Bigfoot And Electronic Equipment

TedSallis

That's because they know the difference between a recorder and a camera and their intent.

I'm gonna have to hear more about that theory, since those gadgets have only been around for 20 yrs or so.

How about something simple?  A lot of forest, not that many BF's.  Add to that, they don't know what the gadgets do, but they do know they are left by the hairless ape they go to great lengths to avoid.  So, they avoid them.  Why take chances?

Then why have they been known to "pick up recorders and mess with them then put them back down on many occasions", yet completely avoid cameras and any and all video recording devices?

There is only one explanation for that behavior. It's the same reason that they avoid people who are hunting or tracking them while carrying cameras and/or firearms.

They can smell gunpowder, or know they are dangerous because of the loud sound and bullets, and as of yet, we don't know who or what picks up recorders, or even if they pick them up.  That is conjecture.  Until we catch a live one, it's all conjecture.

BFF Patron

I've had experience with the run=bys of digital sound recorders carefully placed and hidden with only tiny external mics camouflaged in overturned rootballs exposed.  They would purposely prod and poke around and even occasionally possibly throw things at the recorder area or mics.  I got the distinct impression they "knew" despite being hidden that it was there but they never dug up or moved the mics.  They weren't bashful about vocalizing whoops and such nearby either.   Unlikely they saw setup in this locale.

I've also had an incident where an accidentally dropped operable recorder was returned weeks later across an area not developed and not crisscrossed with anything but deer trails (batteries died, recorder had been bitten and cracked and did have something interesting things recorder before dieing).  Yet the recorder was left at a centralized place where I spent alot of my time scoping things out ( a large hollow tree with potential as a food drop area)...... backtracking multiple times made it clear to me that recorder was not dropped at that location and was left by something special.