Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

Guest Tyler H

Perhaps patent pending?!

THis is all possible, but it seemed Melba was shooting straight with me when she dismissed primers as being the reason. People in her camp have all asserted to me that it has to do with the processes, methodologies, etc of their more advanced gene sequencing etc. To my layman's somewhat critical mindset, I can't see how that gets them completely different results - I can see how it gets them more detail and gets it faster, but to get completely different results... I'm not getting that just yet.

Mulder,

What's required in your opinion a vid of Justin not shooting a Bigfoot?

Or some convoluted story of mixed up samples with bear meat or some weird plot to fake out Bart and Tyler.

He claims he shot Bigfoot and submitted samples he claims are from Bigfoot, opps it's a bear.

It's really that simple and those are the facts... DNA irrefutable proof right?

Cervelo - you get very assertive about "facts" when you are actually asserting inaccurate opinons. Let's at least be honest and fair.

Justing did not "submit samples he claims are from Bigfoot". He claimed he recovered samples from the site, weeks after the shooting, that seemed to share coloring characteristics with what he shot. He was HOPEFUL that they were Squatch, but he never asserted that.

Edited by Tyler H

Guest Cervelo

Tyler,

It's cool with me if that's your interpetation.

I'll be sticking with my conjecture (facts as I see them), unless one of us is a mind reader, I'm thinking its all up for interpetation.

Except for the DNA of course.

THis is all possible, but it seemed Melba was shooting straight with me when she dismissed primers as being the reason. People in her camp have all asserted to me that it has to do with the processes, methodologies, etc of their more advanced gene sequencing etc. To my layman's somewhat critical mindset, I can't see how that gets them completely different results - I can see how it gets them more detail and gets it faster, but to get completely different results... I'm not getting that just yet.

Cervelo - you get very assertive about "facts" when you are actually asserting inaccurate opinons. Let's at least be honest and fair.

Justing did not "submit samples he claims are from Bigfoot". He claimed he recovered samples from the site, weeks after the shooting, that seemed to share coloring characteristics with what he shot. He was HOPEFUL that they were Squatch, but he never asserted that.

That just seems so implausible.

To find bear specimens in that spot where the squatches were.

If other bigfoot drug off their dead which is the prevailing theory I guess.

Justin being a tracker/hunter and all why didn't he follow the tracks to their den?

Or, I guess they covered their tracks too?

Surely even the staunchest bigfoot believer can't take this seriously.

Guest Thepattywagon

Why would one assume there were tracks to follow, seeing as it snowed a couple of feet between the shooting and the return trip.

I don't know. Color seems off.

Slim which sample is this from, the Ketchum study or Barts/Tylers as it does look quite a bit different in terms of color and density from the other "steak " photos that have been published and circulated.

Thanks

Stinky

Tyler, first I want to thank you for coming forward with the results even though they were not what you and most people were hoping for. I do have a question though.

With the number of bear that Justin clamis to have taken while hunting, how is it that he didn't reconize the sample as bear right off the bat? I know tissue would be hard to reconize as it could be from many different animals but I would think the hair would have been something he would have known once he studied it. Has this been asked of him by you or anyone else?

I am not trying to accuse him of doing anything dishonest. This is a question that occured to me and I thought I would ask. Thanks for all the time you have spent answering questions here also.

slim,

Well, the bear and human primers each give a single PCR product (often referred to as bands) as seen on the gels. But, I can't any pics of the gels used to resolve the PCR products generated from the universal primers. What if there was more than one PCR product one the gels. Perhaps the lab only sequenced the most intense or predominant product, which came up black bear. Sequencing of less predominant or fainter bands might reveal something else.

This is a big long shot! The PCR products from different species would be almost the same size and therefore would not be separated from each other by gel electrophoresis. Since sequencing of the universal primer PCR product didn't show evidence of overlapping sequences, it's fairly safe to conclude that the DNA in the sample was predominantly from black bear. However, if there were other fainter bands, it would be very interesting to sequence those as well.

I'm not trying to diminish the fine work performed by the Trent group. I just thought it odd that their report included pics of the gels from the bear and human primers, but not the universal primers.

I am beginning to think that the evidence from most major crimes never receives the scrutiny that the BF community affords BF evidence.

Genes

For me, I think the damage is done here. These samples coming back as bear will taint anything related to the Smeja subject and will be easily dismissed from here forward. Best to move on and find another wagon to hitch our star to.

How many people in the history of BF have attached their name to a claim of this magnitude, been so on-point with the re-telling of such a complex event, been so transparent, even through serious threats, criticism, naysaying, legal ramifications, etc, taken a polygraph test and passed, and has attached certain documents and records to verify a story that he had already told and wouldn't be able to duplicate after the fact? I get why people believe him....He acts like someone that is telling the truth. Either Justin is telling a story that actually happened, or he is sociopathic beyond comprehension. I don't think there is a gray area. People trained in interview and interrogation, which given BC's prior work history, I'd imagine he is versed in, understand how hard it is to fabricate elaborate stories with intricate details, then masterfully repeat it ad nauseum, althewhile knowing that people are constantly looking for inconsistencies, and tells that it is a fabricated story. It's not easy! Lies are like the proverbial grapevine. If you have enough time with the subject, which Bart obviously does, you will eventually crack 'em....Unless they are telling the truth.

BF is real, y'all! The story may not be true, but it's not all that far-fetched. There are hundreds of people, who if they had their guns on them, or could dissolve the moral dilemma, would have proof. Period. Having an encounter is traumatizing enough. Don't pretend you can relate to someone's mind-set at the time, because you can't. That's an adrenaline rush that people probably feel when they're hitched to a post on a firing line. Why didn't he pose with it, lop a finger off, pull a tooth, give it a haircut, etc? How many people have truly been in fight, or flight mode? Standing in front of 2 or 3 guys that are going to jump you, but deciding to start checking chins instead of running. Unless you've done it, which some of us have, you can't even relate to how pure panic and adrenaline affect you, and your decisions. If you were fighting someone for 100K, would you think about that money once a punch is thrown? Nope! I keep seeing the same arguments levied against Justin, but those are usually the ones that I can understand him erring on. This is all saying that his story is true, of course.

BFF Patron
.....BF is real, y'all! The story may not be true, but it's not all that far-fetched. There are hundreds of people, who if they had their guns on them, or could dissolve the moral dilemma, would have proof. Period. Having an encounter is traumatizing enough. Don't pretend you can relate to someone's mind-set at the time, because you can't. That's an adrenaline rush that people probably feel when they're hitched to a post on a firing line. Why didn't he pose with it, lop a finger off, pull a tooth, give it a haircut, etc? How many people have truly been in fight, or flight mode? Standing in front of 2 or 3 guys that are going to jump you, but deciding to start checking chins instead of running. Unless you've done it, which some of us have, you can't even relate to how pure panic and adrenaline affect you, and your decisions. If you were fighting someone for 100K, would you think about that money once a punch is thrown? Nope! I keep seeing the same arguments levied against Justin, but those are usually the ones that I can understand him erring on. This is all saying that his story is true, of course.

^This and this.

Mulder,

What's required in your opinion a vid of Justin not shooting a Bigfoot?

Or some convoluted story of mixed up samples with bear meat or some weird plot to fake out Bart and Tyler.

He claims he shot Bigfoot and submitted samples he claims are from Bigfoot, opps it's a bear.

It's really that simple and those are the facts... DNA irrefutable proof right?

Did he indeed claim this or did he claim to have samples from what he assumed was the Bigfoot? Did he say he was 100% sure that what he found was a piece of the BF....or what to him LOOKED the same as the BF?

I'm happy to see you aren't talking in absolutes and is leaving room. Does Melba not seem to be a little smug and sure of her self too you? She does to me, and one thing I've learned in life is that when a person takes that stance they must have an ace. I mean she isn't leaving herself any wiggle room and is convinced her science is sound.

Justin being a tracker/hunter and all why didn't he follow the tracks to their den?

Perhaps because it was WEEKS later and the area was covered over in snow...

Guest wudewasa

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT DNA SAMPLE THAT TESTED POSITIVE FOR A BEAR!!!!!

It STILL must be squatches that Smeja shot. BELIEVE without forthcoming physical evidence!

• Upvote 1

Guest Scout1959

Why would one assume there were tracks to follow, seeing as it snowed a couple of feet between the shooting and the return trip.

And it had been 5 weeks past on top of it all.....

Tyler, first I want to thank you for coming forward with the results even though they were not what you and most people were hoping for. I do have a question though.

With the number of bear that Justin clamis to have taken while hunting, how is it that he didn't reconize the sample as bear right off the bat? I know tissue would be hard to reconize as it could be from many different animals but I would think the hair would have been something he would have known once he studied it. Has this been asked of him by you or anyone else?

I am not trying to accuse him of doing anything dishonest. This is a question that occured to me and I thought I would ask. Thanks for all the time you have spent answering questions here also.

If I understand it right he found the sample while digging in the snow. What I don't understand is if he thought he was cutting something off a bigfoot corpse why he didn't try and find a skull or a bone of some kind.

Personally as I've said before his story is to me just too fanciful and I don't buy a second of it.