The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

@Cath

They did ask questions of Smeja regarding the samples (page 4, question 12 and 13):

http://bigfooteviden...-polygraph.html

I find in viewing the results (documents) of the polography, that question # 17 should be an area of interest. Specifically, when did he suspect that there was a human in a bear suit? Was it just prior to shooting (which raises allot of questions) or after he pulled the twigger.

Guest thermalman

I, for one, find it hard to derive any conclusion from the insufficient data that's been released thus far, and find it amusing that so many other's have come to a critical conclusion, (mostly personal of Melba and not so much the data) in their minds.

Seriously, how can anyone come to a conclusion of any sort, based on the minimal information that's been released? It's mostly hypothetical and presumptuous thinking at best, by the general public.

Edited by thermalman

For me the Journal is not an issue for me. Big deal she purchased a small journal and published it for her self.

Heck I would have done the same thing if she was running into stuff.

I mean none of these bigfoot forums or blogs or websites are all real "science" are they?

Guest thermalman

@ cath No they're not. So why all the "hype" about Melba and her minimal findings thus far? There is really nothing to conclude yet.

Edited by thermalman

Oh I have a question:

The sample Justin submitted it says they cut pieces and salted and stuff of the others.

It was known Justin Hunted Bear Did he also eat Bear meat. If so was the knives in his house as well as the one he cut the samples with tested and sealed as evidence?

This could also be why bear showed up no?

If he has been regularly cutting the Bear steaks.

Word on the street is she created the small Journal a week or 2 before she bought the same small journal and renamed it DeNovo.

@ cath No they're not. So why all the "hype" about Melba and her minimal findings thus far, which haven't been released yet? There is really nothing to conclude yet.

I don't know why I am willing to wait.

I mean lets be honest here. Melba has more knowledge in DNA than Justin and Bart.

Word on the street is she created the small Journal a week or 2 before she bought the same small journal and renamed it DeNovo.

So??

I believe she did it because she heard a rumor that a new DNA paper was in progress and was being presented soon.

but big deal look at all the Bigfoot sights that pop up when we have small groups working together on the evidence they have.

again big deal she purchased a journal and rushed the site together.

There's nothing wrong with the idea theoretically, it would be a new branch of primate not from the existing hominid or ape "root stock" that convergently evolved towards homo sufficiently to interbreed.

15000 years ago? In enough places to interbreed with humans from all over the world? Might as well say aliens dropped these special creatures off to breed with humans in 4 different places, and then they let them walk across some Greenland migration route, that no one knows about.

Guest thermalman

Absolutely cath. Melba is the geneticist scientist here, not any of us. (as far as I know, apologies in advanced if I'm wrong on that).

Edited by thermalman

Oh I have a question:

The sample Justin submitted it says they cut pieces and salted and stuff of the others.

It was known Justin Hunted Bear Did he also eat Bear meat. If so was the knives in his house as well as the one he cut the samples with tested and sealed as evidence?

This could also be why bear showed up no?

If he has been regularly cutting the Bear steaks.

Near as I can tell - Melba never asked for anything from Justin but the sample itself. But I believe (correct me if I am wrong someone) but Didn't Melba say she tested from a specific part of the sample - a place where she felt it would not be easy for the sample to be contaminated? Or something like that..

I mean lets be honest here. Melba has more knowledge in DNA than Justin and Bart.

So, you think the Trent lab is wrong? I think it's interesting that some would consider Justin, Bart and Tyler being apart of some mass conspiracy to confuse Melba and her testing .. To what end? So they could drop money at another lab?? Actually 2 ?

Guest thermalman

Do we have data from the Trent lab Melissa, that we can compare the insufficient results from Melba's lab with?

Edited by thermalman

I, for one, find it hard to derive any conclusion from the insufficient data that's been released thus far, and find it amusing that so many other's have come to a critical conclusion, (mostly personal of Melba and not so much the data) in their minds.

Seriously, how can anyone come to a conclusion of any sort, based on the minimal information that's been released? It's mostly hypothetical and presumptuous thinking at best, by the general public.

My criticism is based on the fact that she is misstating what a Phred score means. At best, she is ignorant of what Q30 actually represents. At worst, she is being intentionally dishonest in an attempt to bolster her findings and/or try to maximize profit. Either way, being wrong on something that basic calls everything else into serious question. Note that I am speaking only to her work on the paper, and not to the decisions regarding the journal or any of the other ethical controversies in which she's been embroiled.

Moreover, with regards to the data that has been released, it's come up as bear, consistent with Trent University's results. All in all, it points to a deeply flawed or deeply dishonest study.

Thank you for your thought. Your point that with regard the the insufficient data - this is EXACTLY why this would, should, NEVER have been published in a recognized journal. But again, on what was released, a good bit of it does not make any biological sense.

Guest thermalman

@ leisureclass "My criticism is based on the fact that she is misstating what a Phred score means. At best, she is ignorant of what Q30 actually represents."

Where does one find that data?