Olive Branch

Since joining the BFF, I can't seem to stop the 'what if's', and what 'what would you do' thoughts.

For those of you who live, or do field research in Sasquatch territory, do you make a peace offering?

Such as, leave an apple or something. I'm curious about this sort of interaction.

Reading where someone else's father has heard screams all of his life, would a 'peace offering' maybe prevent the rock throwing.

Or is this just a cornball thought?

I suggest you read the Habituating Bigfoot thread...about half way through a discussion by land owners on this topic..and successful passage through their experiences.

The Habituation thread is undoubtedly very interesting Elaine, however it would be safe to say that some of the content is far from 'definitive'. I'm sure you'll be able to sort the wheat from the chaff!

• Upvote 1

Perhaps Elaine would like for you to point out the "chaff" so there will be no doubt.

I know I would be grateful.

Well, you can never get too many expert opinions, & it seems that he may have a good grasp on what "chaff" is.

• 2 weeks later...

ohiobill,

Around here in my town, "chaff" means "crap" and there is no crap coming from Sasfooty, Painthorse or myself. We don't have time or energy to make up stuff. The truth is already quite good enough IMO.

Now if you want to know what some of the hairy people do sometimes, then ask away.

I also recommend FloridaReaders comments. Seems straight up to me. I don't think I've read too much that's too much woo woo out there in the Habitation thread, though some of it seems weird. Then again, bigfoot is weird, so it fits. The whole concept of either a large very intelligent North American ape or a hominid of some sort seems so incredible that the news and views as related are also in that realm.

Definition of "chaff"

: the seed coverings and other debris separated from the seed in threshing grain

: something comparatively worthless

: the scales borne on the receptacle among the florets in the heads of many composite plants

: material (as strips of foil or clusters of fine wires) ejected into the air for reflecting radar waves (as for confusing an enemy's radar detection)

So, he means the wheat from the seed coverings of the wheat, that's all. :)

Definition provided by Merriam Webster Online.

Now, back to the question at hand...

Guest OntarioSquatch

With so many fake habituators, it's impossible for the average person to know who is being truthful and who isn't. The lack of evidence makes it even harder. But one thing that I know is that most people who claim to be habituators really aren't. IMO, if it sounds like fantasy, it's probably because it is.

But one thing that I know is that most people who claim to be habituators really aren't. IMO, if it sounds like fantasy, it's probably because it is.

Nail meet hammer.....

With so many fake habituators, it's impossible for the average person to know who is being truthful and who isn't. The lack of evidence makes it even harder. But one thing that I know is that most people who claim to be habituators really aren't. IMO, if it sounds like fantasy, it's probably because it is.

Got a list? You know, the ones that are faking this????? Inquiring minds would love to know.

• Upvote 1