What Ever Happened With Justin Smeja's Story?

Guest SoFla

There is the documentary coming out "Dead Bigfoot: A True Story" done by a filmaker out of southern California. Supposed to be released in November. Don't know what it will yield other than a compelling story now that nothing has come of any potential DNA submitted from Mr. Smeja. Compelling that is, if that's the kind of thing you like (stories about people shooting bigfoot).

SSR Team

Yep, at this stage because of the dead ends where testing is concerned of anything Smeja, it can only be viewed as compelling story at best unfortunately.

However, in my opinion, Bart's video is now the best evidence to the whole situation there because of how the entire shooting episode was screwed up time after time from day one.

Unfortunately that's just the bottom line.

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 1

Smeja was acting like a guy who was disappointed that his 15 minutes got crushed on TV.

The guy always presented himself as just a hunter who claimed to have shot a Bigfoot. Now he's crying and claiming Bigfoot is his life??

The biggest red flag for me is that he keeps hitching his ride to a series of "credible" researchers.  Every time one cuts ties with him, another steps in to re-affirm his supposed believability.  It's like he drains the support out of one then moves onto another one.  Classic manipulator behavior.  

Last I heard Derek washed his hands of him.  Nothing much happening with Bart- who knows what's going on. He started on the taxidermy board, got some interest.  Then he came over here, got some interest.  Then he went to Robert Lindsay and got a LOT of interest.  Then he became a part of Derek's group, and gets connected with Ketchum's paper. Then he says something he's not supposed to (wonder where he got the idea from ) and  was let go for not working with them in the correct way.  Then Bart and his crew got him tipsy and did an interview on camera.  Suddenly he's part of THEIR research team.  He does an extremely poor audio interview, sends his "sample" to a different lab- finds out it's from a bear and a human. Becomes extremely concerned with people taking advantage of Wally.  Then... nothing.   It's been a grand attention grabbing scheme. That's my take.

Edited by TimB