Life Changing

Its definitely changed my life. When I had my Sasquatch encounters I was alone and vulnerable, I had no defense and I knew at any moment it could all be all over. I was pretty numb during the encounter and for some reason wasn't really that scared.When I had a golf ball thrown my way from where they were I actually laughed out loud. Since those events in Florida a few years back I have moved to Washington and live close to some areas where activity has been reported. I haven't had any experiences yet in Wa. but I find myself always looking around for a sign. I haven't so much as had a weird feeling while up here in Wa. When in FL I could literally feel when they were around. The real life changing part for me is that I cant even share with my own family and friends about my exposure to Skunk ape/BF as they think its just ridiculous, so its like having a secret you cant share or you will risk your reputation. The people that I know in life and have shared with outside the internet (this and another forum) have all gotten noticeably uncomfortable and even suggested I might have mild schizophrenia and to go get checked out. So I have learned to just keep my mouth shut about it. I don't do drugs or am i on any prescriptions, antidepressants, nor do I drink. One day perhaps when their existence is proven folks will be more interested in hearing my stories.

It is a certainty that seeing one would be life changing. In my younger days I did a lot of backcountry hiking and camping. I have believed in Bigfoot since childhood but always took some comfort in the fact, I thought it was primarily a PNW thing, although Boggy Creek always scared me. Even without the thought of Bigfoot, every creak and crack at night is enough to make you quit breathing. Today, with all the reports of Bigfoot in the South, I don't know if I could sleep at night in the remote areas. If I had a sighting, that would be the end of my outdoor adventures. Even having never had an encounter, I have aways had recurring nightmares about being chased be Bigfoot.

Going to have another browse through the 'scary BF stories' later. Bizarrely enough an aggressive, threatening BF is more appealing to me than the benign, hair-braiding Bigfoots. Must have watched too many episodes of the Six Million Dollar Man or the 'Boggy Creek' movie!

That is a good question. When I was 15 a had a clear daylight encounter, in which there was zero aggression shown from the bigfoot. I'm 47 now. I still was terrified by the experience but that really did not last long- I avoided the area of the sighting for over a year but went back in the woods fairly soon. TedSallis really kind of nailed one of the main long term impacts it has. It is much more than seeing a very rare and majestic creature in the woods, and it sticks with you. As ThePhaige noted, You know this secret about the world that is really cool. But you keep that secret, because if you discuss it nothing good comes from that. And so like any other big secret, it is a burden as well. In a sense, a sighting instantly turns you into a freak.

Certainly other life moments have been bigger and have even greater impacts- graduating college, the first career job out of state, marriage and birth of my child. But not a week has gone by where I did not reflect on it at least a little. It never leaves you, even as you kind of put it aside to deal with normal life.

The dreams are sure never the same. Looks like LTBF has that covered in advance!

Edited by 1980squatch

BFF Patron

Its definitely changed my life. When I had my Sasquatch encounters I was alone and vulnerable, I had no defense and I knew at any moment it could all be all over. I was pretty numb during the encounter and for some reason wasn't really that scared.When I had a golf ball thrown my way from where they were I actually laughed out loud. Since those events in Florida a few years back I have moved to Washington and live close to some areas where activity has been reported. I haven't had any experiences yet in Wa. but I find myself always looking around for a sign. I haven't so much as had a weird feeling while up here in Wa. When in FL I could literally feel when they were around. The real life changing part for me is that I cant even share with my own family and friends about my exposure to Skunk ape/BF as they think its just ridiculous, so its like having a secret you cant share or you will risk your reputation. The people that I know in life and have shared with outside the internet (this and another forum) have all gotten noticeably uncomfortable and even suggested I might have mild schizophrenia and to go get checked out. So I have learned to just keep my mouth shut about it. I don't do drugs or am i on any prescriptions, antidepressants, nor do I drink. One day perhaps when their existence is proven folks will be more interested in hearing my stories.

Very unfortunate scenario about your friends referring to mental health issues TP but many are uncomfortable about the subject. About that feeling that you could sense when they were around..... what do you think is up with that? Serious question and feel free to PM with an answer if you feel it more appropriate.

For several nights before my sighting it was like stuff was ramping up and there was a huge amount of tension and electricity in the air not to mention eyeglow..... it was very obvious that there was a lead-up to the sighting in my own personal case. I had friends suggest I was mistaken about my sighting and how do you know..... how do you not know at six ft. when they walk at you from 35 ft. away.

And believe me it was life-changing.

About that feeling that you could sense when they were around..... what do you think is up with that? Serious question and feel free to PM with an answer if you feel it more appropriate.

I have heard it referred to as infrasound, I'm really not sure if that is an adequate description though. I have experienced low frequency vocalizations before and none at all and still had that feeling in both/many situations. I think explaining fear or other emotional responses when one is knowingly being stalked by something unknown is natural, however getting this odd set of feelings out of nowhere is just hard to understand or explain. That's about all I'm going to get into on the open forum as your aware but I wanted to respond here generally.