Bigfoot Has Gone Mainstream

When they treat BF as a laughable species, then it hurts the science of BF imho.

On the other hand, realistic shows can help the public accept BF and encourage science.

Hi there,

It's an interesting topic I think, simplyskyla.

It's a bit of a double edge-sword, perhaps.

The more mainstream Bigfoot becomes, the bigger the potential for more hoaxes. At the same time, it may give witnesses the confidence to come forward and talk about their experiences, if they never have before. So it could both help and hinder researchers looking to prove its existence, in that sense.

There'll be people better placed than me to comment, but I think in the 50s when there were a lot of sci-fi films released about UFOs, then there were more reports from the public than ever before about people seeing UFOs. Were these reports genuine, or were people riding on the coat-tails of what was happening in the media at the time? I think there was probably a lot of that. Maybe it is the same with Bigfoot, I'm not sure.

Best regards,

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Guest wudewasa

On the other hand, realistic shows can help the public accept BF and encourage science.

Where are these purported shows?

Guest Roberty-Bob

This, in a nutshell, is what I've been saying for years - the general public sees bigfoot as a punchline and does not take the subject seriously.

Hahaha. Bigfoot is taking over the world!

Love that line "Only talk about this with people you know very well, and then..."

Well it certainly does open the door for more hoaxes, but also should put more people on the lookout, and might encourage more people who have potential evidence to come foreward,

Guest Yeti1974

I think it helps overall. When Bigfoot is not simply mentioned in the same breath as Elvis sightings, when it is seen as even a semi-serious subject, that's a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

bigfoot-team-james-bobo-fay0.jpg

I just saw this guy on tv today. His name is "Jim Faye" and he was on a boat with some guy named Cliff.

They were looking for bigfoot in California.

The Show was from 2008: "MonsterQuest, Legend of the Hairy Beast"

History Channel is all out Bigfoot this afternoon. 2x MonsterQuest shows and then "Bigfoot, the Definitive Guide" (on right now)

Edited by Redbone