Huge Bear?

http://www.fntpost.c...ar Crazy II DVD

A 652 lbs black bear taken in North Carolina! SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY TWO POUNDS!

I realize it's a ways from Florida, but it's certainly plausible for a black bear in the SE to get rather large.

I live in NE Pennsylvania, I had 7 bears around my property for a couple weeks in may.

The one night my dog started barking, I got up and the security light on, and figured it was a bear after the garbage,

I opened my front door and he was at the bottom of my porch, He was at least 600 lbs, his paw was 6 1/2" across, he had his head in the garbage can,

I opened the screen door and yelled at him as load as i could, He turned around and looked at me and his eyes looked like he seen a ghost,

he took off running through the woods and sounded like a bull dozer, running into and over trees, I was LMAO.

biggest bear i ever seen,his front arms were massive, for it to be that big that early is amazing ! he probably put on at least 100 more before winter.

There you go!

When most people want to tell folks who have seen a squatch that what they really saw was a bear, we can start telling everyone what they saw wasn't a bear but a squatch.

@rockape, im sure he is more qualified at estimating such things than me....but I have no idea. Maybe police are trained for such, being they are often the first to respond to the scene of an accident.

Vehicles these days are built to dissipate the force of an impact, and the area the damage occurred is built intentionally weak. It's part of the "crumple zone", so I don't think it would take something around 800 lbs to cause that damage. It could be something much less in weight.

There;s another story like this from the 1970's South Florida, a man hit what he thought was someone wearing a fur coat while driving home late at night? Looking for that now? BFRO maybe? I'm from Coral Springs, Grew up there, and had a sighting in 1979. Years later, I started looking for info on sightings there during my time frame, and low and behold, several other very similar sightings within one mile of each other, during a course of several years. Multiple witnesses like mine, two brothers playing in the woods.

But that was in what is now Parkland, north of Wiles Road. which today, is all built up. Back then it was thick, primeval growth in there. Lots of Northern Broward, southern Palm beach counties had vast stretches of untouched flora and fauna. Sadly, Not anymore.

Glad .to meet ya, Skyla.

PS You ought to get up to the Ocala National Forest. Real Squatchy in there!

Guest thermalman

http://www.fntpost.c...ar Crazy II DVD

A 652 lbs black bear taken in North Carolina! SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY TWO POUNDS!

I realize it's a ways from Florida, but it's certainly plausible for a black bear in the SE to get rather large.

I believe the record for American Black Bear is 880lbs, also in NC.

Meanwhile, where I live (Manitoba, Canada) there are consistently large black bears:

"A black bear was hit and killed by a car near Winnipeg Canada, in 2001. The official recorded weight was 856.5 pounds, but it is estimated that the live weight of this large male was more than 886 pounds. The driver was not injured and there appeared to be little damage to the Mazda."

"An 805-pound male American black bear was shot in Manitoba Canada."

They are pretty much king of our bush,

Edited by thermalman

There;s another story like this from the 1970's South Florida, a man hit what he thought was someone wearing a fur coat while driving home late at night? Looking for that now? BFRO maybe? I'm from Coral Springs, Grew up there, and had a sighting in 1979. Years later, I started looking for info on sightings there during my time frame, and low and behold, several other very similar sightings within one mile of each other, during a course of several years. Multiple witnesses like mine, two brothers playing in the woods.

But that was in what is now Parkland, north of Wiles Road. which today, is all built up. Back then it was thick, primeval growth in there. Lots of Northern Broward, southern Palm beach counties had vast stretches of untouched flora and fauna. Sadly, Not anymore.

Glad .to meet ya, Skyla.

PS You ought to get up to the Ocala National Forest. Real Squatchy in there!

Nice to meet you as well. I am looking forward to camping at alexander springs sometime soon. I've heard your area is quite squatchy.

I love how everyone intends on informing me that blackbears can get up to 800 lbs in nc and pa. Ok thats all fine and dandy, but once again I will explain that SF black bears are smaller. The biggest on RECORD was around 660. It was considered a beast at best. Let's not compare apples and oranges here. There are significant different in sizes of species found all of north america. I can not say if that damage could of been done by an animal less than 800 lbs .....im only taking the word of a man or men who are most likely trained on the subject. Im not saying these people FOR SURE hit a bigfoot. I'm saying the scenario of coinciding events makes me **** an eyebrow. The size....the location is a hotspot for bf sightings ( collier county ) and the fact no trail of blood and the "bear" was never found.

Just strange.....hey maybe it was a huge monster bear....and maybe it wasnt.

Edited by simplyskyla

I agree with Norseman it is plausible they hit a bear or a BF, but odds are it was a bear. The county has a history of producing large bears. If the police did approach Dave Shealy discreetly that says a lot. But, we don't know if this happened either.

Is it possible any hair or tissue was removed or retained from the incident? Im sure the vehicle has been repaired by now. would be great have a couple of hairs to examine, could put the matter to rest pretty much.

SSR Team

There is nothing in the story that indicates a possible Sasquatch/

Not saying it was a Sasquatch but I can tell you an Englishman would not calculate " Sasquatch " if it was one.

That estimate is too big for a Bear down there, of course reality could have seen the Bear weigh less than that, but the estimate would be definitely incorrect.

Simplalska, this road is Alligator Alley yeah ?

Guest OntarioSquatch

I don't know how others look at cases like this, but when the witness says bear and the goal is to investigate for a possible Sasquatch, I try to look for anything that isn't bear-like. While an 800 pound black bear is uncommon, it doesn't mean it's a probable Bigfoot. In fact, does anyone actually know how much a Bigfoot weighs? The weight was also a rough estimate based on the damage.

The willingness to believe can get the best of us.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

SSR Team

I don't know how others look at cases like this, but when the witness says bear and the goal is to investigate for a possible Sasquatch, I try to look for anything that isn't bear-like.

You might look at it that way but I can assure you, an English couple would see a Bear even if it wasn't a Bear because a Sasquatch simply isn't in the mindset of these particular witnesses, period.

It took me 6 or more years to understand and work out what I saw, 6 or more years, and why ?

Because Sasquatch was simply not in my mindset, it wasn't an option, it didn't exist, it wasn't there, it wasn't an option.

Again I'm not saying this was a Sasquatch but its always better to understand certain things and add context.

Has anyone considered that the officer looked at the speed of the car and the damaged caused, to come up with an 800lb esitimate size.

So what if the couple in their rented car, where travelling much faster than the speed limit when they hit the bear, but because they where worried about the insurance not covering the damage for this illegal speed, they lied to the police that they where going much slower?

1. There is know way to look at the damage and make any kind of statement that they hit an 800 pound animal. 800 pounds would have caved in the entire wheel well.

2. In the interview he said he was positive it was a bear

3. 350-400 pound bear my guess...the first time you see a bear especially one your vehicle is headed toward your gonna think ITS BIG!!

Not saying it was a Sasquatch but I can tell you an Englishman would not calculate " Sasquatch " if it was one.

That estimate is too big for a Bear down there, of course reality could have seen the Bear weigh less than that, but the estimate would be definitely incorrect.

Simplalska, this road is Alligator Alley yeah ?

good point!

1. There is know way to look at the damage and make any kind of statement that they hit an 800 pound animal. 800 pounds would have caved in the entire wheel well.

2. In the interview he said he was positive it was a bear

3. 350-400 pound bear my guess...the first time you see a bear especially one your vehicle is headed toward your gonna think ITS BIG!!

Are you trained to assess the damage of a vehicle? no offense, but if you are not trained and from only seeing 4 photos....I can't take your opinion on that seriously.

Mr Oakley said this: "He said he knew right away it was a bear, but they would have found a crash with an alligator more believable." He nor his wife never states they got a good look at it or could even describe what it looked like beyond it was very very big dark and hairy.

In both interviews it sounds like the both assumed it was a bear because of those three factos but it happend so quickly and the animal vanished....what else could it possibly of been to them?

good point!

Are you trained to assess the damage of a vehicle? no offense, but if you are not trained and from only seeing 4 photos....I can't take your opinion on that seriously.

Mr Oakley said this: "He said he knew right away it was a bear, but they would have found a crash with an alligator more believable." He nor his wife never states they got a good look at it or could even describe what it looked like beyond it was very very big dark and hairy.

In both interviews it sounds like the both assumed it was a bear because of those three factos but it happend so quickly and the animal vanished....what else could it possibly of been to them?

The only thing they could wrap their minds around was a bear. Which it very well of could been. I still think its a fishy story.