Why Don't Bigfoot Witnesses Stand Together?

Yup, sounds believable as the primary reason for not providing a decent video of the creatures.

Unless you have time and money for the video pursuit, which I will point out many researchers have and are still coming up ''empty'' it's looking like it's not as easy as you assume. The real world ISN'T like a 30 minute reality show with a neatly wrapped up conclusion. :no:

There is no where for witnesses to stand together. No government agency that collects or investigates our witness across all jurisdictions.

Our private attempts to collaborate are mixed, some breaking out like the BFRO in a bigger way that is inclusive of many witness reports. Some provide deeper understanding and a place to share for mainly the long term witnesses (Autumn has contributed here significantly, and others). But, many of the websites don't cater to witnesses at all rather to that group's or individual's pursuits, and those differ wildly.

The science today resides with Dr. Meldrum and even he is not employed because of Bigfoot research, but rather as a Professor in Anthropology. His work is driven by his personal expertise and interest and ability to fund.

And if the reports are true, hiring an independent lab to produce a study has run $400K so far..... I think many are banded together in the Ketchum study and probably have taken this further than most.

Now we have a major institution providing that testing and analysis essentially free to submitters...something is happening, don't you think? Tomorrow the science may reside with Oxford, and then upward!

The status quo is real in law and society and science, it is immobile almost, but when a shift happens it can go from glacial to tidal.... is a good thing, as it provides stability for generations and individuals.

There has to be good reason to disturb it, and history is full of those who were victimized for attempting...but, eventually a tipping point is reached and the new paradigm emerges and the victims become heros, and we somehow keep marching on...and BF witnesses talking....

Also I don't think witnesses, or researchers agree on some essentials about BFs and feel by aligning with one "camp" they limit their mobility among researchers or groups...

Edited by apehuman

Unless you have time and money for the video pursuit, which I will point out many researchers have and are still coming up ''empty'' it's looking like it's not as easy as you assume. The real world ISN'T like a 30 minute reality show with a neatly wrapped up conclusion. :no:

All habituators have the time & money for video pursuit. They don't have to budget for travel or field expenses, they can just film through their kitchen window. The real world isn't like BFF, in the real world extraormdinary claims are backed with evidence which could just as easily be filmed as detailed in a habituating thread. In the real world, extraordinary claims are met with skepticism until proven. In the real world 99% of the extraordinary claims are debunked or the claimant clams up before the claim is put to the test. The claims of habituator's have more in common with the show Finding Bigfoot than the real world - where else can you claim publicly to "know" something about bigfoot and not only not prove it but provide no evidence?

How does BF threaten the staus quo in any meaningful way? I really don't get that argument at all. I don't believe in BF, but that has nothing to do with my desire to swaddle myself in the cushy, warm comfort of the staus quo. I don't think society is going to crumble if BF turns out to be real. I just don't happen to be compelled enough by the evidence to date to believe.

Sorry for the minor thread derail.

A simple answer that will stay within the bounds of the rules for Open Forum: ask yourself who would be harmed economically if BF were recognized and you'll have a large part of the answer. Add in those whose idiologies are challenged by the idea of another arguably sentient life form on Earth and you're 85-90% the way to a full answer. The other 10-15% have varying motives.

ncbfsearch because there is simply no upside to it. Who in their ''right mind'' wants to risk future employment, trespassers, and the hundreds of inane questions aside from being your localities laughingstock?

My friend reported to the BFRO once and almost got fired after the researcher assigned to the case contacted his employer.

There is a STRONG social stigma against BF witnesses.

On the OP: for whatever reason, BF witnesses haven't hit the "harm threshold" that seems to be the critical mass limit for the formation of what you are calling for (basically "support groups"). The only ones I know of in the field of phenomenology are related to alleged UFO abductees and/or those reporting severely negative encounters with negative non-physical entities. In both cases, the groups are VERY private and don't advertise their existence much for obvious reasons.

And I have to admit, I don't use any form of my real name... because potential employers could see it and not hire me because it is too "woo woo" for them.

Guest COGrizzly

Shucks, i openly talk about it with my boss (whom I've become friends with) and other co-workers openly. They all have open minds. My direct boss has a Biology major and we talk about a lot of things actually. I even talk about it with my family. But I've just seen huge tracks and will be skeptical until I see one.

That's why my nickname (only to a few) is Benfoot.

Lots of "eyewitnesses" make up their stories. You can often weed these ones out just by reading carefully.

Or even not so carefully. As soon as a sighting states that person was out 'squatching' I quickly move on.

Such a Sad State of affairs if someone is minding their own business and driving down the road or whatever and out of sheer bad luck an unknown creature steps in their vision and scares them enough to tell others and gets fired, ridiculed, or both. The CFO of the large corporation in Orlando I think was a brave guy to report his swamp ape and juvenile. I imagine one could investigate enough and either lawfully or unlawfully find his identity and blackmail him with the info. But people do have a lot to lose I guess. To some it just may not be worth it to come forward with the rest of the unambiguous encounters.

I talk about it at work constantly, I've never had anyone act negative about it, in any way, and I'm in the Bible belt. Polls consistantly show a fair amount of belief among the general population.

Because it won't change anything. <?>

Yeah, Skeptics will still dismiss them as being either stupid, kooks, or hoaxers.

Shucks, i openly talk about it with my boss (whom I've become friends with) and other co-workers openly. They all have open minds. My direct boss has a Biology major and we talk about a lot of things actually. I even talk about it with my family. But I've just seen huge tracks and will be skeptical until I see one.

That's why my nickname (only to a few) is Benfoot.

Then you're lucky.

Or even not so carefully. As soon as a sighting states that person was out 'squatching' I quickly move on.

So anyone who is looking automatically loses their credibility...interesting...

For at least 30 years I have told family,friends and co-workers that when I get rich I'm going on a full time quest for Bigfoot. As far as I know, they all think I'm sane and continue to hang out and talk to me.

You can see what happens when you put a group of Bigfoot witnesses together, you get flesh and blood, you get UFO, you get 4th Dimension believers all together, unless of course you are going to police WHICH KIND of Bigfoot witness you are going to allow. Of course the best stories are the 4th Dimension Bigfoot Witnesses, with their trips to the center of Mars and all that, but the Flesh and Bloods think of them as 'Kooks' so how are you going to have a peaceful get together when the media is of course going to focus on the really fringe stories?

Edited by Drew