Life Changing

We have a family friend who used to camp with us until he had a bigfoot sighting. After that he would never go camping in the woods with us. It completely changed him.

I read several reports where guys who were avid hunters, completely quit hunting after an encounter.

Has an encouter changed your life?

Actually, the fear of Sasquatches really discourages me from going camping or going out into the woods in an area where there are sightings... I think if I saw one, I would be scared to even live on the same continent.

Does anyone know if they are actually dangerous? Will they hurt you? Is there anything to be wary about if you see one? What should you do if you see one?

Honestly, if it just stood there and stared, I would be hipster and go pet it. :music:

Just one or two encounters didn't do much changing for me. But seeing them, & hearing them, time after time day after day and getting to know them, made me realize that nothing is as we have been taught. The adage about not judging a book by it's cover fits BF perfectly. The fact that they appear to be "wood apes" doesn't mean that they can't have intelligence & knowledge that equals or exceeds ours. They have a lot to teach us if we are willing to allow ourselves to learn.

Yes, they have changed my life, and for the better. I can't imagine how dull the last 8 years would have been without them.

They have a lot to teach us if we are willing to allow ourselves to learn.

What voluminous knowledge have they imparted to you over the last 8 years?

Guest WldHrtRnch

I've been thinking about this recently. I'm quite ambivalent about having an encounter. I just stepped out on my back porch to make a couple of whistles and my heart began to race. I only listened a moment and came right on back inside, lol. I think I am a big chicken!! Many I've read about and spoken with strike me as incredibly brave. No activity here that I know of, and maybe I should stop looking, and whistling.

What voluminous knowledge have they imparted to you over the last 8 years?

They taught me to not take cheap bait, for one thing.

• Upvote 2

That book " Missing 411" has made me leary of camping. I live in the middle of Indianapolis and leave really early for work. I have started taking a really long look out the window before walking out to my car....... To check for Bigfoot. How silly is that? But I am really creaped out these days.

I can't spell.. Sorry.

Guest WldHrtRnch

Maybe not so silly. I live in a National Forest!! Fairly thick big woods not 50-60 feet from the back porch, it certainly gets you to thinking. Reading about those that have them on their property has given me pause, as has the 411 book, although I've not actually read either yet. I have found a couple nice camping spots a couple miles from here, I may go camp and look around there, stop looking out my back door! I am going to need to have someone to accompany me, just riding down these government roads at night is spooky! And a couple miles distance might still be a bit too close for comfort.

Edited by WldHrtRnch

:biggrin: It's lucky that people are waking up & starting to watch out for them!!! Just imaging how many chances they had to get you guys before you started being careful! :spiteful:

Guest VioletX

ah, thanks slick, a nice scary bedtime story!! :unsure:

That is just great Slick trick....after last nights experience I really needed to read this. :fool:

Guest WldHrtRnch

Sas, I've been thinking about that too, if they are here, they are quiet and haven't been noticed. I've been here six years. Not in a highly likely area either, but there are a cluster of sightings not too terribly far. I plotted them on the map to see just how close, lol. And there are some pretty big forests very close, I'm pretty rural. Still not quite certain I want to know, but my interest is peaked now and I will look.

We used to backpack with our kids on springbreak in the Hoosier National Forrest. We would go off trail to this fire pond that was about 5 miles off trail. We never saw BF or anything. In fact at that time I didn't know the HNF had sightings. The last time we went, the thing I remember was at night, it was completely quiet. No animal sounds at all. The whole night I was thinking "Isn't this what happens when BF is Around." Bahaaa. I don't think I would go back again. Im chicken now.