Bigfoot Has Gone Mainstream

On the same show was Dr, Joe Fox, who talked about similar purported bigfoot howls at 700Hz +/- 50Hz.

Ed Smith said something along these lines (722.05 Hz) in his interview. Maybe he's seen the same show?

I just saw this guy on tv today. His name is "Jim Faye" and he was on a boat with some guy named Cliff.

They were looking for bigfoot in California.

you're joking right?

I think any humourous 'quips' aimed at Bigfoot believers written into new tv shows right now are a backlash to the other serious tv show ie. Finding Bigfoot. I dont think they give any real damage to all the genuine 'footers' out there. There are far more factors eg. certain people within the bigfoot world who do more damage to our reputation!

....yes just yesterday a friend said to me 'look whatever you do, dont go into the pub one night and start talking about Bigfoot'! I havent yet, but I probably will as I dont care what people think about my interests in life as believing in Bigfoot is completely harmless!

....yes just yesterday a friend said to me 'look whatever you do, dont go into the pub one night and start talking about Bigfoot'! I havent yet, but I probably will as I dont care what people think about my interests in life as believing in Bigfoot is completely harmless!

Openly disagreeing with majority opinion where alcohol heightens self-righteous hostility ... ain't always harmless to oneself.

AKA Discretion is the better part of valor.

Openly disagreeing with majority opinion where alcohol heightens self-righteous hostility ... ain't always harmless to oneself.

AKA Discretion is the better part of valor.

No I disagree, I am always having to listen to other peoples ridiculous and often offensive thoughts about this and that in life and its all fine apparantly. There is a high proportion of racism where I live and I hate it and I am constantly finding myself in arguments wherever I go. Discussing whether Bigfoot does or doesnt exist in public places to me seems pretty fine (if discussed in the 'natural history' vein) - like that sketch, then what on earth is wrong with that?

you're joking right?

No It's true. I did see him on MonsterQuest.

They did some crazy antics and failed to spot a Squatch after they ran their boat onto a sandbar.

(yes I know Bobo is also on that 'other show')

Guest JVDBogart

I liked it MUCH better when we were just considered a small group of wackos and ignored by the public. I guess that is selfish of me, but give me those old days any day!

Maybe we're not a small group, there are more wackos out there than you ever dreamed. By the way, we're not wackos because of the whole believing in bigfoot thing, right?

Guest JVDBogart

Maybe we're not a small group, there are more wackos out there than you ever dreamed. By the way, we're not wackos because of the whole believing in bigfoot thing, right?

I know we aren't wackos of course, what I meant was I liked it better when everyone thought we were and just left us and the big guy alone!

Guest JVDBogart

I liked flying under the radar and everyone just thinking I was a monster chasing dreamer you know? I liked knowing something that the vast majority of the public didn't. I liked being able to go out in the forest and enjoy my secret in solitude. Without hundreds of people stumbling around and scaring everything in a hundred mile radius. I know it's selfish, but I deserve it for sticking with it through all those years. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, and they haven't even paid any dues. That's why Bigfoot going mainstream was the absolute WORST thing that could happen to the creature, and to my passion.

I liked flying under the radar and everyone just thinking I was a monster chasing dreamer you know? I liked knowing something that the vast majority of the public didn't. I liked being able to go out in the forest and enjoy my secret in solitude. Without hundreds of people stumbling around and scaring everything in a hundred mile radius. I know it's selfish, but I deserve it for sticking with it through all those years. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, and they haven't even paid any dues. That's why Bigfoot going mainstream was the absolute WORST thing that could happen to the creature, and to my passion.

Yes i can understand that. And if one is ever caught? That will ruin alot of peoples fun. Edited by JackiLB

@ Pam

Wacko? ... No, not at all!

Only those of us who know that Bf commutes in a red, mini-UFO. :gamer:

I want a red, mini-UFO...wonder where they get those suckers

I know we aren't wackos of course, what I meant was I liked it better when everyone thought we were and just left us and the big guy alone!

Right, of course. Not wackos. I must tell my family and friends, they'll be surprised to learn this of me. Thank you!

Guest JVDBogart

Yes i can understand that. And if one is ever caught? That will ruin alot of peoples fun.

Yes, but this would only be a minor side effect, and of course a selfish one as well. I will admit to feeling that way as well, but it's only a tiny percentage of why I want Bigfoot to remain a "myth."

The most important, and major side effect is the overall negative impact it will have on Bigfoot. As far as I can tell, all the reasons for wanting Bigfoot to be scientifically proven are ALL selfish ones. While many won't admit it, the number one reason for wanting Bigfoot scientifically proven is so they can say "HA HA, I told you so! You all picked on me and now you see I was right the whole time! You can all kiss my Bigfoot butt, and beg for my forgiveness!"

Right? That's the reason in nutshell, just to prove to themselves and to society that they weren't gullible dreamers chasing imaginary monsters afterall. So then they will have their five minutes of fame, and savor every apology. "Ummm ... gee Bob, I guess you were right about them there Bigfoot things."

After those five minutes of feeling superior to everyone else is over, then it's right back to their normal, boring, and routine lives. Everything will be just like it was when Bigfoot was still a "myth." With one small exception of course, the hobby that you have enjoyed your whole life is now GONE.

Believe it or not, you will not become an instant "babe magnet" because you believed in Bigfoot before it was scientifically proven. In fact, everyone will say that they really believed in Bigfoot before too, but they were just scared to say it. Suddenly, everyone was a Bigfoot believer, but they were just in the closet.

If you never had your own personal Bigfoot encounter before they were "proven," then you NEVER will after discovery. Once the stigma of the subject is removed, then mainstream scientists will be racing to study, learn, document, track, and be the first to publish anything Bigfoot related. It will be vicious as they scratch and claw through each other in order to make a name for themselves. Think it's hard to see a Bigfoot now? Wait until every scientist in the world starts to pursue and harrass them. They will go from "elusive" to "ultra, mega, max, hyper-elusive!"

That's just the academic world, the major impact will be from the always mature, logical, rational, and compassionate general public. Remember, the stigma is gone now, chasing Bigfoot is now cool, no one can pick on you or laugh at you now, and most importantly, everybody's doing it now and we all have to do what the majority does right?

Once it's "hip to be a Bigfooter" (which is already happening now if you haven't noticed), then it's GAME ON for the masses and GAME OVER for the Bigfoot. This list is endless, but here are a sample: Thrill seekers in search of the ultimate rush, trophy hunters in search of the ultimate challenge, poachers looking to get rich by selling a Bigfoot body to the highest bidder in the WORLD (easy money always brings out the best in people right?), reality television crews a thousand times worse than currently, neo-hippies wanting to bond and become one with the creatures (think Timothy Treadwell), and on and on this list could go.

Now MONEY is no longer a hurdle! Now it's not a high risk gamble on a mythical creature's existence, but rather, a sound investment! Everyone always wanted more money to be dedicated to Bigfoot research, well be careful what you wish for! Now billions of dollars are at stake, and everyone wants to get their piece of the pie right? Humans kill each other over 10 bucks, so what's going to happen to this "sub human animal" with billions of dollars coming out their Bigfoot buttholes?

But wait! They are a species of human and laws will be quickly put in place to protect them! HA HA! That's a hot one right there. Everyone knows that once something is made illegal, then it never happens again. That's why our prison system is in danger of extinction LOL. Don't even tell me it would be different because they may be a type of human, and would be treated with the utmost "human dignity." Yeah right, tell that to the Native Americans and to any of those fellow human opponents from past wars and conflicts.

Ugh! I really could write a book on how bad official scientific discovery would be for the Bigfoot. Oh well, we will be able to enjoy our five minutes of being right and feeling superior to others. That's worth it right? To be able to say "I told you so" and stick out your tongue at all your past critics. Whatever it takes to be right, and to feel superior towards others is worth it right? That's good old human nature for ya. It's a dog eat dog world, kill or be killed, and the survival of the fittest. Do whatever it takes to get to the top and take care of #1. The more money, or degrees a person has, then the better they are. Keeping up with the Joneses and elevate your self-esteem by destroying others. That's what it takes to get ahead in this world right?

It makes you really wonder why Bigfoot has avoided us like we are a plague to them. Maybe they know us better than we know ourselves? Maybe they were eye witnesses to how well the Native Americans made out after being "discovered." Maybe they watch the way we destroy everything in nature just to satisfy our desires? Maybe they came to the startling conclusion that we will treat them like we treat everything else in nature? Maybe they peek in our windows and feel pity for us? Sad for us poor creatures that are trapped in wooden boxes and travelling in metallic containers. On the rare occasion we venture out, then we have to lug a huge life support system on our back.

They know what's up, why waste their time getting to know a flawed and doomed species? They can just watch, observe, and not interfere with us. Just like us humans are famous for! They are just chilling, relaxing, and messing with us occasionally until they can finally have the Earth all to themselves. Hopefully, they will be able to salvage some of our toxic, radioactive, and poisonous leftovers, and then they can show us how it's done!