So If Bigfoot Is A Hybrid, What Happened To The Original Species?

Guest craichead

Guest craichead

Something I've been thinking about:

If Bigfoot is a hybrid species, what happened to the original species that once mated with a human?

Were they supplanted by the new hybrid species or are they out there lurking somewhere as well?

Guest craichead

Could be and it could be also that the hybrids are less wary of humans and that's why all the samples are hybrids. but of course that's all just speculation.

Guest truetalk

why do they have to be hybrids? maybe there are the original species that never died out. im sure they have evolved over time but im not really certain what you mean by hybrids.

Guest BastetsCat

I would think that if they started to breed eventually they would all be the hybrids; eventually. Hypothetically if they continued to breed with the limited numbers of them versus us then eventually they would be.....US.

Just the idea makes me do the heebie Jeebie dance.

Since the hybrids were half human they may have been more attractive mates(especially the females), thus slowly eliminating the full blooded species.

Edited by clownboy
  • Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

One of the sample submitters, Scott Carpenter, encountered something different from a bigfoot. He said he won't talk about it until the current study is finished though...

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest truetalk

im of the opinion that they are the originals just evolved over time like anything else. we are a combination of them and something else.

One of the sample submitters, Scott Carpenter, encountered something different from a bigfoot. He said he won't talk about it until the current study is finished though...

IIRC, the "others" he's seen have had more canine features, ala the fabled "dogmen" of story and song...

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest BFSleuth

The sasquatch of today are just as much "hybrids" as homo sapiens sapiens are "hybrids". HSS overwhelmingly bred within our own species with rare interbreeding events in our history, so that we have 2-8% of our current DNA represented by other hominid species such as Neanderthal, Denisovan, and "unknown X" in Africa. I would think sasquatch of today would be overwhelmingly sasquatch, not a hybrid anywhere near the 50/50 from the first generation of the interbreeding event.

Therefore nothing "happened" with the original sasquatch species other than to mix in a small amount of genes from HSS.

Guest poignant

It would help if people understood that this is not just ONE hybridization event, but rather that there were multiple copulations with multiple individuals of both the undocumented progenitors and Hss with fairly significant frequency - sufficient to generate a population with enough distinction and independence to migrate and continue to reproduce in niches spreading east and northwards.

Edited by poignant
  • Upvote 1

One of the sample submitters, Scott Carpenter, encountered something different from a bigfoot. He said he won't talk about it until the current study is finished though..

Scott's website says he has also encountered dogmen in his area. Probably that. (Dang, that means THEY are real too, and I'd rather they NOT be).

Guest Scout1959

The sasquatch of today are just as much "hybrids" as homo sapiens sapiens are "hybrids". HSS overwhelmingly bred within our own species with rare interbreeding events in our history, so that we have 2-8% of our current DNA represented by other hominid species such as Neanderthal, Denisovan, and "unknown X" in Africa. I would think sasquatch of today would be overwhelmingly sasquatch, not a hybrid anywhere near the 50/50 from the first generation of the interbreeding event.

Therefore nothing "happened" with the original sasquatch species other than to mix in a small amount of genes from HSS.

Correct, they're not really hybrids at all. Pretty much any if not all HSS nDNA has likely been bred out of the species many, many, many generations ago.

It would help if people understood that this is not just ONE hybridization event, but rather that there were multiple copulations with multiple individuals of both the undocumented progenitors and Hss with fairly significant frequency - sufficient to generate a population with enough distinction and independence to migrate and continue to reproduce in niches spreading east and northwards.

I don't think it has to be multiple incidents at all. The more human females you throw into the fray the more likely you would have other mtDNA showing up and at this time it sounds like all of the sames had the same mtDNA. It would seem very unlikely if that's the case that human / BF mating was widespread. Perhaps in only one isolated region or more likely imho just one mating or mating couple.

I'm copying and pasting a post I made in the Ketchum thread about this...

Many keep speaking of Sasquatch raping human women and some speak of Sasquatch as if it is the result of one lone birth, but to me the likely explanation would be a group of the "unknown" in the equation that cohabitated with a group of modern humans. I don't see this "unknown" as having to be some sort of horrid beast. True they would be very different looking from us, but that doesn't mean they would have to rape human females or would have been seen as a threat by humans.

It also seems to me there could be male humans who also mated with females from the "unknown" group and am I correct that females resulting from those couplings would carry the "unknown" group's necessary DNA?

And if this was happening, mass cohabiting and interbreeding that is, and the offspring were not "shunned", and especially if these groups were remote from other humans and/or shunned by other human groups, eventually the interbreeding would result in a group that did not resemble humans or the original "unknowns" and had became what we know as Sasquatch.

This is just a theory, or more of a "wild guess". Shoot holes in it or whatever. I don't know enough about DNA to know if DNA would support that happening. If not, hopefully someone will explain how and I can put that one to rest.