The Kill Club

norseman

Yes, it does seem odd, but as you say it is down to the Gulf Stream effect. We have had the hottest year on record so far in the UK, for example it was 75F on Halloween. I was going to wear my mankini for trick or treating, but I think that would have been just a bit too scary...

Incidentally, in the UK we use F when it's warm and C when it's cold. That is also odd and I don't really know why. My best guess is that generally Brits can be a bit obsessed by weather and so are probably looking for extremes. So when it's hot we prefer 75F to 25C, sounding hotter as its a higher number, but when cold we prefer 0C to 32F as it sounds colder being a lower number.

This means that I lazily miscalculated what the temp in C was when you quoted 10F earlier and thought it was colder than -12C which is the measurement us Brits prefer. For some reason I thought it was around -30C which is why I originally asked you about it. D'oh!

For context though, in the UK anything below 0C / 32F is generally considered very cold by most.

By the way, I would love to come hunting with you but unfortunately I don't think it could happen any time soon. But I will contact my butcher to ask about hanging around in his cold room for early preparation. I'm sure he won't consider me odd whatsoever, unless I actually don the mankini this time.

Sorry for the off topic derail, maybe I should start a weather / mankini thread.

Edited by the parkie

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone is a product of their environment I guess.

I concur. I did some squatching last year in east Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana. It wasn't even summer (May) yet the heat and the oppressive (to me) weather in the swamps down that way was too much for me and I didn't find it enjoyable. It just sapped my energy most days. I was just not used to it. Glad I saw the Boggy Creek area though and wouldn't have missed the experience. My next venture would most certainly be the cooler Pacific Nothwest.

Got a 400 lumen stream light for my guide gun.

And wanted to share my "wall".

Gotta stay motivated!

Guess you need to click on the photo to see the whole thing.

post-735-0-51509800-1418926665_thumb.jpg

post-735-0-23866700-1418926683_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
BFF Patron

Speaking of guns I saw a whale tissue sampling gun in a Whale Exhibit in the Colorado Science Museum in Denver yesterday. It shot a dart that collected tissue samples from whales that dropped out for retrieval. By looking at the DNA they could identify the specific whales. Of course I thought of BF. The manufacturer was in New Zealand.

If your dead set against shooting one? That only leaves DNA samples. A dart that you can shoot at something makes sense.

^^^

Hmmm. Shoot dart at large hairy ape.  Hit large hairy ape with sharp pointy dart propelled by compressed air.  Annoy large hairy ape - exactly where is the "retrieval" happening after the dart drops out while the large hairy ape is using your skull for the bongos? :D

^^^

Hmmm. Shoot dart at large hairy ape.  Hit large hairy ape with sharp pointy dart propelled by compressed air.  Annoy large hairy ape - exactly where is the "retrieval" happening after the dart drops out while the large hairy ape is using your skull for the bongos? :D

I was thinking the same thing. What if large hairy ape doesn't run but instead turns around after having it's ass poked with pointy dart??? I would think you'd need a second person standing by with an elephant gun just in case.

^^^

What can I say? It sucks to be anti kill! ;)

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic