my credibility at all, It is bigfoot if it was something else that was tangible or real, but right now, as far as I’m concerned there is no real bigfootâ€

Dyers commnent: "It was big joke, Bigfoot don't exist"

Nooooooooooooo...............not another youtube badboy RD clip......AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Iam caught in a bad nightmare of last night and a few nights ago and a few nights before that its like a stuck record of horrible YouTube clips AHHHHHHH

I have to say I really do not understand the appetite for deceit in the BF world.

Just because RD has suckered in a few naive folks, I would not call that the entire BF world.

So why were they given a large award from the BFI? Do you think the BFI will want the money back?

Because they are making a documentary.

Why would they want their money back?

Unless Minnow went to the BFI before they got the grant, cap in hand, and said "We need £250k to make a film about a known hoaxer who swears this time he can actually get a Bigfoot body. And if we don't get that footage of him killing it in cold blood, we'll give you the money back. No quibble".

I'm trying, but I can't quite get where you are coming from on this - the BFI angle I mean. I understand you might think this whole thing is real, and that is fair enough, I appreciate your view even if I disagree with it.

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Guest VioletX

OK, I don't know the answer here, but has Rick Dyer ever publicly said "On the day I shot and killed Bigfoot, Minnow Films of London were there and they documented it. Joe Bloggs was the Producer, Ears McGears was the sound man".? Now if he did say that, or similar, I might understand Minnow making some kind of comment about whether they were there or not. Or they might give the dreaded "We can neither confirm or deny" sketch. But if he is being evasive and has not named them as being there, why would they step forward to say they weren't?

Thanks.

Lee

He has said that we would recognize someone in the film, the documentary maker(?), by voice alone...but has not mentioned anyone by name. He has said that t was Minnow films that filmed this.

As for Derek Randles, what I was getting was that he thinks it is hypocritical of Derek Randles to support, if not outwardly, but to support the evidence from Justin Smeja, but not to be out in his support for Rick.

That is my guess.

Well all he needs to do is have someone credible view the body, so if he is not worried about doing that immediately he can make everyone twist in the wind.

I have to say I really do not understand the appetite for deceit in the BF world. Swallow one story that turns out to be a hoax and your mouth is wide open waiting for the next one..blech, tastes like hoax! Open wide, OK!...blech, hoaxy tasting again! Over and over again this happens. It's a bit mind boggling. So RD is NOW seriously looking for BF? He doesn't want to be in the spotlight again unless, THIS TIME, it's real? Give me a break. And when he turns out to be a lying wind bag AGAIN, will that prevent people from believing him two years from now when he tries it again? Please people...

Sadly Dmaker there is deceit everywhere in life not just in the BF world. We have to wade through piles of it every day of our lives just to try and find something truthful and real. And if we didnt try and sift it through, we would end up not bothering to do anything with our lives and not trusting anyone. If I believe something to be true I will strive to find that proof. If I fail, then I will turn my efforts somewhere else and try again.

He has said that we would recognize someone in the film, the documentary maker(?), by voice alone...but has not mentioned anyone by name. He has said that t was Minnow films that filmed this.

Sorry, please could you elaborate on this. So he HAS explicitly said that Minnow were the film company that documented him killing this Bigfoot?

Thanks.

Lee

Just because RD has suckered in a few naive folks, I would not call that the entire BF world.

Fair enough, point taken. I apologize if it looked like I meant everyone in the BF world. I meant within the BF world, not the entire BF world. I am sure there are many here that wouldn't throw RD bucket of water if he yelled fire.

Guest VioletX

Sorry, please could you elaborate on this. So he HAS explicitly said that Minnow were the film company that documented him killing this Bigfoot?

Thanks.

Lee

I am pretty sure he was talking about Minnow filming it before the dead Bigfoot came into the picture, maybe not after..at that point he may have only said the Film Company. This could be viewed in different ways.

Btw, Rick is making his own documentary called about 2013 ; year of the Bigfoot according to his own co. Lion films.

Jacki may be able to tell you if she got any confirmation about Dyer being in the film from th receptionist she talked to at Minnow films.

Guest VioletX

Yes, as far as I can see it is only Jacki and I that are the "naive folks".

The rest of you guys reading and responding to the thread must just be bored, glad we can entertain you.

Edited by VioletX

Because they are making a documentary.

Why would they want their money back?

Unless Minnow went to the BFI before they got the grant, cap in hand, and said "We need £250k to make a film about a known hoaxer who swears this time he can actually get a Bigfoot body. And if we don't get that footage of him killing it in cold blood, we'll give you the money back. No quibble".

I'm trying, but I can't quite get where you are coming from on this - the BFI angle I mean. I understand you might think this whole thing is real, and that is fair enough, I appreciate your view even if I disagree with it.

Lee

If a film company was awarded a large amount of dosh from an arts institute, I really dont think that that film company would go about deliberately creating a film that had the potential to making loads of money. That wouldnt be their intention would it? If that was their main aim, then they wouldnt be given awards from arts bodies in the first place would they? I am an artist, if I wanted to apply for an arts grant I would have to go through quite a rigorous process of vetting in order to be awarded the grant. My aim would be that what I created was cutting edge and interesting and that would be what the arts funders would look for. I would not be awarded the grant if I went to them and said, 'look, I have an idea that will make a lot of money and it will entail ridiculing a particular community of people, but who cares because it is a winner'? I would not get anywhere with that intent?