Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

Does anyone remember if Derek ever saw the piece that Justin sent to Melba? I'm trying to recall if Justin found it and sent it to Melba without Derek ever seeing it. If Derek saw it then he can probably tell if it looked like what was in that photo and if it looks like what Bart and Tyler received. I can't imagine that Derek didn't at least see a good photo of it.

I remember thinking at the time it was very odd that Justin said that photo was of what he sent Melba and Melba said it definitely was not. I don't recall if or what Derek said about it.

a post from Derek in the Sierra kills thread: post #3043

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Big St, Believe it or not that's the first time I saw

that picture when it hit the internet. I do have

pictures of the flesh sample but they are

different pictures. It does appear to be the

same material.

DR

Another post #3011

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Going to back out for a while. It appears that

you all have all my evil motivations all figured

out. I posted my feelings here because I

wanted it out with no gray area, and without a

million questions. This is a thread about the

Sierra shootings right? I feel like I was very

clear about my deciding factors. Happy Big-

footing all.

FYI. I and the Olympic Project own the

sample. It was signed over to me in the

beginning, then I signed over the study rights to

Melba, so that can be taken out of the motive

theories. Nothings changed since the

beginning. Justin still has what's left of the

sample for future testing or whatever he plans

to do.

Peace,

DR

An interesting post from Derek:

Derekfoot, on 13 August 2011 - 09:12

AM, said:

Prag, another great answer but you're still

missing my point. I've done all the sleuthing on

this story that I need to do. I can't prove it

anymore in either direction. If I've been

mislead it's my fault. I don't think the Generals

going to come forward at this point with some

huge revelation and say aw shucks, I was just

funnin ya! If this whole story turned out to be

crap guess what, there's still a flesh sample in

the study, and like I said, I do know the results

of that sample. I do believe the General. When

all this is said and done, if I end up with egg on

my face, I'll get a towel and wipe it off, regroup

and start again.

DR

Seems like Derek got the impression from Ketchum that the Sierra kill sample was bigfoot.

Or he took a piece of bear meat he had and spit on it, walla Bigfoot!

According to Ketchum, solid forensic tissue samples are washed to eliminate external contamination. Spit would be external, as it would not penetrate the cell walls of the steak tissues. Did Tyler's Canadian lab wash the steak samples prior to anaylisi?

Seems like Derek got the impression from Ketchum that the Sierra kill sample was bigfoot.

I may be mistaken, but hasn't Ketchum said that all 108 or 109 or whatever samples included in her paper tested positive for presumptive bigfoot? I was under the impression all were pretty tightly screen — e.g., all hair samples tested positive by microscopic hair anatsis as presumptive bigfoot before testing.

Guest slimwitless

Slim, I believe the attempt for body recovery by Justin and Jack was Nov 13th 2010 as I believe Justin has a photo with a time/date stamp and gps back at the site (2 1/2 hr drive from Sac).

Thanks, Bart. Justin said November 10th in his "press release". He must be mistaken. I've always been under the impression that a fair amount of time passed between when Justin posted on taxidermy.net and the day he recovered the sample. Now it appears it was less than a week. On November 28, 2010, Smeja posted the following (which is actually interesting and/or ironic for other reasons):

For now I don't have much to say about this. To clarify I did talk to ken on the phone a few weeks ago. I think I would have rather him kept it to himself. In time I would guess the whole story will be told

Anyway, so this means Derek's timeline on The Olympic Project site is also wrong?

I'm certain there are other discussions of these events that apparently shouldn't be taken seriously in terms of time.

Earlier quotes:

Randles:

It was a very tough decision to get involved or not get involved. I was honestly taken back and upset, and it took a couple weeks to decide if we were going to commit to working with him.

Smeja:

so I waited a couple weeks to go back up there and that's when I found the sample

Smeja:

In short isn't a few weeks several days? don't that mean the same thing?

I'm reminded of the line in "O Brother, Where Art Thou": Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!

Edited by slimwitless

When looking at the gels, i think it would have been nice to include some negative controls as opposed to the dilutions, just to help show primers are species specific, perhaps this was just not in the report?. So you would of had your samples, bear control, human control, feline control, canine control, rodent control, non human primate control, (maybe gorilla, and chimp) and a no DNA control.

JMO

I'm not going to get involved in this thread, but I will say for the record that yes I still whole heartily believe Justin, and I do still believe that the sample that Melba tested is indeed from a Sasquatch. I have MANY reasons for stating this. A statement will be out from me soon and pasted on my face book wall for any that will be interested. I will say again that I do know the results of her testing, now better than ever. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and Bart and Tyler are certainly entitled tho theirs. Again I do have great reasons for saying what I'm saying. One thing to take into consideration is the in depth study that Melba has done, the universities and labs that worked on the sample, the Next Generation sequencing employed, and yes I do know exactly where and when it was worked on. The study is valid and as soon as it's made public this story will tell itself. I'm not going to answer any questions here on what I'm stating. This has been hectic to say the least, and I don't feel the need to defend myself here. Been there done that. I can be reached on FB.

I hope everyone here has a great new year and God bless. DR

Guest Scout1959

What if Smeja let one fly while the BF was shape-shifting into a bear? And, don't we have some evidence, via the Jacobs photo, that bears and juvy squatches run around, frolicking about the woods together?

The only thing that shape shifts in this story is the story itself.

IMHO the Jacob's photo is obviously a bear cub and not a bf at all.