Hand To Hand Combat

Guest alex

That's an interesting story treeknocker. What were the circumstances of him telling you about it. Did he specifically mention it was bf or did you assume it?

There have been reports of children playing with hairy friends in the woods that didnt say much. Can't remember where i came accross them right now, maybe BRFO.

At the time megatarsal I did not take it serious and I did not meet anyone else who did. It was a phone call and I spent as much time as I could on the phone with anyone anywhere who had a possible link to anything even remotely suggestive of the subject matter. Yes it was alledgedly a bf. Well aware of the reports of children playing with them but personally I am very limited in talking to those folks.. if you come up with some I would like to see them. Thanks. I remember in John Greens book Apes Among Us he talked about a Florida situation about a family like that.. the adult female would let her kid play with a child whose yard came up to the swampland. I suspect the children across the nation have some surprises for us that we may never hear for so many reasons lol.

Guest Lesmore

As Bigfoot is allegedly very large, larger than any human, with correspondingly more strength...do I think even a large human could 'take down' BF ?

A resounding no.

It would be like trying to wrestle down an adult Bear...Clack...Grizzly...Polar...take your pick. I n fact i would say it would be.... exactly....like trying to fight an adult bear...as chances are this maybe what BF is misidentified as....and to take into consideration that BF may be extant....a BF.

I don't think many...even some regular members on this forum...realize how fast and powerful large mammals are. I also don't think they realize that most large mammals...even the hoofed variety have more weapons at the ready then we do. Even the hoofed variety have sharp hooves, the ability to deliver a wrenching kick, horns to gore with....yes, we have our brains and lucky for us...guns, hunting knives, etc.

But in a mano et beast contest, sans any weapons except for those God given ones...we're at a sore (pun intended) disadvantage.

Would have loved to have seen the late Gov./Gen. Wade Hampton go at it with Biggie......he had a reputation for taking black bears with knife in hand and survived a saber slash across the forehead at Gettysburg putting him down for a couple days. They don't make hombres like that anymore.

"They" do make them like that today. The Navy Seals, Delta Force, Green Berets, and an (unknown?) force Re-con from some service branch. These *men* serve without recognition, and put their lives on the line daily for us.

I remember watching TV when the news camera's caught Navy Seals infiltrating onto a beach. The Seals were prepared to fight, not to give a news conference. It was too funny!

They were all in black wet suits, had weapons everywhere, and were greeted by female newscasters... :blink: They did not kill anyone on camera.. Yikes Twice!

Susiq2

NavySEAL thanks you for your post.

NS

My family is Navy, we are from the coast of Virgina, My family was navy all the way, however, My son made a careful decision which branch of the military to join. He very calmly explained to me that he did not want to fly jet planes, he was not particularly excited about taking ships to a war site, so he decided to join the army. God's truth. That is why he is in armor in the army. He fired the tank gun, and he was hooked. I can only hold my head up because he did graduate from West Point. All of my Navy family must be turning over in their graves. At least I am secretly happy when Navy beats Army...

:wub: Thank you for your service to America. :wub:

Are you still active duty, retired, or just home on leave?

Retired.

Viet Nam two tours.

Good on your son, tankers are born not made,one of my team mates got out of the navy and went into the army just so he could command a tank, loved ever minute of it. Something about shooting that big gun while going 30mph.

Be very proud, not many mothers can say that their son is West Point grad.

NS

Retired.

Viet Nam two tours.

Good on your son, tankers are born not made,one of my team mates got out of the navy and went into the army just so he could command a tank, loved ever minute of it. Something about shooting that big gun while going 30mph.

Be very proud, not many mothers can say that their son is West Point grad.

NS

Thank you Navy Seal. I am honored that I was blessed with him as my child. He always had a thoughtful considering look and attitude about him, like he was 20 yo when he was born. He chose to be in the army, came home on 9/11 and calmly told us that he was joining the army. Thankfully he did finish high school, and was accepted to West Point, and graduated in '08. He does like his tanks, but is in some different type of vehicle that can be driven in sandy areas at this time. He is stationed in Texas. :wub: He is a wonderful son.I am so very thankful for him being a part of our lives.

Thank you for your service during Viet Nam. I lost friends over there, and the ones who survived were never the same. :( I've never been able to go to the wall, even when part of it came thru our town.

Guest wood4004

All I can say to the aspect of hand to hand combat with a Sasquatch is I don't think so. I remember a wrestler named Andre the Giant, similar in size to Sas, and very few were able to take him down with there hands. I think the smart ones jumped out of the ring and ran for their life. Interesting thought though and something we have to all think about when in the woods.

Wade

Guest wood4004

Thank you Navy Seal. I am honored that I was blessed with him as my child. He always had a thoughtful considering look and attitude about him, like he was 20 yo when he was born. He chose to be in the army, came home on 9/11 and calmly told us that he was joining the army. Thankfully he did finish high school, and was accepted to West Point, and graduated in '08. He does like his tanks, but is in some different type of vehicle that can be driven in sandy areas at this time. He is stationed in Texas. :wub: He is a wonderful son.I am so very thankful for him being a part of our lives.

Thank you for your service during Viet Nam. I lost friends over there, and the ones who survived were never the same. :( I've never been able to go to the wall, even when part of it came thru our town.

I just wanted to add something to this post. America needs to always remember her Vets. I served in the Army and when I was getting ready to go to Iraq I was discharged medically. Many Vets suffer daily with wounds that are unseen. I am lucky to have a VA medical center close by. Many vets don't have this opportunity. I thank all in this post for serving, I salute each and everyone. For our fallen I also salute and shed a proud tear for their ultimate devotion to the Stars and Stripes. God Bless and May America always be Free!!

Wade

Guest Lesmore

All I can say to the aspect of hand to hand combat with a Sasquatch is I don't think so. I remember a wrestler named Andre the Giant, similar in size to Sas, and very few were able to take him down with there hands. I think the smart ones jumped out of the ring and ran for their life. Interesting thought though and something we have to all think about when in the woods.

Wade

Saw Andre wrestle...what you say, was the case.

Portland Wrestling every Saturday night. It was an EVENT at our house. We got to stay up late and everything. Most times there would be popcorn.

andre-the-giant-ali.jpg

He was 7'4" tall. That seems to be a pretty standard height for the big guy.

If Muhammad Ali seems nervous in this pic against a human, you can be sure I ain't going to try to wrassle a big guy.

Guest krakatoa
If this creature charged you, do you think its possible to take it down just with your bare hands?

Is that an African, or a European bigfoot?

Is that an African, or a European bigfoot?

..and where did it get a coconut from?

You guys are just too funny, and too bad to boot!