Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

There is so much ambiguity regarding this case, it makes my head swim. Why, when it comes to BF, can there never be any clarity? It seems as though the mission is to keep the premise of BF alive, the masses must be kept in confusion, so as not to derail the money train.

Guest slimwitless

"For those of us who don't know either one of them and aren't privy to all the inside info, which of them do think would appear more credible at this point, at least on paper?"

I don't understand why Wally and Adrien haven't called the cops. Surely they know what you know. Fraud is a crime (even in Texas).

Guest BartloJays

How much are we talking?

Have you considered using kickstarter for funding?

Let's just say it would take a really really good week 17 and maybe winning on out this season, which reminds me, I'll be abandoning you guys within the hour for more important things.

In all honesty it could be anywhere from 2-10k at the end of the day. I could be wrong but have an idea of estimates based off our other testing. I bet someone here with more diagnostic knowledge can give us a better idea

Bart and Tyler have invested great amounts of cash for DNA testing Rich, its a tradeoff for the truth and they have been upfront with everything. When it comes to the money train you're barking up the wrong tree.

Always a possibility, but I made sure the lab knew their results would be vetted by ravenous bigfooteres, and by other labs. I think their reputation was/is more at steak by taking any easy way out, than it is by being thorough and truthful regardless of results. The lab director agreed with me, in email conversation.

Thanks for the reply Tyler.

I realize you just said you are done with the boots questions, but I would like to ask something that I don't think has been addressed. Do you have any general idea of how long we are talking? I'm curious to know how long it will take once you find a lab and how long until you think you will get started. I know you have said the testing on the sample took a long time, but do you think things will go a little smoother and faster now that you guys have been through this process? I assume the answer is yes, but just wondering if you have the general amount of time in your mind and wondering how much you will address this in your notes you will release.

I realize this will be more complex testing because the boots probably have had blood from numerous animals on it so this might be a hard thing to answer. I think the notes you are going to release will be very helpful to people who want to have DNA testing done. Thanks for what you are doing and thanks for any answers you have.

I don't know, do you?? You have brought quite the accusatory tone into this thread, unfortunately its also the only thing you have brought to the table.

I know that there are honest and not so honest people involved in the BF phenomenon. All have there own motives.

And I'm curious what yours is in this thread? Because you seem to have an agenda yourself.

• Upvote 1

Guest Cervelo

That's pretty funny Ronnie Bass since as far as I can tell the only purpose of this thread is to discredit Dr. Ketchum IMO .

These guys got nothing but a story and some bear DNA and some sort of beef with her.

Guest BartloJays

A couple of great posts there Footdude, and I know Tyler and Bart might not like them, but I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed. I too find it a bit odd that they still support Smeja, but I don't really see anything nefarious in them doing so. I think they like the rest of us still hold out hope that this could still turn out to be the big break we are all looking for. And I myself have saw several interviews with Smeja, including the one by Ro Sahebi's several times, and I have reason to at least give Smeja the benefit of the doubt on this.

I also think some need to keep in mind that we on the outside looking in could think there could be an effort by BFRO members to discredit MK. MM's twitter tirade about Ketchum a few weeks back could lead some to believe there is an ulterior motive at play here. I don't really want to play that card, but I wasn't the one who dealt it, it was MM.

That is why I said at the time that MM did no favors to himself or the BFRO by his actions. He was a bit too strong in his words, in my opinion. Perhaps he knew Tyler and Bart's results were not looking good for BF, but if so, he should have just kept quiet until the results came out. Otherwise, you end up with a situation like this, looking like there is a concerted effort to discredit MK, and raise questions about their motives.

That said, I don't see why they would. But I do see why some could think it.

Rockape, no offense and I really appreciate your questions, but the Moneymaker/BFRO suggestion is ridiculous. I'm not concerned with what Matt says or doesn't because there's zero association to what we're doing. That's a fact. I've talked to MM once in the last 6 months as I mostly stay in touch with Bo and Cliff with their hectic schedule. I don't even know how up to date he is as we don't discuss the Sierras stuff and we haven't even had an opp to really discuss the thermal footage I got Aug 23 near the killsite. In addition, I'm in multiple organizations, represent them equally and I work with who I want, when I want as long as they care about the truth under any circumstance. Now, had we held out results as some have suggested would've been appropriate because of concern regarding perception of Ketchum's study and share them "after" her release which I would contend goes against the whole purpose of screening the sample in the first place and reasons of our concern, that would've been irresponsible imo .....I'm sure people would've accused us of this. It's a ridiculous suggestion for a ulterior motive and will appear even more ridiculous when you see the transparency of emails and the extra mile that we went to make sure this tissue was properly vetted.

Bottom line, you want me to be disappointed, keep the status quo with respect to results, you want me to thrill me then have Dr. Ketchum come through

Edited by BartloJays

I don't believe I'm being accusatory when stating what I believe is obvious, or when I ask questions. I am not a scientist, so I can not speak about complex DNA issues. I am merely a layman with questions. I am not interested in personalities. With all due respect, I mean no disrespect to the many highly qualified posters here, including yourself.

Has it been confirmed whether or not Justin signed an NDA? Sorry, I can't recall if you guys said that was definite. I remember a long time ago Justin said he had not signed one and then Derek said Justin is mistaken and Justin definitely signed one. I think that is how Derek said, but I remember thinking it was very odd. I just chalked it up as Justin didn't really know what he was signing. Although Justin has told you guys he definitely didn't sign one.

I find it very very odd that Ketchum would not get Justin's DNA and I'm wondering if he is mistaken about that as well. I think you said Ketchum told you she doesn't remember if she got his DNA or not so who knows. I'm dumbfounded if she didn't get it though.

Another quick question. Am I remembering correctly that the sample that Justin gave Ketchum was totally used up in testing? Thanks.

That's pretty funny Ronnie Bass since as far as I can tell the only purpose of this thread is to discredit Dr. Ketchum IMO .

These guys got nothing but a story and some bear DNA and some sort of beef with her.

They are testing with the same samples Ketchum is testing with, there is going to be room for disagreement if the tests show different results, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Ronnie Bass