The Researchers Habituation And Field Observations Thread "a Place To Discuss Your Activities, Thoughts, Observations, Methods And Results.

NathanFooter

chelefoot; the picture of the blurred face was discarded shortly after taking it a month ago.

I don't think I can post any pic's until my probationary period is up, which should be fairly soon.

David NC; I agree with you 99%. 1% says keep an open mind. You are also right about confronting this person. As I said nothing much really scares me, but for some reason I always feel nervous when this "person" is present.

Almost to the point of being jittery. I don't feel in fear for my life or my families when he is near, but really unnerved if that makes sense ?

I will try to approach him the next time i see him.

A friendly smile and hand shake never hurt anyone... I hope lol. I think I maxed out my posting limits today so till next time :-))

BFF Patron

Anyone that is a proponent of BF shape shifting, moving in and out of other dimensions etc needs, for me anyway, to provide one example in nature where that has been documented with anything. I will even accept evidence at the subatomic level. Matter changes to energy and energy to matter but it all stays in this dimension. I am not aware of anything in nature other than anecdotal stories and I read everything I can get my hands on about science. If a witness observes that sort of thing, it is most likely something taking place in their mind, not a physical manifestation. That is interesting enough in its own light and certainly does merit some study with suitable controls.

One can encounter the same people fairly often. All it takes is similar interests, tastes, or whatever. I have a terrible memory for names but do remember faces. Sometimes I know I have seen someone before but unless you talk to them you cannot figure out where you know them from. Sometimes it is as simple as they are a clerk in a particular store you sometimes frequent.

• Upvote 1

It's double jeopardy.

You cannot prove the existence of a rare animal. So you attribute to it, supernatural abilities to explain why its unprovable. 

But then you need to prove the existence of these supernatural abilities!

It does nothing to advance the subject.

Dominance is not represented by snapping our fingers to produce a body. It's about the allocation of earth's resources, which we always win. To the detriment of other species, which if Sasquatch is a real animal? It desperately needs......

A body is needed for us to recognize it as a species, and recognize it's needs and thus set aside resources in order for it to survive. Unfortunately this is how conservation works. As the hyper dominate species on the planet that takes what it wants? If confronted with something like Sasquatch I think measures would be taken to ensure it's future. Other wise the bulldozing will continue.

I appreciate your concern for the BF and believe that it's genuine, but don't see how a dead body will answer any of your concerns. Will one dead body tell you where Sasquatch live? Will one dead body tell you how many Sasquatch there are? Don't you need to know these things before you set aside "habitat"? 

If people stopped demanding the shedding of blood and just read some reports, they would know the answers to these questions. BF live in every state of this nation, and every nation in the world. See how simple that is? No blood necessary. 

"It's about the allocation of earth's resources, which we always win. To the detriment of other species, which if Sasquatch is a real animal? It desperately needs." 

How is there any detriment to the Sasquatch from our "winning" of resources? Sasquatch eat what we eat. They eat the crops we grow and the animals we raise. We haven't taken a thing from them. But I will tell you what we HAVE done. We have poisoned our own food sources and crippled our own ability to survive. 

If you want to save the Sasquatch, save yourself and the earth that sustains YOU. Don't worry about who might get left out. We all depend on the same planet. Anything you do to improve the water you drink and the air you breathe will help everything else around you, including the Sasquatch.   

It's not wise to think of the preservation of the Sasquatch as somehow separate from the preservation of ourselves. The two cannot be separated.

Hi Leaftalker

I don't think I have spoken directly with you before, I hope you're well.

Thanks, the parkie. I hope you're well, too. 

Can I ask - from your post above replying to SweetPolly which I have quoted - is it correct to say:

You know that the 'Sasquatch people' are invisible-at-will, non-flesh-and-blood manifestations, with therefore no DNA, who hence do not require food and are unaffected by any man made changes made to the environment?

Sure, you can ask, and no, it is not correct to say the above. The Sasquatch people are invisible-at-will flesh-and-blood manifestations. They have DNA and eat food, just like everybody else. They can escape our environment, but they like spending time here and do not appreciate what we've done to the planet. 

Also, could I please ask:

Do you know where they are when they are not manifested in 'our world'?  No. 

Do you know why they sometimes choose to leave footprints?  I suspect it's to show us they're here, but beyond that, no, I don't know.  

Why would you classify them as 'people', as 'human people' cannot make themselves invisible, are flesh and blood, do have DNA, do require food and are affected by man made changes to the environment? See above. Also, humans can make themselves invisible. They can do everything the Sasquatch can do. Bilocation, invisibility, and surviving without food have all been achieved by human beings. 

How do you know this information - did you discover it from direct experience, did a Sasquatch person communicate it to you or did another human communicate it to you? My own direct experience, and the experiences reported to me by other humans.  

Many thanks in advance. No problem. 

Nightwatcher, your experiences are amazing. You are brave to share them, and I wish you peace and safety. 

Edited by LeafTalker

I appreciate your concern for the BF and believe that it's genuine, but don't see how a dead body will answer any of your concerns. Will one dead body tell you where Sasquatch live? Will one dead body tell you how many Sasquatch there are? Don't you need to know these things before you set aside "habitat"? 

Absolutely it will, a type specimen will give science data to mine for years. What it eats, where it lives, how smart it is, how it reproduces, etc. But more importantly it will bring the focus of science onto the subject. Right now? It's all speculation.............nothing more. A 10 year study involving hundreds of Biologists? Would leap our understanding forward by light years.

If people stopped demanding the shedding of blood and just read some reports, they would know the answers to these questions. BF live in every state of this nation, and every nation in the world. See how simple that is? No blood necessary. 

That's purely conjecture on your part. What if your wrong?

How is there any detriment to the Sasquatch from our "winning" of resources? Sasquatch eat what we eat. They eat the crops we grow and the animals we raise. We haven't taken a thing from them. But I will tell you what we HAVE done. We have poisoned our ownfood sources and crippled our own ability to survive. 

If you want to save the Sasquatch, save yourself and the earth that sustains YOU. Don't worry about who might get left out. We all depend on the same planet. Anything you do to improve the water you drink and the air you breathe will help everything else around you, including the Sasquatch.   

It's not wise to think of the preservation of the Sasquatch as somehow separate from the preservation of ourselves. The two cannot be separated.

But they can easily. We build dams that shut native salmon runs down, and when we want to eat salmon we grow them on farms somewhere completely different. Bigfoot doesn't eat what we eat because he doesn't push a shopping cart around Safeway. If he was a recognized species? Then they wouldn't get to build the dam without first running a environmental impact study for Bigfoot. How cool is that???! If the dam adversely effects Bigfoot? No dam!

No your completely wrong on your hypothesis that our futures are linked. Humans have pushed out a great many species, for our own benefit. Bison, Grizzly bear, Orangs, etc, etc, etc........

​I do not believe that Sasquatch can live in our backyards like a raccoon. A comparable large omnivore such as the Grizzly bear needs something like 200 square miles in which to forage and hunt for food. That's a lot of turf for one animal.

Edited by norseman

Except if you read the reports of the bloodthirsty murderous tendencies of them that abound on this very website.

Wouldn't you think that such a creature has no place amongst our children?  They should be rounded up and quarantined for everyone's safety. 

These things will have their blood shed in self defense.  And the people that shoot them won't turn them over to science.  So as a result, the entire sasquatch population is at risk.

Have you read those reports?

Also, if they are fraternizing with Aliens (or are themselves), it poses a much greater risk as aliens are abducting humans all the time.  Then the solution of the Sasquatch problem goes far beyond a simple quarantine.

I'm beginning to think that no one is safe until all of the Sasquatch are accounted for and monitored.  How much more human life must be lost?

Or is human life lesser than that of a Sasquatch? 

Also, if they can read our minds and become invisible, how will humans ever be safe outside?

I have a question hopefully someone can answer.

Am I being to routine ? Another words I usually go to the bottoms on the same day, show up close to the same time. Even how I set my area up is pretty much the same.

If bf is out there with me, am i setting myself up for possible retaliation if I do brake habit ?

I ask this because I notice if im only there for one night instead of two or show up on a Sat instead of my normal Fridays, activity seems to be more aggressive in nature.

Again i want to stress, in no way am I implying that there is a bf in my presence, but whatever it is seem to have me on a biological schedule if that makes sense ?

Like "hey, your late !" or "where in the hell were you" type of attitude lol. Should I be a little less predictable ? I would hate to mess any relationship up that I have built IF bf is out there.

I'm going to do something this weekend ive never done since ive going to the bottoms and build a fire. It's going to be nasty cold at night and usually just keep hand warmers in my pockets, but sitting there motionless for hours at a time really drops the body temp !

Good or bad ideas ?? :-/ Thanks.

No worries about predictability, Nightwatcher. You can be predictable or unpredictable. They don't retaliate for changes in routine. I would go with your instincts, that they're saying "Hey, you're late" or "Where in the hell are you". I would put lots and lots of money on that being the message you're getting.

If they were upset, you wouldn't be wondering about the signals. You would know.  :)

Fires are great. Have heard and read many stories about them drawing close to fires (and have experienced that myself). Stay warm out there!

They don't retaliate for changes in routine.

Not entirely true if food has been part of the routine.   If you shut off the chow line where they've come to expect one, reports seem to indicate in some instances they have gotten pushy.   Otherwise, you're probably right.   They may withdraw, but not retaliate. 

They seem to relax and get closer when they think they know what we're going to do.   A regular routine is a big part of establishing that predictability that gives them comfort.   ... or so the reports and anecdotes suggest, anyway.  

MIB 

Yes, I agree, putting out large quantities of food near your home on a regular basis and then forgetting or ceasing to do that sometimes seems to cause problems.

But that doesn't seem to be the issue here. It's certainly not an issue with token gifts of food items. And predictability seems important mostly in the beginning, to build some trust. Nightwatcher has been visiting on the same days and at the same times for a while, it seems. They know him now. So it's okay to mix it up. They're smart. They don't get pushed off their centers that easily. And they enjoy throwing us some curves now and then, by being unpredictable themselves -- so they don't get offended if we go off script, either.

Nightwatcher, you're doing this just right. No worries. Have fun, and keep us posted!

I really do value everyone's input and take it very seriously. I've come here to learn, then possibly return the knowledge someday.

We've gotten a skiff of snow here so maybe that will work to my advantage as far as print identification.. I have decided to take my female pit bull along this time.

No worries for those animal lovers out there, she will be outfitted with the latest dog winter ware lol.

$146 worth :-) if bf is out there and seems to react differently, I will know not to take her next time.

I'm going to mix it up a little this time with food.

I'm taking a unopened jar of Nutella, a Tupperware container with a screw on lid filled with shrimp and a cheap harmonica I picked up at the second hand store. I have engraved my initials and Fridays date into the harmonica.

I read an article a few months back about how this guy was supposedly driving a bf nuts with a green laser pointer. Man, I don't know if that's great idea, but then again I carry a .45acp with a laser.

I would NEVER pull the trigger on a bf, but only in self-defense. With that being said I was going to try that method once to see if I get a response.

If bf is out there I don't want to spook it by thinking it's being aimed at by a senseless killer.

I'll think on that one for awhile :-/

BFF Patron

Some of the green lasers are very powerful and can blind a human.   Might even be worse for a BF if their eyes are more light sensitive.     So in my opinion,  shining a laser at a BF is not a good idea.    They don't like lights anyway.   If reports are authentic, if you ever feel in danger and want them to leave just shine a normal light at them.     The only thing on a dog is if the dog goes after it like prey then dogs have been killed by BF.    If the dog stays with you or is on leash then it will be OK.     Too many reports of dogs being picked up and thrown against trees.  Many times I have wished I had a dog with a good nose with me to alert me that BF or something else is around.   So a dog you have positive control over might be very valuable. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Totally second everything SWWASP is saying about not shining lasers at them (and not shining regular lights at them, either, unless you really want them to go away -- or want to hear what an upset, annoyed BF sounds like). Also second everything he said about dogs. But like he says, if your pit bull doesn't normally stray from your side or go chasing after other beings, she should be fine. 

Nathan,

The best knowledgeable advice given to you on this thread is from kbhunter. He is spot on.

Here's my additional thoughts, advice and my own experience:

1. Always look to the rivers and creeks.

2. Power line right of ways are grazing areas for deer and our friend uses the woodlines along side of these as concealment for ambush to setup for an easy meal.

3. As kbhunter said, look for areas that are associated with Native American history.

4. Look for geographic areas that are rich in salt content. Humans and animals alike need salt in their diet.

5. Look for tree twists. 

6. Don't just look for footprints. Look for knuckle prints. They are just adapt on 4 legs as they are on 2 legs.

7. Look for handprints. Hint: Try dumpsters at campgrounds.

8. When trying to visually pinpoint our friend. Do not just look straight ahead. Look up for tree climbers. Look down for what I call "Belly crawlers". They are sneaky bastards.

9. Anthropomorphic: (Giving human quality's and traits to animals.) As humans we do this without even being aware that we do this. Whether our friend is more human than animal or more animal than human, it is still a wild creature.

10. Do not assume you can make friends with him. This is a wild unknown creature. You wouldn't try to make friends with any other wild creatures, why would this be different. 

11. They are short tempered. I found out the hard way and the result was a mock charge. Be careful! If you don't believe me, you'll find out the hard way like I did.

12. Always go on overnights with at least one research partner. Safety in numbers and naturally you need someone to be there to help you if you get hurt.

13. Never run from a situation. If you do, this initiates the predator/prey syndrome.

14. Look for abandoned structures such as old barns. Our friend is an opportunist. Why not use an old structure to duck out of the cold or the rain. 

15. Do not start feeding them.

Reasons:

A. Our food has preservatives and other ingredients that are foreign to their diet. It is very possible it could make one them sick and God forbidden if the food used would accidently kill one of them.

B: If your bound and determined to feed them, never, ever feed them in the area where your home is. What happens when a person thinks it's fun to feed a wild animal and they get bored and stop feeding them or forget to feed them? A raccoon for example will try to gain entry to your house. They can leave a hell of a mess. Think what damage our friend could do. Animals become agitated when their food supply is cut off. It's not a good idea to **** off a 600lb. plus wild creature that knows where you live. 

C: Yeah, you'll get results using the feeding method, which is cheating, but along the lines eventually you'll regret what you started. I did this out back on our farm once and I will never do it again. It's not just your safety, it's your families safety that your putting in jeopardy.

D: Last, if people claim to be researchers, they should know the first rule is to not interfere, change or manipulate the environment the subject lives in.

16. Biggest tip of all: Don't take advice from the so-called self proclaimed experts. Research the advice and who it comes from. Their are very few people that know what their talking about. When you find someone that knows what their talking about listen and learn and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone with true experience will not belittle or make fun of someone that actually wants to learn. Tip: Look for Coonbo's posts. He knows what he is talking about. 

Have a good day Nathan and if your interested I recently started a closed group on Facebook named "Independent Bigfoot Field Researchers". You are welcome to join. The idea of the group is to share, present and discuss our field work in a friendly environment. We don't disclose our study areas, but we do present photographs of our finds on the groups page. We want to keep the group small, but it would be nice to have representation from the 49 states that have had reported activity. 

kbhunter, on 24 Jun 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:snapback.png

Nathan, great thread and good luck with it!

OK, here is something I have learned over the years I can share. Many people want to know how to find activity in their state or local areas. Here is a method I have used and so far it has worked out very well.

1) Do your homework! go online to as many sources as you can find regarding sightings or experiences in your area. Start with our forums in the sightings section! Look at the BFRO or any other data collection sites for experiences. Then get a map of your state or area, try and mark all of these areas to find the best area to concentrate your efforts.

2) Plotting your area. After you have collected data from these areas, I like to find areas where there are protected areas from hunting if possible, but if not, a large area with these features; WATER - There should always be a supply of water close by. NAVIGATION ROUTES - Power lines, horse trails, walking trails gas lines etc. I seem to have the best luck if these type features are around. WOODED TERRAIN - It seems they are most at home in wooded areas that offer lots of timber.

3) WALK THE AREA! Once these areas are found, the next step is to walk and note down signs they are there.

4) LOOK for their signs. In all areas I have had luck with, I always look for signs they have been there. The "X" usually means they were here, and signal to others this is their area. These are normally found along the navigation routes as described above. Also look for tree bows, tee pee structures, etc.

attachicon.gifmcintosh reserve 5.jpg Look for tracks along navigation routes. The Sas track will tend to be much wider and sometimes much longer than a human track. For example, the human track will normally be between 3.5" and 5" wide. Sas's can be a couple of inches or more wider than would be normal for a human.

4) FOOD!  Look for areas that have lot's of "food" areas. Agriculture areas with livestock, chickens, gardens are all areas of opportunity. Areas that are near water have areas of dense vegetation along the banks, fish, mussels, etc. Blackberry, strawberry patches, fruit trees, all are good areas.

5) Native American History One common theme that keeps coming up over and over for me is Native American History in the area. I can't answer exactly why, but my best areas have a rich history of burial grounds, villages or ties to them in that location. I have even found interesting signs from the Sas that are the same used by the N/A's in these locations.

6) People Oddly enough, for me my best areas are areas that are close to campsites, cabins or areas that people frequent. They love to observe people and tend to hang out around such areas. These areas also tend to be in hunting prohibited areas as well. It could also be an area of frequent "visitations" by someone that lives in and around the areas. These people are coming out with their stories much more readily than years past. Following up on stories of these are sometimes a treasure trove of opportunity for you.

Just a few pointers, I will add here as I have time.

Thanks!

KB

Why do you think the goal is to "learn about" BF? For me, and for many people who have ongoing experiences with BF, the goal is to be in relationship with BF. It is to learn about an individual BF person, not "the" BF -- as if there's some cardboard cutout BF character running around who represents all BF.

And you cannot be in a relationship with someone if you are disrespectful to them. 

If someone approached you and said, "I really like you and want to be your friend," and then turned around and started taking pictures of you surreptitiously and trying to publish them somewhere to promote themselves, without your knowledge or approval, and trying to gather "evidence" about you, what would you conclude about that person? You would think he was a traitorous wretch, and you'd drop him like a hot potato. 

That's what BF people do to us. They drop us like hot potatoes when we act disrespectfully -- although they are a little nicer and a little more forgiving than we are. They sometimes take you back, even if you've had a run of thinking you needed to take pictures of them and scrape hairs and flesh off them. But who wants to take the chance that their particular buddy is that forgiving???? 

Now do you understand the reluctance? The reluctance is a reluctance to destroy any chances of furthering the relationship. 

Who would be foolish enough to jeopardize an ongoing -- and ever-growing -- intimacy and connection for one picture? Or one anything?

You can learn about BF behavior and habits without being disrespectful. It just takes a little patience. Of course you'll figure out who's taking your stuff -- over time. But you need to give it that time -- IF you want your "subject" to stick around.  

And if you're really worried about being able to tell the difference between a BF and a squirrel, just do what OHZoologist did: build a platform supported by a greased pole in a clearing and then conduct the same experiments he did. Voila! No more having to make them cut their hands off trying to get at your peanut butter. (And continue to read about the platform in that thread. It was really interesting, what happened, and what OHZ concluded, after giving his experiment some, um, time.)

I'm sorry, SWWASP. The same way you get impatient with "humans in habituation situations", I get impatient with "scientists". 

SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT: In my own case when I was zapped during an encounter, my whole purpose for being in the field that day was to have contact with BF. But after I was zapped, I felt driven to leave the area immediately. Why? I was not any more afraid than I had been other times. Why would I feel driven to leave when my whole purpose for being there was to have contact? I left the area, thought about it, and realized that what I just did was not logical, so I turned around and went back. Of course when I did, nothing seemed to be there any more. I felt like I had been manipulated.

Why do you think it's okay to have contact with someone at the expense of their comfort? Contact is a two-way thing. Both parties should be receptive to it. If one isn't, for whatever reason, the other party needs to respect that and leave. The zapping seems like a pretty clear signal they were not pleased with you being in that spot at that moment. You did the right thing that day. And I don't see the manipulation you're speaking of. Seems like a very clear statement of preference you were getting that day. Nothing indirect about it!

You don't lose anything by appearing to be willing to let them set the agenda. In fact, it's the total opposite. You prove your worthiness to be a true friend by so doing. You gain, you don't lose, by showing respect at all times. 

You also have to look at the other side of the coin.

The forest people observe us, yet they won't let us see them.  So in essence, they are creepy voyeurs.

You can say that they do this for protection, but are we really any threat to them?  I mean really.

They want to see us, but they won't let us see them.

What do you think?