The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Guest BartloJays

No you are insinuating fraud. Since you are saying she took money from people who donated it for a to recieve a tax deduction.

You have no proof if the Money given to Melba much like the people give to BFRO or if they were expecting a tax write off. So until you provide proof of that you are making false assumtions on how the money was given to her.

You are also confusing the current Organization with her DNA Lab. The money given to her to do the work for the DNA test was given to her and the Lab the lab is not a non-profit Lab.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about as you have no intimate relationship, or ANY relationship with any of the parties involved and are merely spitting out contrarian points of view to be argumentative which anyone can do all day long. Njjohn doesn't need to provide proof of anything with regards to personal transactions (and shouldn't) that could potentially yield consequences for a party involved from a legal standpoint.

Discussing for-profit and or non-profit status of Ketchum's entities is not a big deal, but as a private individual, Wally should be entitled to some privacy here unless of course, or until....there's future repercussions from those transactions that become public information. As leisureclass stated, the discussion should be in regards to public claims and appropriate registration that matches those claims.

BTW, Tyler just released an article I think some of you interested in the "science," might find interesting and or educational.

http://www.sierrasit...hum-26.html?m=1

Edited by AaronD
to remove comment on mod action

Cassie Mullins or ( cath McMillan) just can't get there head around it, Cass are you just repeating what you have been told buy other parties

I have different means of getting a search outside of internet and goggle. Try marshadna.arrg.org Smells not like an architect to me.

I think the correct link you meant to post is http://marshdna.arrrg.org/

How does that link make you think he is not an architecht (or anything more than an "enthusiastic amateur geneologist, if that is what you are implying)?

Yeah, that's just his family genealogy page.

I did a simple search....using Goggle this time....Alister John Marsh + architect...there is no hits. Use the name + Bigfoot. Plenty of hits. Take out the Alister and you get plenty of hits for John Marsh the architect.

For example, I can type my name (first and last) in Goggle and it comes up that I'm a architect and priest, biochemical engineer, doctor and all sorts of other interests. But added my middle name.....a different story is revealed.

So I don't trust to much just doing a simple search. I had recently a incident where a busybody, nosy sewer trap spewer of the female gender;type my name in a data base for criminals....and it pop up....along with about 60 other same names......she zero in on one....a Murderer. She was trying to get my wife fired as a care giver, just so she could take over the wifes position. The outcome was not favorable to this person....it cost her several thousand dollars in damages.

...sorry for getting off track, but it sort of goes alone with name searches and knee slap beliefs,

I posted links a few pages back showing that an A. J. Marsh who lives at the same address as the A.J. Marsh on the Marsh DNA pages is an architect. I can't speak to the claim that he's a landscape architect, given that the information I found only said architect.

Note: Same name, same address. No mention of Jr., Sr., or other suffix to indicate that there are two AJ Marshes living at that address. That's pretty good evidence it's the same guy.

If you think he's a geneticist - prove it, with verifiable information.

Back on track, just remember that I made no assumptions or claims about her actions. I just posted what she did. You can look up the business registration in Texas. It is registered as a for-profit LLC. You can look up the IRS listing for non-profits. Her website here claims non-profit status.

You are the only one who has insinuated fraud. I never have. If her actions brought you to believe it was fraud, based on what I just wrote how it is currently setup, what does that say? And if like you say, she has applied, than she should be able to provide proof to make your claims of fraud go away.

No you are insinuating fraud. Since you are saying she took money from people who donated it for a to recieve a tax deduction.

You have no proof if the Money given to Melba much like the people give to BFRO or if they were expecting a tax write off. So until you provide proof of that you are making false assumtions on how the money was given to her.

You are also confusing the current Organization with her DNA Lab. The money given to her to do the work for the DNA test was given to her and the Lab the lab is not a non-profit Lab.

No, he is not confusing her lab with the foundation. The foundation is registered as a for-profit company. IT IS A LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY THAT CAN PAY DIVIDENDS TO ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AND SHAREHOLDERS. IT IS NOT A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION. THE 501C3 STATUS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ITS REGISTRATION AS A FOR-PROFIT VENTURE! THE TAX DEDUCTIBILITY OF ITS DONATIONS IS IRRELEVANT!

OK, the "Who Is" info on John Marsh's site is:Domain ID:D94406934-LRORDomain Name:ARRRG.ORGCreated On:04-Feb-2003 04:33:51 UTCLast Updated On:30-Jun-2012 07:10:26 UTCExpiration Date:04-Feb-2014 04:33:51 UTCSponsoring Registrar:Melbourne IT, Ltd (R52-LROR)Status:OKRegistrant ID:10687083152630Registrant Name:Benjamin J MarshRegistrant Street1:26 Highcrest Heights NOTE THE ADDRESSRegistrant Street2:Registrant Street3:Registrant City:ChristchurchRegistrant State/Province:SIRegistrant Postal Code:08002Registrant Country:NZFrom: http://whitepages.co.nz/w/100063577/Marsh Alister John & Rae0-3-338 060026 Highcrest Hts AGAIN, NOTE ADDRESSWestmorland Christchurch 8025Then, on http://www.hera.co.n...Company_id=6724A J Marsh: Architect A J Marsh: Architect Westmorland Christchurch CANTERBURY 8025 New Zealand A J Marsh: Architect 26 Highcrest Heights AGAIN, NOTE ADDRESS Westmorland Christchurch CANTERBURYNew Zealand

And it's a substantial amount of data. Like I said, he's done a lot of good work on his family's DNA.
Yeah, it looks like he is just a VERY well self-educated hobbyist on the subject. He took over the family project after someone else passed away in 2003. On the project's main page, he identifies himself as Project Administrator, and describes the project as being led by "amateur genealogists." Then under 5) Frequently Asked Questions, he says: "The Project Administrator is not an "expert" on all aspects of DNA... "I also found Facebook pages for him, his wife and son, Benjamin, in whose name the arrrg.org domain is registered. They might have a second son, Alister. I couldn't make such a strong connection there, though.Seems to me that Dr. Ketchum would want someone who IS an "expert." Again, I was really hoping her mtDNA data could be rescued from this mess. Her sample submitters deserve that.

I apologize for my horribly unattractive post above!!! I had it all formatted so nice and clear, and when I attempted to edit it, it just got worse!!! :o

Guest njjohn

I still hope something can be recovered from the data. But her saying there is nothing more, while the paper says otherwise just makes me shake my head. Troy said a lot about other things, which I won't divulge because we agreed to keep it off-the-record, but they didn't seem to understand why people thought there was more. There's a disconnect there, and only they can fix it.

When I had my family web site up (for nearly a decade), in "front," it had a few utility pages and a

lot of old photos; in the "back" were an number of index pages. The main body of the site consisted

of over 800 family group sheets. Many of the pages were documented, quoting public record sources

to show how I knew what I published about my ancestors and their various descendants.

Can you folks call me a geneticist now?

"Oonjerah, self-trained Geneticist and qualified Dr. of Genealogy will now prove the existence

of Bigfoot using only the 1850 U.S. Federal Census ... lemme see now, where did I put that?"

"Oonjerah is now open to peer review papers on studies in genetics. But please don't bother to

send the DNA data; I can't read it. ... Oh, the paper doesn't need any data? Cool!"

Right.

There HAS to be more data. Everything I've read says that ONE genome requires 750 megabytes, and there certainly was that not much info in the paper.

That doesn't make any sense. :rtfm:

Oh, I am pretty certain there is... but it will be coming out in the next paper. At this rate (2.7mbp of 3gbp), we can expect ~1000 papers to bewilder us all.

I can hardly wait! I wonder if the number of bytes needed to store this thread will exceed the amount of data?

No you are insinuating fraud.

And you surely have proof of this allegation, correct? This is a pretty slanderous, and literal statement.

I'm not sure why people keep trolling the people who are investigating facts, and attacking them about issues that are apples and oranges. Melba's entourage seem to struggle with the emotional attacks, instead of using fact-based arguments. Melba should just address the issues instead of coaching people up on what to say to the 'haters' and naysayers. Her antics are pathetic, and ridiculous.

I still hope something can be recovered from the data. But her saying there is nothing more, while the paper says otherwise just makes me shake my head. Troy said a lot about other things, which I won't divulge because we agreed to keep it off-the-record, but they didn't seem to understand why people thought there was more. There's a disconnect there, and only they can fix it.

I thought it was Troy that said there was nothing more. I think he has a limited understanding of what data is claimed and what was presented. He's not a submitter and I wouldn't have expected him to have knowledge of what data was retrieved from the samples, to have any training in biology, or to have extensive inside knowledge of the findings since only submitters ,benefactors, coauthors and contracted labs would be under an NDA and have that knowledge. While he might have been appointed to deal with questions directed at Ketchum, I think that is unfortunate for obvious reasons.

Did he even mention whether he had read the paper and had access to it?

Guest njjohn

He was relaying questions and delivering answers from her. He was the middleman, he wasn't just answering for himself. And some of the other responses to other queries verified this for me. I believe she said it herself in the c2c interview as well, but i'd have to go back and listen to it again.

BFF Patron

.... I wonder if the number of bytes needed to store this thread will exceed the amount of data?

I'm pretty sure that is part of the plan----going out to buy my 3TB drives to keep up with the Ketchum study post-haste (NOT), lol.

Edited by bipedalist

A new posting on Dr. Ketchum, DVM's facebook page:

Dr. Melba Ketchum · 1,585 like this

26 minutes ago ·

To those that arent finding all the data in the paper:

The data is with the paper. It is in the Supplemental data files that can be downloaded with the paper. It gives the sequences that we used in the paper. The entire 3 terabytes of whole genome data is impossible to put out with the paper but we gave all of the sequence data we used in the paper. GenBank wouldn't take it when first sent to them. So we just provided what we used in the paper.

Dr. Melba Ketchum

11 minutes ago

Furthermore, we do have the entire dataset farmed out for independent evaluation but that takes time. 3 terabytes is a huge amount of data and just scratching the surface can take months.