Bigfoots With Breasts

Guest openminded skeptic

Hello AaronD,

Thanks, trust me, I'll check it out. I'll also look at the John Greene database mentioned by "rhellis38". I'm very familiar with the dynamics of databases as I have been creating one as a combination of two UFO sourced databases. In doing so a very curious aspect of recording sightings cropped up that may be of interest to this Forum. UFO sightings in the U.S. historically are referenced by the timestamp that field investigators use to report those sightings in each of the four time zones.

The problem in my attempts to do event chronologies became readily apparent. An 8AM event in NY and an 8AM event in California to a novice would seem to be two sightings at the same time. Not so as most of you already know but gaining a valid chronology of 4,000 sightings became a blossoming nightmare. I saw the necessity of converting all the events' timestamps to the Universal Time Coordinate (UTC) to secure any sense of a chronological order that was true. Without the time revisions it was nearly impossible to see any patterning to the witness' reports.  

I hope that dynamic isn't true in the BF databases. If those reports are in the local time zone formats too then how is anyone able to know at a glance the travel options of our hairy friends? Just some food for your brain to mull over. It may be a moot point after I look at the two BF databases but you can probably see where I'm going with this. A valid chronology of BF sightings may better show patterns of movement not before seen. I see members putting in their admitted two cents in here and there, and this is mine LOL. 

Hello All,

Just downloaded John Green's database and I have questions. Maybe rhellis38, if you're around, you could give me some insights on what I'm looking at and how to interpret the data? There doesn't seem to be any column headers to describe what each file is trying to say or how the different files talk to each other. I would like to start organizing the data into a format that is easily readable and cross-referenced if at all possible. It would take a great deal of time it appears but once done then research would go much easier for anyone wanting to focus on different aspects of the subject with the ability to better sort the data.

Might need to be an organized group effort after a fashion if any members see the value of it.

Hello All,

I know I invited rhellis38 to shed some light on John Green's database but that would also include any of the members here familiar with it. I've left many UFO Forums because of an apparently slow uptake when it comes to research. I don't see that problem here which is to everyone's credit and it helps me to get motivated in the right direction if I can get a handle on the data that is available. Now granted John's work appears to have stopped in or around the year 2000 but that doesn't mean that what he has put together no longer has any validity. In fact the opposite is true.

In most senarios involved WRT tracking or finding animals pattern plays a significant role whether it be Moose tours or finding game of every kind. Game trails, knowing habitat, food preferences, etc all aid in securing even successes for photographers. Think about it......then see if getting involved with organizing any existing information is worth the time. Personally, IMHO, it would carry great promise.

Hello All,

I just realized how off topic I've strayed and I apologize. It would seem starting a new thread would be more appropriate.

Edited by hiflier

@hiflier - There is much in the Premium Access section of these forums.

Gaining access to it requires getting over some hurdles, but you will find it well worth it.

The same goes for anyone else interested in data analytic approaches to BF research.

RH

Good point rhellis38, the premium access section is rich with a lot of info. The archives are priceless for anyone serious about research. The hurdles are actually simple: just have a minimum of 75 posts, a decent warn history, and $20 on a paypal account. At the rate you're going, hiflier, you'll be ther in no time.

Hello rhellis38 and AaronD,

OK thanks. 20 bucks. I give it some consideration. MUFON wants 50 bucks for better access to their data so I guess 20 bucks would be a better deal. I have spent months organizing Black Triangle reports just for 2011 and 2012 alone. With no compensation. Not that I need any of course but one would think that the work would be of benefit to the UFO community as a whole seeing that no one else that I was aware of saw the need; even if they did no one had stepped up.

Before I embark in this little adventure does anyone agree that it is even necessary? When doing research does anyone give up after an hour or so because the data is not easily acessed or cross-referrenced. In the case of John Green the data appears in installments on 7 spreadsheets. There are no column headers to say what each column is telling me. Do the sheets correlate by say, entry #74 in sheet No.1 continues on entry #74 on sheets 2-7? Since there is no column headers or a way to seemingly crack the "code" how does anyone know what they are looking at?

Will the 20 bucks secure that information? If not then it would be money wasted for trying to organize Mr. Green's data into one sheet with rows of complete info combined from the 7 different files. If anyone sees the need just let me know otherwise I won't bother. I mean it's only for the sake of better pattern recognition and the ability to sort categories in whatever manner desired. The resulting database would be huge and could take a couple of years truth be known but since, like UFO's not much progress has been made in 60+ years it may be of some benefit. IDK

Hello AaronD,

I've no doubt in what you say about the richness of the archives at the premium level. But if it's not set up as an organized reference by category but is instead a million different accounts and things like deeper habitat research then I wouldn't see the benefit. Let me give you an example:

An organized database would give one the time of a sighting. It would first be referenced into the UTC timestamp/date to establish an easy to follow chronology for possible tracking purposes. Followed by the city/town, state and then which quadrant of the stste. THE WEATHER, a description of the creature in all aspects, the environment, and all the other data in Mr. Green's work with ALL the info of the event in one row under various headers describing the type of data in each column. The state info would have a column for each state totalling 50 columns of course so that anyone wanting info on their state could sort for it and then get ALL the data for each sighting on any given day or over as much of a time period as desired. Once selected, that data can then be broken futher down into things like hair color, height, direction of travel, activity, number in the sighting etc.

The database should also include all of BFRO's report data by looking at ALL the reports and selecting individual pieces of information from each and listing it into the database interspersed chronologically with Mr. Green's. You can see already how enormous the task would be. So.....will the 20 bucks gain me anything? A fair question not based on the amount of the money but on the principle of being able to look at data. I mean I really don't care about being able to swear obscenities or not, I just would like data that would be helpful in solving a mystery by creating something that folks could use as a reference after their own sightings. Not too much to ask IMHO.

Edited by hiflier

Hiflier -

What you have there is a page from a comma-delimited file of footprint data from John Green's database.

The problem you are having is that the first row in the spreadsheet should be the variable names so that

when you read the file into Excel or SPSS (what I use), you capture the variable names along with the data.

They are not there, so, in a word, you are screwed.

I never tried downloading .csv files from his website.  I did download the Microsoft ACCESS 2010 version

and have been working with it for a year.  As you probably are aware, ACCESS is a relational database

system.  If you download the 'Diagram' from the files listed in the .csv option, you will see how the four

databases are related.

I can't get into the details, but what I have done is create a variable, Rec_Type, which has four places,

one for each of Incident, Creature, Witness, and Footprint..  Each place is filled with a '0' or a '1',

depending on whether there is data present (1) or absent (0) for that type of variable.  For example, 1001 means there is

Incident data and Footprint data and no other. 1111 means all four data types are present for that incident.

There are problems present such as what variables are on the downloadable file and what are on the online file.

One of the biggest, is the i_incident_account is only in the online file.  Since that is what corresponds to the 'story',

that is heart of a BFRO report, people have a hard time relating to what JG is reporting.

We are way off this topic.  I suggest we develop a plan.  I did send you a PM.  Did you get it?  We could continue that way

but I would like a way to share the basic things I know about JG's database with others like you.  I am not clear how free I am

to do that outside of the Premium Access portion of this Forum.

Hope this helps begin to clear up your confusion.

RH

Edited by rhellis38

Hello rhellis38,

First off, I sincerely appreciate your reply and taking the time to eloborate on the problem. Second, There is no way that this is so important to me that bending any privelidges you may be enjoying at the Premium level or your standing in the community is in any way jeopardized. That being said I'm attempting to piece together a header line from the "file a report" section of the JG website. Not easy.

I did not get your PM and since you are corrct that this is way off topic, as I knew it to already be, I will wait for a follow-up PM. I did notice the JG files to be Libreoffice and since thet's what I run thought the transfer would be trouble free LOL! Oh well. I will mention that since you are involved already on your end maybe some help from me in my limited way? Or maybe wait until you have something the community can access down the road.

My apologies to Admin for this side track; it won't happen again and I thank you for your patience in the matter.

hiflier.

Hiflier -

Appreciate your candor and care not to step on toes.

Attached is the variable list for the John Green downloadable ACCESS file.  This may help you get started.

I will post additional information about these variables such as which ones have data under them and which ones don't,

which ones have data only in the ACCESS file and which ones have data only online, how many of each rec_type are

in the ACCESS file, and more.

Admins: this will be my last entry on this thread.  I will start a new thread on the John Green downloadable and online databases and how to use them.

RH

John_Green_ACCESS_varlist.rtf

I have a feeling this has been discussed before .....somewhere, but I'm new to this so here goes.

Let's all assume, for the sake of argument, that bigfoot exists....Has anyone ever reported seeing a bigfoot with breasts, outside of the Patterson-Gimlin film?  Did anyone ever report seeing a bigfoot with breasts before the Patterson-Gimlin film was made?  If the answers are no and no, or "very few" and no, then that's evidence that the Patternson-Gimlin film is a hoax

I'm 6'3" 220, and am at least an A cup. And yes unfortunately am a guy.

Hello rheiils38,

You are too cool! Looking forward to any thing you may have in your thread.

Hello Spader,

OMG, LMAO! BTW I read the post "UPs" put up about the hog-hunting Bigfoot. Yeah, breasts. So much for my hunter/gather idea, eh? The "girls" hunt too!

Edited by hiflier

I have a feeling this has been discussed before .....somewhere, but I'm new to this so here goes.

Let's all assume, for the sake of argument, that bigfoot exists....Has anyone ever reported seeing a bigfoot with breasts, outside of the Patterson-Gimlin film?  Did anyone ever report seeing a bigfoot with breasts before the Patterson-Gimlin film was made?  If the answers are no and no, or "very few" and no, then that's evidence that the Patternson-Gimlin film is a hoax

I'm 6'3" 220, and am at least an A cup. And yes unfortunately am a guy.

There are a number of reports that I've read of sasquatch with breasts.  As I expected I was going to see those if the animal's real, I didn't exactly catalog where exactly they all were.

I sure remember this one though:

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/282

I see evidence that this has been posted elsewhere on this thread.  I quickly got tired of looking though and figured that was enough reason to leave this one. 

Edited by DWA