New "bigfoot" Hunting Show - Mountain Monsters

Shelly

The problem with these shows is that all of what they show could very well be staged and although it is fun to watch, I have to keep that in mind when watching it. The audio was interesting, but maybe just set up to make the show more interesting. The paw print sure did look like the front paw print of a wolf and a big one at that. I say front only because they are larger than the back paw in a trackway.

Would any of you crawl into a den at night like that one dude did? I would just set up a trail cam. It was a fun show to watch as long as its not taken too seriously, similar to FB.

LOL Sunflower.....did someone on here call it "Duck Dynasty meets Finding Bigfoot" or did I hear that somewhere else? Haha! My attempts to totally cut the cord were thwarted by that big mountain that is in the way.....so I will get the opportunity to watch tonight....

Well, at least they showed some purported evidence photo of the grassman.  Huckleberry > Bobo

Edited by beerhunter

More entertaining than FB, more purported evidence as beerhunter said. Rather than "There's a Squatch in these woods" , the new refrain is going to be, "We just missed him". Next week is the Devil Dog. According to the editing, it appears they catch something. ??? I'll probably keep watching for the folklore factor..... :)

Guest cbehnke

what is is: funny

what it isn't: serious squatch research by experienced squatchers

i saw the first two episodes and laughed my arse off.  the leader of the group calls whatever creature they are looking for a "son of a bitch" every few minutes.  the heavyset guy is falling into ice-cold creeks.  they build traps with easy routes to circumvent them and are stunned when animals don't walk right into them.  the guys appear to have very little squatch experience but are good ol' boys that have a funny interplay between them.

the ohio grassman episode was comedy gold.  it seemed set up/contrived.  the guys show up from out of town, they go out for a night of squatching and hear more howls/grunts and experience more rock/log throws than established researchers get in YEARS of investigation and we're to beleive it was not staged/set-up?  their reaction to the noises and rock/log throws are the comedy gold.  I hope the show has good liability insurance because it's a good chance someone could get shot during filming.

i'm not convinced it's real.  it really is duck dynasty meets finding bigfoot and it's **** funny.

Last night's show was hilarious!  Real or not, that is another matter.  But for pure entertainment you can't make this stuff up any better.  I think the prime requirementsto be on the show is you have to weigh more than 400 lbs and have a ZZ Top beard.   The traps are great. It reminds me of stuff that Wile-E-Coyote  would make to catch the Roadrunner.  Last night they dragged a big back hoe X miles up into the woods to dig a hole, which promptly filled up with water.  So, they decided to cover the trap with bamboo and a tarp and make a quick sand mud drap for the Grassman to fall into.  I was just waiting for one of them to fall in when they were running around scared in the middle of the night.

Guest FloraBama

I love all the Finding BF, Mystery Quest, type shows and so far IMO this show doesn't disappoint.

I don't understand why they just don't call it a Squatch though? Wolfman, Grassman, are apparently names that were given to the creatures years ago, kind of like the indians call BF's Sasquatch.

This show only further assures me of my self belief that all one needs nowadays to host a national show of whatever kind is a beard and any idea whatsoever about a show. The beard being the main qualification, and the show idea unimportant. I can't take this show seriously. I can't take the people seriously. Maybe if they would shave I could garner enough good humor to watch all of the show. Apparently the ability to keep ones' mouth busy while engaging in goofy behavior with a premium on goofy behavior, inane oratory, meaningless drivel and canned trite phraseology to include jokes that lost their humor four decades ago, and an overabundance of hyperbole, insinuation, and good ole plain lies, will lead one, or ones' group, family, or other social structure to fame and riches in the latest goofy bearded people show of the week. Really, we did this stuff when we were teenagers, school children. I don't doubt the concept of the crypto species being in their area, I am just burnt out on salty old farts with beards espousing pseudo profound homilies. Just another symptom to me of the end of life as we know it in North America. :)

Guest David37

I don't know what percentage is real it is but it seems realistic to me. Just because it has hillbilly characters in it doesn't negate it  (they don't really have accents when you are in their territory, you do).  The show's characters are certainly proactive and at least entertaining.

Low tech cages and shot guns make this entertaining. If one of them shoots himself in the foot then it would be funnier. They are most likely calling the monsters by the local folk lore names. None of these guys act like know-it-alls, and that separates them from two of the BF crew already.  If we are to believe the bios on these guys, they are hunters and trackers. Don't confuse that with rocket scientists.

Edited by beerhunter

If Grassman lived in that old house, and was right outside while they visited inside, it seems like they would come back again and again until they get some better evidence.  Or you would think some serious bigfoot researchers would go to the house and do it, and collect some DNA evidence.

They yell and scream to one another and yet the creatures move closer, and even interact with them.  They make the FB people look quiet.

I personally think it's all scripted and staged.  But I still watch it because I love the subject matter so much!

The MM team is much more entertaining than the FB team.

One interesting observation: the MM team's approach is not about collecting evidence to further document the existence of their subject, rather they are trying to catch or kill it and go about their search with no doubt that their subject exists and that they will catch it on film. 

My family likes Bobo and his howls, but the frequent bleeping of all the MM characters might be more entertaining. And that is what it is all about.