Bait Stations/feeding Stations: Best Food To Use?

Guest mizzousquatchn

Guest ajciani

looked it over and he had a slit down the back as if someone was looking inside for something.

Hmm... You sure you aren't feeding your local pot grow? I mean, they might have taken it because they thought *something* was in it, and slit it open with a knife?

Paint, if the cat was bleeding out its mouth and nose, then it was definitely bleeding internally, possibly having been crushed.

Now for the disturbing report. In Maryland during the summer of 2009, there was an incident in the White Plains area in which a woman found five dead kittens in her barn, laid out in a half-circle, with one of the kittens ripped in two. In her field, she observed a boy-sized chimp-like creature running away, mostly in 4x4 mode, but it did pick up and go on 2 legs.

There was also a weird incident around my suburban neighborhood. The cherished cat of a neighbor vanished (I found out 2 weeks after it did). About the time that it vanished, my cats acted very strange one evening. They normally would sit under the curtains and look out the sliding door, but that evening they were agitated. They acted almost as if they wanted to look out the door, but were afraid to do so. I figured it was just some raccoon or possum. After I found out about the missing cat, I took a look around my yard to see if there was any sign of it (my yard was on its nightly route). I found two things out of the ordinary. A piece of rabbit fur behind some bushes in the back, and a swipe on the top corner of a motorcycle trailer, as if someone with a giant hand had grabbed it briefly and rubbed off the crud.

The Legend of Boggy Creek opens with a cat being crushed to death.

So I would suggest making sure that your kitties have a secure place to retreat into, and multiple access points into it. Or, let them out in the day, and bring them in at night (and have a secure place they can retreat to if you couldn't bring them in). You see, human contact familiarizes them with the human form, so they might even walk up to and rub the legs of a biggie.

Cervelo, glad to hear that you didn't get bit by the ****. One thing I dread is rabid animals, lol. Also it was my husband that saw the thing behind the wolf pen not me, cam is currently set in that location with some of their food, the dog that's kept in with the wolves barked all night but the wolves never sounded off so it was probably just a possum or **** messing with the dog food.

TK & Sunflower, I try to rationalyze the odd stuff, the white kitten found in the feed room, I thought maybe one of the horses may have stepped on it but in the condition it was in, it didn't appear that way. The white kitten was "clean", no sign of a possible hoof mark or any indication that it was forced down into the ground by the weight of a 1000lb horse hoof, also the paddock is a good 100 ft from the feed room.

Marco, the black cat found in the water barrel still to this day is the most disturbing. I honestly don't think the cat "drowned", I really believed at that time that he was allready dead due to the condition I found him in, and I hate to think this, but I think he "was put" into the barrel afterward.

So I have to agree with you that the two cats were probably stepped on but "not" by my horses. The horses were "my" only explanation but doesn't and still doesn't make sense. Don't like to think about the visual.

Hmm... You sure you aren't feeding your local pot grow? I mean, they might have taken it because they thought *something* was in it, and slit it open with a knife?

Paint, if the cat was bleeding out its mouth and nose, then it was definitely bleeding internally, possibly having been crushed.

Now for the disturbing report. In Maryland during the summer of 2009, there was an incident in the White Plains area in which a woman found five dead kittens in her barn, laid out in a half-circle, with one of the kittens ripped in two. In her field, she observed a boy-sized chimp-like creature running away, mostly in 4x4 mode, but it did pick up and go on 2 legs.

There was also a weird incident around my suburban neighborhood. The cherished cat of a neighbor vanished (I found out 2 weeks after it did). About the time that it vanished, my cats acted very strange one evening. They normally would sit under the curtains and look out the sliding door, but that evening they were agitated. They acted almost as if they wanted to look out the door, but were afraid to do so. I figured it was just some raccoon or possum. After I found out about the missing cat, I took a look around my yard to see if there was any sign of it (my yard was on its nightly route). I found two things out of the ordinary. A piece of rabbit fur behind some bushes in the back, and a swipe on the top corner of a motorcycle trailer, as if someone with a giant hand had grabbed it briefly and rubbed off the crud.

The Legend of Boggy Creek opens with a cat being crushed to death.

So I would suggest making sure that your kitties have a secure place to retreat into, and multiple access points into it. Or, let them out in the day, and bring them in at night (and have a secure place they can retreat to if you couldn't bring them in). You see, human contact familiarizes them with the human form, so they might even walk up to and rub the legs of a biggie.

*****OKAY, I'm curious about the above report with the chimp-like creature in Maryland. Is that a report you took or is there a link to it????? It's reports like this that make me question the stuff that we have experienced here. I haven't read that report and I spent hours googling searches for "chimp-like" animal bigfoot reports, I found a few but not that one with the kittens. What happened to my cats fell into a time frame when I got what appears to be a chimp-like image on one of our cams, the image was captured just a few feet "behind my feed room". The cam was set there because we wanted to see what was actually getting the cats and chickens, my husband decided for us to set the cam in that location because of a game trail that led up from the woods and up ( there's a drop off) onto the property behind the feed room. We were expecting to get a pic of a fox, yotee or the other native stuff but got a pic of something else. My avatar is a cropped version of the original pic inverted. When I had posted the pic on the old bff I was told it was one of my birds, lol.

Also my squatching partner that lives in Oklahoma went through a time frame window where several cats were found dead on her and her neighbors property. One was "skinned" and another had to be re-buried 2 or 3 times only to be found back up at the homes. When she gets a chance to get on the internet I'll ask her to post it in her own words.

*****Sorry to get this thread off topic, but the kitten reports hit a nerve.

BFF Patron

I tried using a hanging peach basket with some fruit (pears, apples, etc.) and also some bread soaked in molasses to see what I could attract. As far as I could tell I only succeeded in fattening up the raccoons in this segment of the video. Linked the video over to the Bigfoot vision thread:

Guest Cervelo

Paint,

When your get a chance do some research on chimps. They are not what most media depict. They are in my opinion the most "human" of all primates. The violence they are capable of and the parts of any body they target is horrific and I'm not talking about the stuff you see on tv. This is the stuff they do to each other and their prey documented in the wild. But just like they aren't going to show Mr. Polar bear chowing down on the baby seal. They aren't going to let you know how they do exactly what your friend saw with the skinning incident. They use their finger nails as knives, I realize it's all their natural behavior but if I every run across a chimp thats been turned loose I will be shooting first and asking questions later!

ajciani and Cervelo,

First, I'm 100% sure there are no pot growers out there where I go. And, it didn't look like a knife or scissor cut. It was slit but very jagged edges and dry. Besides would a pot grower open it and put it back? I find that even stranger than what I'm fairly certain of who is doing this.

Cheers!

Guest Bigfoot Proof

Since we have no way of knowing if our crappy processed, fatty and greasy foods, or chocolate could be highly toxic or to a SAS like chocolate is to a dog, (and we already KNOW what their diet in the wild consists of) this is what their stomach enzymes can 'properly' process, wouldn't it make the best sense to offer them nonfat and non-processed goodies?

There are natural substitutes with a sweet tasting effect like natural honey over apple slices, or natural berry bars.

Their well being should be OUR fist priority.

Guest ajciani

*****OKAY, I'm curious about the above report with the chimp-like creature in Maryland.

When I had posted the pic on the old bff I was told it was one of my birds, lol.

First Paint, your avatar looks like a chimp-type animal holding one of your birds.

The Maryland incident was reported in the papers as a chupa-loopa, or whatever that animal is the Puerto Ricans and Mexicans made up to throw the Feds off of their drug dealings. The incident was investigated by a member of the Enigma Project, who personally told me what he discovered. The newspaper accounts of the incident were horribly inaccurate, as is often the case with newspaper accounts.

• 1 month later...
Guest BuzzardEater

I saw a Mother/Son pair in a populated area near a botanical dump. Also nearby, an old quarry and potato fields. All are gone, now, but I think the botanical dump was key. Here, the city allowed free dumping of farm/garden wastes resulting in huge piles of rotting pumpkins, potatoes and the like.

Guest young sasqua

as far as kfc , you just caught me!! now i have to go drive 5 miles thanks. apples definete. but ive read alot of sighting reports that have the witness just getting done cooking hot dogs on an open fire. and that seemed to work for me as i had a very large visiter one night after hot dogs. no sighting but a very loud hrumpf and two loud stomps the silence . i cant explain what else that could have been

Guest ajciani

I have heard that bigfoots like sweet feed. They apparently will even open up the barn door and the feed barrel to get at it.

I have also heard that bigfoots like slaughter house scraps. Just leave a pile lying around for them (and every other meat eating thing out there).

The biggest problem is that bigfoots apparently have some idea as to what a trap looks like. I would suggest no recording devices at first, just to see if the bait starts getting taken. Then make small changes. Hide any cameras well enough, that they are even hard for you to find, in the day, knowing where they are. Make sure you check out the setup at night too. Night mode "invisible" IR and "stealth" cameras are not necessarily as invisible and stealthy as they claim to be.

• 2 months later...

Fascinating topic! While working and living with the Lummi tribe on the Wa coast, I heard about a BF sighting in an old apple orchard. I was told the orchard owner was eating an apple on his porch and looked up into the trees to see a BF eating an apple and staring back at him. This supposedly happened quite a while ago but is interesting in light of Bob's experiences.

Salt and sweet/sugar are generally the rarest flavors/food components to be found in any kind of concentration in the wild so it stands to reason animals will crave it. It seems that anything salty or sweet with enough odor to be found easily would be worth a try. I like the idea of the honey candles and fatty bait balls Huntster mentioned. Has anyone tried honey as bait?

I'd love to see more trap cams placed near bait stations. Someday I'll have to give that a try.

Jodie, I love that idea, using prisms in a tree. I hope you try it again!

I just remembered several stories I heard at Lummi of BF breaking into smokehouses where salmon were being smoked. I'm sure that salmon and shellfish makeup part of the diet for BF's on the PNW coast so it stands to reason.

• 9 months later...
Guest toejam

I recently ran into a lady walking her dog through my usual area. I stopped and talked to her and started talking about the local wildlife. She lived in the area and frequented that forest for 30 years.

I asked her if she'd ever heard any strange calls. I then asked her if she'd ever heard any whoops. She instantly replied yes! She also had a scowl on her face when she answered. Interesting. I asked her when it happened. It was 2 days prior which is now 4 days ago. 4 whoops, very loud she said. First time she'd ever heard it and had no idea what it could be. I didn't want to frighten her so I just thanked her and went on my way.

I've now decided to finally put up a trail cam. I've hung apples before and they've disappeared. I wanted to try something different. This time I stopped at the grocery store on my way there and picked up a few cans of cat food. Salmon and tuna. It's worth a shot. Aside from my recent beaver incident, I've had recent woodknocks, a loud whistle and now recent story from a local hearing whoops. Time to start baiting!