Rick Dyer Again (Continued)

Guest Admin

Yes I believe this film was shot during the first sighting

No Sighting and no killing. This segment was shot as part of a documentary to show how people who hoax bigfoot sightings accomplish it.

. Stop Defending him.

I'm not defending him....I'm saying his story is true. If it is, executing an innocent creature it's a dastardly thing to do.

Edited by ronn1

I hope you don't take this as an insult JackiLB - but if I ever get into any trouble with this community - I would like to hire you to handle the drama. You really should consider a job in Public Relations. :) LOL.

If I ever find myself victim of a random Zebra hoaxing, I will just go to my local zoo to remind me what a real Zebra looks like. Where is the zoo that has a Saquatch?

With that kind of thinking you will always be closed minded to the subject. True researches actually look at the evidence and try to disprove what they see. but once you have eliminated all the possibilities the only thing left is the truth. Most of us always look at the evidence with an open mind first assuming that we are looking at a possible hoax, forgery, fake etc. once you eliminate those possibilities your left with solid evidence of their existance. Thats what good research is all about. True there are some researchers who believe anything they see and hear i.e. a Sasquatch behind every tree syndrome. Those are a select few Please dont lump everyone researching this into that one steryotype

Edited by adam2323

I hope you don't take this as an insult JackiLB - but if I ever get into any trouble with this community - I would like to hire you to handle the drama. You really should consider a job in Public Relations. :) LOL.

LOL Well most of the time I am a quiet artist but sometimes I can be :girlwerewolf:

As bizzar as this may sound..I'm going to take the contrarian point of view. I think it's less likely for Dyer to try and pull off another HOAX...especially after the much publicised apology in 08. Just think about it and put yourself in his shoes...do you really think you would venture AGAIN in trying another hoax after taking a drubbing by the public opinion and then apologizing? Would you subject yourself to another beating and castigation by the public? I don' think anyone in their right mind would do so (no he's not insane) and think they could get away with it...not to mention the consequences. He KNEW he would get a LOT of flack this time around by coming forward with this story, yet he did so. In spite of his *ego*, I don't think he's a glutton for punishment. I still maintain, on balance, he has NOTHING TO GAIN in pulling off another hoax a LOT to lose.

Think hard about what you just said, then explain the 2009 hoax, and two others in 2011. Nothing to gain, yet just sold out another expedition for $10-12,000. Nope, nothing to gain at all. It wasn't likely he'd try again after 2008, but he has, 3 other times not including this one. He seems to do exactly what you say would make no sense to you...

House of Cards is falling down...

I just got an email from someone that, if true...

What if Rick Dyer is doing a promotional hoax for the opening of the movie? Perhaps the movie is covering all aspects of the search for Bigfoot, including the hoaxers.

Guest VioletX

VioletX: Patty?

....and then there are the thousands of reports of people who got rocks thrown at them, roared at, trees pushed down, etc.

I don't think the Sasquatch people are always afraid of us. Sometimes, they seem to understand quite well that we're afraid of them.

Well put.

Think hard about what you just said, then explain the 2009 hoax, and two others in 2011. Nothing to gain, yet just sold out another expedition for $10-12,000. Nope, nothing to gain at all. It wasn't likely he'd try again after 2008, but he has, 3 other times not including this one. He seems to do exactly what you say would make no sense to you...

I felt bad for people who were taken in after the 2008 hoax... It will be said to see that happen again - but this is what - hoax #4. I think your outlook is good Ronn - use it as a learning experience but I hope you don't allow yourself to be taken in for the 5th hoax... It really bothers many of us to see good people be hurt - when it doesn't need to happen.

Guest VioletX

What if Rick Dyer is doing a promotional hoax for the opening of the movie? Perhaps the movie is covering all aspects of the search for Bigfoot, including the hoaxers.

Where have you been Psyschroom? That is so 5o pgs ago.... :lol:

That Minnow hoaxing about a hoaxer theory is just about as involved as the non-hoax theory IMO.

Edited by VioletX

Is that the gist of the email or is there more you're not saying?

We already know that hoaxing will be part of the movie in some way since they chose RD of all people to be in it.

Edited by Belmar

Well...I'm not budging from my position. Unless Derek is precluded from confirmation (or validates a fake) or Musky is debunked...I'll take it all the way to the end.

This is hoax #5. 2008 - body on ice, 2009 claim of body....months later stolen by MIB's. 2011 claim of permit to get body in Canada, another claim of original 2008 body taken by MIB's and photo that he released from his expedition that when caught he claimed he was hoaxed lol. I don't count the MiB claim of original body to be a hoax since it's his usual pattern of just changing the story.

• Upvote 1

This is hoax #5. 2008 - body on ice, 2009 claim of body....months later stolen by MIB's. 2011 claim of permit to get body in Canada, another claim of original 2008 body taken by MIB's and photo that he released from his expedition that when caught he claimed he was hoaxed lol. I don't count the MiB claim of original body to be a hoax since it's his usual pattern of just changing the story.

This should be a sticky within this thread!