So If Bigfoot Is A Hybrid, What Happened To The Original Species?

Guest craichead

Guest JiggyPotamus

I would say that they are not lurking around anywhere out there. The same thing that happened to man's known ancestors, the pre-humans, likely happened to whatever spawned whatever sasquatch are. And what was it that happened to them you ask? Well, they died. How do I know that? Because that was like millions of years ago, and no one can live that long! Haha. I just failed hardcore. Seriously though, there is some truth in what I said.

Guest poignant

I don't think it has to be multiple incidents at all. The more human females you throw into the fray the more likely you would have other mtDNA showing up and at this time it sounds like all of the sames had the same mtDNA. It would seem very unlikely if that's the case that human / BF mating was widespread. Perhaps in only one isolated region or more likely imho just one mating or mating couple.

The mtDNA of the north american samples would indicate (probably by haplogroup) that the north american bigfoots descended from a line of bigfoot mothers traceable back to the first mating between progenitor and Hss female.

This does not negate the possibility that multiple matings occured (i.e. many progenitor x Hss offspring), which proceeded to procreate and form their own species.

• Upvote 1

Guest BastetsCat

First; here is a fact. After the second Generation of producing offspring as a hybrid then it is a species. It is no longer a hybrid.

Guest BastetsCat

That must be the legendary Chubacabra...JK. After two sucessful generations it is no longer a Hybrid of wolf and Coyote...it is a new species of Canine.

Same as the Polar Bear breeding with Grizzlie Bears....new species after the second successful generation.

According to stories like the one of the guy from Tibet (I think) where his mother said thatshe was abducted and impregnated by Yeti's. this breeding is still happening.

The story of the one female that was caught and used by the village men for sex, and had many babies. Many of which she killed by washing in the cold stream or something. Supposedly some of her children lived and they are very BF looking in characteristicbut are mostly human.

Don't discount the Native American Legends of them stealing women. That is in the last couple of hundred years.

If the two documented stories that we have all heard about are true then they are very close to being mostly human, or human enough to be US in a few more generations....even if only in a few locations around the world.

Guest truetalk

amagine a male bigfoot mating with a human woman, wow talk about being streched out i couldnt amagine the size of the bigfoots....

unfortunately the original bigfoot caught a deadly case of the herpes from the human mother and it wiped out the entire species, that's why only the hybrids are left.

Guest Scout1959

amagine a male bigfoot mating with a human woman, wow talk about being streched out i couldnt amagine the size of the bigfoots....

But aren't gorillas supposed to have a small package? Size isn't always directly in proportion.

That isn't a confession is it? :spiteful:

==================================

Wow, no paper, no analysis and VOILA, people jump to conclusions over NOTHING!!!!

I want to preface my comment by saying that I am speaking in general terms, and I'm not here to criticize Melba Ketchum.

It's somewhat discouraging to see the widespread acceptance of a simple press release as "the facts". People are getting massively wrapped up, and emotionally invested in dissecting or defending these ideas, when there has been no actual evidence released yet. If her work turns out to be credible, without error, in accordance with all accepted scientific protocols, and she is correct...GREAT! It will be a massive step forward in human discovery. Now imagine a scenario where she has not only made errors, or filled in a few blanks with her own educated guesses, but a scenario where she turns out to be the equivalent of Tom Biscardi in a lab coat. (I'm not saying this is the case, but stay with me here.) There are still going to be a lot of folks who continue to tout the subject matter of the press release as FACTS forever. Maybe to the point where conspiracy theories will develop about how the illuminati used the "scientific establishment" to discredit her.

A lot of people are simply going to continue to argue whatever it is that they want the facts to be, or what they wish to be true.

Every day I spend here I see what amounts to hearsay, folklore, urban legend, supposition, hunches, and what is likely just plain fabricated nonsense......all presented as facts. Much of this isn’t actually based on peoples own personal observations, but instead something they heard or read. Even if it was based on a person’s single observation, it’s not hard to misinterpret perceived evidence sometimes. There are probably a dozen different theories about every single facet of these animals origins, physiology, behaviors, etc. People get into heated feuds about it. Some of these ideas may prove to be correct, but simply adhering to the most basic type of analytical objectivity should tell us that many of these ideas are probably not true. We know little to nothing about these animals. The only people that can even be truly positive that they exist, are the people who are of sound mental and physical condition, who have had very clear visual encounters. The unfortunate truth about humans is that sometimes we cannot even trust our perceptions, our own senses, or especially our memories. On top of that, I've got news for (some of ) you. There is a fairly certain statistical probability that there are regular posters on BF forums and blogs with fascinating tales of fantastic encounters.....that have never even been within 200 miles of a Sasquatch. Maybe they believe it themselves, maybe they seek the attention, or to escape from the monotony of their situations, but you have to know there is probably a lot of bullpoop being dished out. There are probably also the most sincere and sane people who truly believe they had an encounter, that actually unknowingly exchanged "calls" or woodknocks, with another Bigfooter.

The reality is we actually know very little. Why get angry defending an idea that may not even be true? Some folks will let themselves get emotionally involved enough to behave maliciously to the point of obsession. I’m new to the “enthusiast†aspect of the phenomenon, and I’ve already seen folks hell-bent on wreaking all manner of havoc in other people’s personal lives, people they’ve never even met. This is letting emotion override objectivity.

If we truly want to unravel the enigmatic puzzle, we are doing ourselves the greatest disservice by letting our emotions interfere with well grounded objectivity. Scientists and most laypersons alike are going to be skeptical of anyone claiming what Ketchum has claimed. Instead of getting angry about it consider whether your emotions are overriding your healthy skeptical objectivity. If you aren't 100% sure of the facts, based on solid evidence, why get upset? When the evidence comes out, it will speak for itself. In the mean time the greatest thing we can do (in general terms, not specifically directed at Ketchum) is to condemn hoaxers, be careful not to proclaim unproven theories as facts, and to strive to adhere to skeptical objectivity and the protocols of the scientific method.

Edited by Irish73

Guest BFSleuth

+1 Irish

It does seem that there is a rush to prejudgement of Dr. Ketchum's paper and of Dr. Ketchum herself in advance of actually being able to read the paper. Rumors abound. Kudos to those that directly contact those "in the know" to get the reality of what is going on, to those that are patient enough to let the process take its course without ranting, and especially to those that put in the man-hours of field work to collect the specimens for the study.

The reality is we actually know very little. Why get angry defending an idea that may not even be true? Some folks will let themselves get emotionally involved enough to behave maliciously to the point of obsession. I’m new to the “enthusiast†aspect of the phenomenon, and I’ve already seen folks hell-bent on wreaking all manner of havoc in other people’s personal lives, people they’ve never even met. This is letting emotion override objectivity.

If we truly want to unravel the enigmatic puzzle, we are doing ourselves the greatest disservice by letting our emotions interfere with well grounded objectivity. Scientists and most laypersons alike are going to be skeptical of anyone claiming what Ketchum has claimed. Instead of getting angry about it consider whether your emotions are overriding your healthy skeptical objectivity. If you aren't 100% sure of the facts, based on solid evidence, why get upset? When the evidence comes out, it will speak for itself. In the mean time the greatest thing we can do (in general terms, not specifically directed at Ketchum) is to condemn hoaxers, be careful not to proclaim unproven theories as facts, and to strive to adhere to skeptical objectivity and the protocols of the scientific method.

There must have been some posts removed from this thread because I don't see where anyone has gotten angry.

Plus, there is a "IF" in the thread title, which I think makes it clear this is all speculation.