The Kill Club

norseman

SSR Team

I'm not an outdoorsman in any way, but from the reports I've read over the years, trying to track them would seem like a huge waste of time. ?

Parkie do you mean just tracking them in general ?

If so I'd agree.

It's never been done, never with the results that anyone has been looking for anyway.

I have no idea why it hasn't it been but I suspect a lot of it is to do with time and $$ like so many things, which is understandable.

But I also don't believe that tracking these things in any type of season is something that is going to work. There are trackers interested and involved int his subject all across the North American continent, some of which are very experienced, and they haven't got close in years of trying, in any season.

I don't personally think a great ape, be it one with far higher intelligence than Gorilla's Chimps etc, is going to go virtually undetected in a North America, at the size that they are by 400m people, if they could be tracked easily by humans.

Humans have a tendency and an arrogance to believe that they are top of the tree everywhere in every environment, but we're not.

We might be in the environments that we've created like cities, but we aren't in the water nor are we in the wildest areas of the planet, and I include the PNW in that.

In a forested environment, a Sasquatch is top of the tree, a Sasquatch is the master of its own environment not a human being and to think that human beings can track Sasquatches is way off.

For proof of that you only have to look back at the last 50 years, look at each and every research group currently and their "field notes" all of which are absolutely nowhere near finding their quarry, nowhere near.

I don't know what we are dealing with where this subject is concerned but I know what we are not dealing with, and we are not dealing with just another animal that like every other, that we can dominate.

If you try and go head to head with this thing and start trying to track it etc then we are just going around in circles doing the same thing that everybody else is doing and you won't even get a sniff of one let alone get a shot away.

And I say that as time and time and time and time again that is what people do and continually fail to reach their goal when doing.

Of course if people want to get out in the forest and think that they're tracking a Sasquatch that's cool, but they're not going to win and they're not going to achieve the objective, make no mistake about that.

This animal is the ultimate conundrum, you gotta be really, really switched on with this thing and I dare say you might at times have to leave what we believe to be "the right way to do things" behind because what we deem is the right way to do things simply is not working with this subject.

Parkie do you mean just tracking them in general ?

If so I'd agree.

It's never been done, never with the results that anyone has been looking for anyway.

I have no idea why it hasn't it been but I suspect a lot of it is to do with time and $$ like so many things, which is understandable.

But I also don't believe that tracking these things in any type of season is something that is going to work. There are trackers interested and involved int his subject all across the North American continent, some of which are very experienced, and they haven't got close in years of trying, in any season.

I don't personally think a great ape, be it one with far higher intelligence than Gorilla's Chimps etc, is going to go virtually undetected in a North America, at the size that they are by 400m people, if they could be tracked easily by humans.

Humans have a tendency and an arrogance to believe that they are top of the tree everywhere in every environment, but we're not.

We might be in the environments that we've created like cities, but we aren't in the water nor are we in the wildest areas of the planet, and I include the PNW in that.

In a forested environment, a Sasquatch is top of the tree, a Sasquatch is the master of its own environment not a human being and to think that human beings can track Sasquatches is way off.

For proof of that you only have to look back at the last 50 years, look at each and every research group currently and their "field notes" all of which are absolutely nowhere near finding their quarry, nowhere near.

I don't know what we are dealing with where this subject is concerned but I know what we are not dealing with, and we are not dealing with just another animal that like every other, that we can dominate.

If you try and go head to head with this thing and start trying to track it etc then we are just going around in circles doing the same thing that everybody else is doing and you won't even get a sniff of one let alone get a shot away.

And I say that as time and time and time and time again that is what people do and continually fail to reach their goal when doing.

Of course if people want to get out in the forest and think that they're tracking a Sasquatch that's cool, but they're not going to win and they're not going to achieve the objective, make no mistake about that.

This animal is the ultimate conundrum, you gotta be really, really switched on with this thing and I dare say you might at times have to leave what we believe to be "the right way to do things" behind because what we deem is the right way to do things simply is not working with this subject.

As people have pointed out to me when I defend the NAWAC? Attempting to habituate them with a camp like setting hasn't worked either in providing us with proof. (Hence the reason people started attacking the NAWAC and questioning the veracity of their claims)

Tracks are tracks, it's the closest you will ever come to the animal without actually seeing it. It's what a hunter looks for............ tracks and scat. And that's why hunters pray for snow in fall, is so that it's easy to track an animal, as well as it is easy to differentiate between different species and sexes.

How did the PGF get filmed? They were following up on reports of lots of tracks in a area.

If your finding tracks you could follow them, or you could plunk down and attempt to call one in, or you could set up a camp and attempt to lure one in. The tracks are simply a good sign that your quarry is in a area. And the tactics you could employ from that find are endless.

I think we are premature to throw out anything. And we can only hope to act on the different scenarios when and if they present them self.

SSR Team

Absolutely, different scenarios need different tactics.

I can't talk about NAWAC as I don't know the ins and outs so it would be unfair.

But like anything in life, I'd always have more belief in myself and other people I choose to surround myself with than others people doing the same thing..;)

Yes I did mean tracking them in general I suppose. I have read numerous reports of their phenomenonal speed and physicality far beyond the human range, so trying to track them faster than they can flee seems pointless to me. 

Of course seeing fresh prints would confirm they are in the area and that would be a start, but basing yourself where there are continuous reports as the NAWAC did would seem the best approach. They haven't succeeded yet but appear to have come mighty close, a bullet ricocheting just off target. Getting the target out in the open would seem to be one of the major challenges, that's why I always think of this topic whenever I read of them directly outside campers tents, surely shooting from the tent makes sense, if visual confirmation can be attained.

Obviously though my understanding of all this is not based on direct field experience so I bow to Norseman in that regard. If he says that things that I think are possible are not, and vice versa, then I accept that.

What Iam saying is that in winter two things happen.

Tracking becomes easy.

Movement for humans becomes easier with the aid of vehicles.

Yes, I understand.

But do bigfoot become slower?! Even with the aid of snow and easier tracking surely their physical capabilities still far outstrip you and your machines? 

From my understanding based on reports of them, the winter conditions would still not swing enough percentage points in your favour in order that you could "chase one down".

If I'm wrong, great. Just doesn't seem feasible! 

Edited by the parkie

BFF Patron

Perhaps you should consider letting them chase you down? There are several BFRO reports in some areas where BF chase people out of the woods who are driving ATVs. Are some of them like a dog that cannot resist chasing cars? I have a two wheel ATV that a neighborhood dog cannot resist chasing.

^^^^^^^

If that where the case my life would become waaaaay easier..... Never had anything ever chase my atv or pickup or horse/mule. But I've chased a bull moose a few times for a short distance.

Yes, I understand.

But do bigfoot become slower?! Even with the aid of snow and easier tracking surely their physical capabilities still far outstrip you and your machines? 

From my understanding based on reports of them, the winter conditions would still not swing enough percentage points in your favour in order that you could "chase one down".

If I'm wrong, great. Just doesn't seem feasible! 

Every animal becomes slower in winter.

Why do you feel that Sasquatch is such a speed demon? Patty doesn't look like a speed demon to me, nor did the memorial day footage comparison show that the Sasquatch was faster than a human running along a hill side. Put it this way, winter time is the time to hunt Cougar. We go out and cut track and put hounds on the track. If we can we will shoot an azimuth and if we can take a road to cut the distance if the track crosses again. Snowmobiles and dogs can catch and tree Cougar with no problem in the NW. So what makes a 800 lbs Ape faster than a Cougar?

Boiled down to brass tacks? IF...........IF I cut a set of Sasquatch tracks? I'm gonna follow them..........because it would eat my brain if I didn't. Maybe when I do this, I'll then understand why it's impossible to track a Sasquatch because of X,Y or Z.

At this stage of the game I absolutely do not understand why you couldn't track ANYTHING in snow........ Including humans. Again your only enemy is more snow, if a foot of new snow falls on your track way? Game over.

Why do I feel that Sasquatch is such a speed demon? Because I have read numerous reports of their speed, agility and physicality far beyond the human range. However, thinking about it I'm not sure if many, if any, were reports from the winter or in deep snow (let alone whether they are true or accurate), so as I've said before you are the one with the field experience and I am sadly ignorant on that score so hopefully you are correct. Good luck my friend!

On another note, what sort of personal limitations do hunting in temperatures in the single digit F bring? I've never experienced weather that cold (I'm in the UK) and it's hard to comprehend being out in temperatures colder than my freezer.

As a solo hunter there are lots of animals that are faster, stronger, bigger and more accustomed to their environment than humans. That does not mean humans cannot successfully hunt them.

Whitetail deer can be extremely difficult to hunt until the hunter learns strategies to do it successfully and repeatedly.

We are still in the learning stages. Once we figure him out, we will be able to take a species sample and hopefully be able to locate and study them in the wild.

By the way, for those that are premium members, Hairy Man's (Kathy Strain) description of an encounter at Area X as detailed on the first page of the thread in the Bigfoot discussion area in the premium section, details the beyond human agility and speed as the creatures ascended a slope. I don't think I can quote it here as I think it's against the rules.

Why do I feel that Sasquatch is such a speed demon? Because I have read numerous reports of their speed, agility and physicality far beyond the human range. However, thinking about it I'm not sure if many, if any, were reports from the winter or in deep snow (let alone whether they are true or accurate), so as I've said before you are the one with the field experience and I am sadly ignorant on that score so hopefully you are correct. Good luck my friend!

On another note, what sort of personal limitations do hunting in temperatures in the single digit F bring? I've never experienced weather that cold (I'm in the UK) and it's hard to comprehend being out in temperatures colder than my freezer.

It's just a part of life. We went to the apple cup on Saturday. (WSU vs. UW football game) it was outdoors and it was 10 degrees f. Everybody from babies to the elderly were at that game.

Just talked to my buddies back in N Dakota it was 18 below.

People work and do outdoor activities all the time. Bundle up and stay active!!!

You need to go on vaca to Norway;)

I do, it just doesn't get that cold here! Everyone is a product of their environment I guess.

Norway appeals but it's way down my bucket list.

Edited by the parkie

I do, it just doesn't get that cold here! Everyone is a product of their environment I guess.

Norway appeals but it's way down my bucket list.

It seems odd to me that a place that is north of me can be so mild.

I guess it's cuz of the gulf stream.

I live about 250 miles from Rogers Pass.

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/coldest.php

If you come Grendel hunting with me, maybe you can find a meat locker to hang out in first ;)

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic