Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

It wasn't a Bigfoot that got shot. My worst fears have come true, now all can believe. It was a real, genuine ManBearPig that was shot.

Are you cereal?

Guest Tyler H

Do I believe Justin? - yes

Why? Again, see the whole article of logical reasons why. Couple those with the consistent unwavering behavior that is consistent with his claims, and I don't have much choice. As I say in that article: "Once you eliminate the most implausible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, is likely the truth"

Were/are any other labs involved? - I have tissue with a third lab. To date, I have not asked them to execute another test on those samples.

What do I make of all this?

• The option I believe most: Just has told the truth, and the circumstantial tissue find proved to be from something other than what he shot. The boots may provide definitive proof.
  • An option that I would have difficult faulting others for believing - Justin's story is true, and he left without evidence, but when someone convinced him of all the riches waiting for anyone who had proof, he resorted to submitting some bear tissue. Again, the polygraph and all of Justin's behaviour speak against that option, but I realize Occam's razor would point us to that. Everytime I have interacted with Justin, I've watched his reaction to that scenario - the guy has always been honest to the point of saying things that make himself look bad. I believe he has been honest about this option as well. He genuinely seems as baffled as the rest of us, and was devastated when the labs came up with "bear" for the tissue. As someone who has had an encounter, and watched people doubt me, and knows the behaviour of someone who is telling the truth, I get the right vibe off Justin. Is it infallible? - nope.

While conclusions may differ, our next action steps remain the same - it leaves us the scenario of one very compelling story that we may yet have physical evidence for. It is encumbant upon us to see this through - to pursue the testing on the boots.

ThePattyWagon:

No sarcasm here - I truly would like to hear your reasons why Justin might have done that - the ones I have come up with, and the ones I have heard just don't tend to hold much water.

As for why Melba would not want corroboration - She claimed she did want that. She claimed that she had been LOOKING for someone to substantiate her conclusions, and no one would. She claimed she would allow the testing on her tissue. She claimed she was working on getting someone to speak with me. In the end, it was like so many of her other claims 'please trust me, and please wait forever while I try to get some proof to you.' I feel I allowed a generous amount of time for compliance on that. You must remember - I did not approach her - they approached me and asked me to be open to other information that could persuade me to delay the release of my results. I tried to comply, and tried to give them that opportunity. They asked for it, but then spurned it.

I do sincererely hope, and have some confidence that perhaps other samples in her arsenal will support her claims. But that camp always claimed that Justin's samples were the most prominent pillar in their support system, so it becomes problematic.

So it looks like Smeja isn't going to be providing us the holy grail, instead he shot a black bear, spun a yarn and got some kicks out of it. But then again, does anyone have any faith in DNA samples anymore?

Guest Cervelo

TylerH,

Thanks for the response but it appears your heavily invested in Justin and his story.

I find that admirable but as one that could barely get through his interview without vomiting, I hold a different opinion of Justin.

Either both you and Dr. K have the same samples and different results.

Justin somehow mixed up his bear meat and Bigfoot meat.

Or something nefarious is going on somewhere.

I hope you've consider all the possibilities....

Thank you Bart and Tyler for presenting the results of your tests.

Did either lab mention how much human contamination was on the sample? Was it just a little or a lot? I assume it was expected that it was contaminated based on Justin handling of the sample.

TylerH,

So you believe Js story?

But all samples come back bear

What's your take on that?

LOL funny that you word it that way. Actually, just THIS sample has come back "bear" (that we know of). The way you said it makes it sound like it's common knowledge that it's bear across the board, but that's not the case. I'm sure that's not the way you intended it to sound...

Guest slimwitless

No way he went back to where he says he killed the BF and instead found a piece of bear.

I have to agree. The odds are extremely remote. Maybe the MIB left it after removing the bodies.

Kidding.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Something's not adding up here. Why would the Ketchum camp want you guys to delay the release of the DNA results of a black bear.

Guest Cervelo

LOL funny that you word it that way. Actually, just THIS sample has come back "bear" (that we know of). The way you said it makes it sound like it's common knowledge that it's bear across the board, but that's not the case. I'm sure that's not the way you intended it to sound...

Hmmmm what's the thread about?

Sounds more like way to much reading between the lines ;)

But thanks for keeping me in line good work.

Edited by Cervelo
To remove personal comment

BFF Patron

Yes. Anyone following this who put all their eggs in the Smeja- basket wasn"t serious to begin with jmho.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest thermalman

So it looks like Smeja isn't going to be providing us the holy grail, instead he shot a black bear, spun a yarn and got some kicks out of it. But then again, does anyone have any faith in DNA samples anymore?

It wasn't the DNA samples that let us down. It was the sample providers.

Guest slimwitless

Yes. Anyone following this who put all their eggs in the Smeja- basket wasn"t serious to begin with jmho.

Just two nights ago Ketchum told an interviewer she thought Smeja was telling the truth.

Guest Scout1959

Why would anyone give you a sample of bear flesh knowing fully well you are doing a dna test?

Something is rotten or the person who gave you the flesh is not to up on just what dna testing is..

I've heard, via RL, that Justin Smeja does some taxonomy. Maybe he took the wrong specimen out of his fridge? I need another, bartender