What Ever Happened With Justin Smeja's Story?

Guest SoFla

SSR Team

Uh Huh....Take a look at RD's assets and then tell me they're not.

What assets ?

At the end of the day the Smeja sighting/shooting/bf child slaughter is class A and nothing else. Just another story with no evidence to back it up.

Now the thing that interests me about JS is his non 'Breaking' of the story. His lack of website announcing his bf shooting and his general malaise relating to whole scenario.

Bart's recent footage/work highlighting a possible encounter nearby the kill site cannot be ignored.

I'm pretty much swayed on this one.

While not swayed by any means, I do recognize and appreciate the lack of Dyeresque circus surrounding Bart's footage.

When I first heard about the Smeja story a while back, I was sceptical because it didn't seem "believable". But when I started reading and looking into the story I started thinking, "Hey, maybe there is more to this..." I now think 75% Smeja may be telling the truth due too three things detail, the detail.....and the detail.

Guest Nalajr

As a very experienced hunter, one who has killed many bear and deer, he would certainly know how to field dress an animal, would he not?  Why didn't he simply take 5 minutes and field dress the baby SASS and then take the 10 pound carcass and hide it in his truck, vehicle, or whatever he come there in?  For that matter he could've caped it and removed the skin from the whole animal in a very short amount of time and then tucked the skin into his shirt and made off with it.

He would know exactly what he had on his hands.  He would've no doubt read the Cali Game and Fish regulations every single year they came out to see what changed and what didn't.  He would know that a SASSY wasn't listed in the available game or bag limits.  He would've known that he had a VERY VALUABLE Critter on his hands....or 2 of them, a mom and a baby SASSY.  Even MORE money.

In a situation like that a skin with hair/fur would've been just as valuable as the whole carcass.  DNA profiles could've been obtained from the skin to verify and provide absolute species ID and recognition.  Smeja would go down in history as the man that proved the "unprovable" and took it all the way to the bank.

If he didn't know it, you'd think his buddy would.  You know, the one that told him not to shoot.  Did that guy not know what they had either?

OK, forget the body, forget the skin, are you all telling me that these 2 hunters are standing there with the most significant find in biological history and they don't think to take ANYTHING from the body to prove their story?  Not a finger, an ear, a tooth, a blood soaked T-Shirt, anything?  At least you'd think one of them would take out their cell phone and video it or take pics of it until the memory was full.  Why wouldn't one of them at least think "hey, we've gotta take SOMETHING from this thing or no one will believe this happened to us and our story of it?"

They could've went back that night, under the cover of darkness.  As experienced hunters and outdoors men they would've know how to get back and be able to get in a out relatively quickly with the bodies or skins.

Sorry fellas this story reeks and always has.

Nalajr

P.S.  I LIKE the word FUZZ when referring to police.  It doesn't get used enough and I'm on a mission to bring it back.  I also like CAPS too.

SSR Team

To answer you Najlr, I've always thought that too and I've always thought that he maybe did take a part of the little one.

There's also a very good reason in my opinion why he hasn't come clean if he did too, he doesn't know what it was, if it WA shaman or whatever and therefore, if there would be charges against him.

That's a good enough reason right there to keep it under wraps.

Remember, he had his house broken into quite recnently and whoever broke in went for the Bear meat on the fridge !!!!!!!'!!!

I'm sure there's a lot we don't know about this whole episode, I entirely understand why we don't or at least am cool with not knowing anyway.

Guest SoFla

I wonder if Jason has any phone pics of either of these creatures-at least one of the babies since they said they couldn't find the big brother

BFF Patron

If you read the Sierra Shootings thread, early on, he said he had cell phone pics of various things that day (IIRC).  He also said those pics would make it into a book as I remember.  When asked if he could provide those pics he balked.  I'm not even sure what the pics exactly entailed ......you'd have to review the thread. 

The book as flittered away on the wind.  No one seems to know what has happened to it...  Kinda like the creatures he shot... Do I sense a trend?

I suspect many things were intertwined with the Ketchum study, perhaps none strong enough to stand alone but taken as a whole, strong enough to stand together.  Once the first domino fell, people with the other dominoes knew their piece would fall as well so they stepped back from publication. 

MIB

Guest SoFla

So look what I just came across on the Dyer site...jeez jealous much over there? 

Breaking News!!! Hoaxers Ro Sahebi and Justin Smeja will be on the Spike TV show according to Shabia

Ro Sahebi and Justin Smeja known for the 2010 Bear-Meat-Boy bigfoot hoax is laughing among
people in the Bigfoot Community on how they lied to the production company McNulty Casting Inc for Spike TV. They stated " We have been researching bigfoot for years and considered one of the best Teams..
Sahebi and Smeja have stated they will be the main stars in the Spike TV Show that will start filming soon!
The show is sure to be bad with these clowns in there!
  • michelle@mcnultycasting.com

the funny thing is who but themselves think that the Dyer "team" is considered one of the best...one of the best what? Hoaxers in America when it comes to making an ass out of themselves just to get on TV-they are nothing but pathetic losers and haters and rock throwing destroyers at every legit person studying and searching for Bigfoot

To answer you Najlr, I've always thought that too and I've always thought that he maybe did take a part of the little one.

There's also a very good reason in my opinion why he hasn't come clean if he did too, he doesn't know what it was, if it WA shaman or whatever and therefore, if there would be charges against him.

That's a good enough reason right there to keep it under wraps.

Remember, he had his house broken into quite recnently and whoever broke in went for the Bear meat on the fridge !!!!!!!'!!!

I'm sure there's a lot we don't know about this whole episode, I entirely understand why we don't or at least am cool with not knowing anyway.

I have a few problems with this scenario.  If he was concerned with charges in the past,  then why not now?  If he had shot a human, there is no statute of limitations.  If he is worried about finding a body, anyone who knows the location or was a witness would then be held as complicit and prosecuted also.  I doubt that they would stay quiet rather than tell what they know.  I have heard about the break in of his house, but who do we have to corroborate this story?  I tried to find anything on line about it, and came up empty.  If in fact his house was broken into, how do we know it wasn't an inside job for some reason.  Maybe to do away with or "contaminate" the said evidence.  There's just too much that doesn't add up at this point.

• Upvote 1

Guest SoFla

I just finished watching the show Monsters and Mysteries in America that the Smeja story was recreated on and one thing that struck me was why was there no mention of the second shot that supposedly went up the big one's butt? There was also nothing about it waving to him when they first encountered it and the story of how they came upon the little ones was also completely different. Hmmm.

Guest SoFla

Listening to his interview now and he told Ro that he didn't actually get that second shot off because his friend distracted and stopped him