Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

Guest Scout1959

Just two nights ago Ketchum told an interviewer she thought Smeja was telling the truth.

Isn't it obvious that when it comes to BF everyone is lying... what in the world is it about the topic that draws out the worst in so many?

Guest Thepattywagon

Tyler H said,

"Slimwitless - there is also no reason that Justin would have unintentially had bear tissue of the size and shape that he used for the samples, stored away to be sent off to labs.

Slabs of meat? sure.

A hide scrap - not likely."

I doubt Justin would skin a bear and throw the hide away afterward. To me it would seem more reasonable that he would freeze the hide to tan it later and maybe use it, or sell it, if that is legal. Point being, a "hide scrap" is an easy thing to come up with if you already have the hide to cut it from.

Smeja IS an aspiring taxidermist, is he not?

Edited by Thepattywagon

Guest Tyler H

I doubt Justin would skin a bear and throw the hide away afterward. To me it would seem more reasonable that he would freeze the hide to tan it later and maybe use it, or sell it, if that is legal. Point being, a "hide scrap" is an easy thing to come up with if you already have the hide to cut it from.

Smeja IS an aspiring taxidermist, is he not?

No, he's not a taxidermist, but regardless, there isn't much reason to keep a small scrap of bear hide in your freezer, unless you think it was something sepcial.

TylerH,

Thanks for the response but it appears your heavily invested in Justin and his story....

I hope you've consider all the possibilities....

Cervelo - i don't know you - excuse me if I'm judging you incorrectly... but you seem to me like the type that is going to keep hammering on your own opinion without truly reading or absorbing any data that contradicts your conclusions. Have you read my article on why I believed Justin?

Just curious. Will the report from the American lab also be made available. When did those results come back? Thanks a lot.

Yes, Bart is preparing his release, but it will be a bit before all the data is compiled.

Tyler, are you saying you all delayed making your test results public at the behest of the Ketchum camp?

Yes - I wanted to give every chance to support her work, and wanted to make sure I had 100% confidence in the work of the labs we contracted. If she could have shown me something that showed the work of our labs was somehow deficient, I would have had to take a second look at everything.

Did either lab mention how much human contamination was on the sample? Was it just a little or a lot? I assume it was expected that it was contaminated based on Justin handling of the sample.

Yes, if you look at the actual report (not just my release statement) you will see the proportions they estimated.

I do plan to release a timeline/synopsis of my work with the lab - you will see a bit of a roller coaster. Much of the roller coaster resulted from the fact that during the FIRST round of testing, they essentially threw the whole sample in a blender and then tested to see what came out. On the second round, however, they did a single strand hair test - this greatly diminished any contamination. That gave a clear picture of what we had. It also corroborated at least one of the hair morphology conclusions.

Tyler Huggins

Edited by Tyler H

Guest Thepattywagon

Wasn't the initial story broken on a taxidermy site, of which Justin was a member? I seem to recall reading some posts by him that hinted at more than a cursory knowledge of the subject.

Guest Cervelo

TylerH,

Yes I have read your reasons, and that's why I admire your loyalty to him.

I also have an opinion about Justin but that's not what this threads about.

But you seem to keep bringing it back to that over and over which is fine, I think that's pretty clear.

I haven't reached any conclusions just suggesting some possibilities.

So since I obviously missed it how do you think bear ended up getting submitted for analysis?

You guys are making it harder then it is. The answer is simple, he shot a sow with 2 cubs. The story's real, he just replaced the bears with bigfoot. That makes perfect sense for finding bear hide at the kill site.

I still can't, for the life of me, understand why the boots still haven't been tested. The 'non-circumstantial' evidence seems to me to be the best evidence to test, unless, of course, discrediting Ketchum was also on the list of priorities, which I don't have a problem with, either. The collateral damage done to MK from Tyler and Bart's independent testing can't be ignored, nor should excuses be made for her. The Ketchum camp says that the sex of the Smeja sample was a _____(I'm not under an NDA, but don't know if this bit of info has actually been released yet, and don't think it's my place to say), and his sample is the center-piece of the study. There are so many red-flags in this whole debacle that I can't make heads or tails of anything anymore. Something is amiss, however.

When the 'steak' was initially recovered, did they touch it with their 'bear' hands, or something? I don't see, given the potential magnitude of the find, how they couldn't have been ultra-cautious with the handling of it, as not to contaminate it, unless it was contaminated on purpose. I am versed in the C.O.C(not Corrosion of Conformity-for all you California rockers down there) and the handling of evidence, and I don't see how a snafu like this could have occurred, unless Smeja is just careless, and didn't think much of it. I don't know Bart, or Ty, but following BC's research, and day-to-day stuff on FB, gives me the impression that he is nothing short of a stand-up dude, and someone that can be trusted. I'm sure Tyler falls into that same category, from what I've heard. Melba, on the other hand, not so much. I don't think we should sweep any of Melba's business transgressions, PR decisions, or wishy-washy behavior under the rug anymore. It is all completely relevant.

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

Guest Thepattywagon

He was specifically out hunting FOR bear, so if he bagged one, why would he leave it behind?

The story about the recent theft of bear meat from his house would mean that he probably eats it when he kills one.

You guys are making it harder then it is. The answer is simple, he shot a sow with 2 cubs. The story's real, he just replaced the bears with bigfoot. That makes perfect sense for finding bear hide at the kill site.

Have you ever had the priviledge of going through Justin's hunting pics? There is no way my man misidentified them. He is extremely versed in hunting. He may have attempted a hoax(not saying that is what I think) but the possibility of him shooting bears, thinking they are BF, is highly unlikely.

Guest Tyler H

TylerH,

Yes I have read your reasons, and that's why I admire your loyalty to him.

I also have an opinion about Justin but that's not what this threads about.

But you seem to keep bringing it back to that over and over which is fine, I think that's pretty clear.

I haven't reached any conclusions just suggesting some possibilities.

So since I obviously missed it how do you think bear ended up getting submitted for analysis?

Cervelo - if you had read the article, you would see that none of my reasons or rationale had to do with loyalty to Justin. I didn't know him from a hole in the wall, and we lived 2000 miles away from eachother. I have friends that accuse me of going beyond skeptical and into "cynic" realms. I have trouble with faith - it does not come easy to me. Justin has NOW earned some amount of loyalty I suppose, but if that is all you are seeing, then you have not read the article. If you have not taken the time to read and digest the article, you really aren't showing respect for my time, so I'm not going to give you easy answers here - the answers to your questions have been posted in this thread, and in my article(s).

Guest Cervelo

Cervelo - if you had read the article, you would see that none of my reasons or rationale had to do with loyalty to Justin. I didn't know him from a hole in the wall, and we lived 2000 miles away from eachother. I have friends that accuse me of going beyond skeptical and into "cynic" realms. I have trouble with faith - it does not come easy to me. Justin has NOW earned some amount of loyalty I suppose, but if that is all you are seeing, then you have not read the article. If you have not taken the time to read and digest the article, you really aren't showing respect for my time, so I'm not going to give you easy answers here - the answers to your questions have been posted in this thread, and in my article(s).

Mighty wordy dramatic dodge, but whatever works for you, thanks for nothing LOL ;)

Edited by Cervelo
to remove flaming