Thoughts On Les Stroud And Joe Rogans Bigfoot Quest?

Guest Junior

Guest Junior

As an mma fan I listen to Joe Rogans podcast, he recently said he is doing a show called "question everything" where they look at different subjects one of those will be Bigfoot, he said les Stroud will assist and they will go out in middle of nowhere and do it in small team, no finding Bigfoot crashing through woods!

Joes an open minded guy and I think he will approach it serious with a few laughs along the way I know he is a believer and the subject often comes up.

Thoughts?

Edited by Junior

As much as I admire Stroud and his ethic, as well as his skills, I think his efforts are likely to convince only himself, even if off-the-charts successful video/audio is achieved. (And from what I've heard from him, he's fairly convinced anyway) Face it.  A tee-vee personality who does whacky stunts like living off the land in isolation (How RAD!) is not likely to garner any significant scientific recognition. It will be discounted, explained, minimized, archaired, etc., etc., largely by academics who spend little or no time in wild environments as Stroud does routinely. I wish him luck though and I will read his results with interest.

As Jeff Meldrum has said (and I paraphrase): When something can't exist, evidence of its existence will not be permitted.

• Upvote 1

Guest The Cod Father

Will Les finally come clean about the experiences he alluded to in his interview on Survivorman series ?

Plus for WSA for using "rad".

Old school.

This endeavor certainly won't prove the existence, but if he goes out and gets some cool vid or audio, well, it will be interesting, and add it to the pile of 'possible'.

I would guess we'd get Les's backstory in a bit more detail as well.

I've listened to Joe Rogan.  Joe talks like a playground punk who is trying to cover his fear with bluster.   He must appeal to someone but I can't imagine who'd be shallow enough to be impressed by him.   "Other than that, I don't have any particular feelings."

Regardless of what they find or don't, just putting that foul mouthed wind bag on air will do more to tarnish the image of bigfooting than the Georgia freezer hoax.   Me .. I don't care.   People who have personal credibility on the line ... should shudder.

MIB

It's any port in a storm right now.  I think anything interesting Les comes back with will not only get a lot of publicity, but maybe a fairer shake from the mainstream than P/G did.

And then again, we seem to live in a much more hard-boiled scoftical time than the one in which P/G was shot.

(With a corresponding explosion in supernatural/religious belief.  Sheesh, I'm sure there's no connection.)

But yeah.  The company Les keeps is an important consideration.  From Standing to Rogan = out of frying pan and into fire?

You would think that Stroud would want to attach himself with someone as reputable as himself.  Glad to hear he may be leaving Standing behind, but is Rogan that much better?  What kind of scientific credibility does he bring to the table?  Personally I would like to see Stroud team up with someone like Derek Randles/Olympic Project.

Well, perhaps there's some monetary consideration involved that makes Joe more of a necessity, who knows.

No matter who is involved, make no mistake, this is entertainment, not research.

I like Les.  I think the one thing that stood out for me was the episode (netflix) that showed that he doesn't 'know it all'.  In that particular episode, there was the 'before' phase, where he is getting advice from the locals.  I also like that when he screws something up, or things don't go well, it doesn't end up on the editing room floor.  I feel like he keeps it real.

As for Rogan, my opinion of him is, he's a radio personality with a potty mouth.  Overall, I like him, but I can see where him being in the picture could shed a less than positive light on BF research.

Well, perhaps there's some monetary consideration involved that makes Joe more of a necessity, who knows.

No matter who is involved, make no mistake, this is entertainment, not research.

I think what you said is the most important thing to recognize about this in that it is entertainment and not research. The show is on the Syfy network which should tell you everything. Additionally, there will probably be like one episode in regards to searching for bigfoot then it's on to the next mystery. I do believe Joe Rogan's interest in these subjects is sincere but the fact that it's for television pretty much guarantees that entertainment value will be the priority.

Right, but will the general public look that deeply?   I think not.   I think they'll see this as representative of the bigfoot community.   Prepare for yet another collective black eye.

MIB

Guest zenmonkey

Ive met joe a few times the dude was as honest and as cool and kind as they come I love his outlook on stuff good dude also doesnt fall for a lot of stuff either, so I am looking foreward to that.  Les had said what a lot of us I think are missing when he was on joes podcast. That maybe a guy should just take off into the woods alone and just sit just sit not make alot of movement just see what comes your way. I liked that maybe im just so tired of fat guys in the woods making calls just my 2 cents   

Edited by zenmonkey
Language