N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

Hmmmmm ... there's no proof they're "ape" either.   We don't know.   There's no evidence (that we recognize as such) proving evolution in asia, africa, or north america.   We throw up our most reasonable guesses, but that's all they are, guesses.

MIB

Exactly why we need to harvest one.

Thankfully the NAWAC is willing to oblige.

MIB, is your encounter publicly recorded? Would like to read of it if it's not a private matter.

PM coming.  Private-ish ... family problems I don't want to make publicly accessible.

Edited by MIB

If Bigfoot evolved off of giangtopithicus it would be around 13 million years distant from modern humans. In this case all humanesque traits would be convergent evolution.

I don't think Bigfoot could have evolved off homo due to the lack or evidence of tool manufacture, unless I'm wrong here. I don't think it's likely to evolve traits for increased size while losing the ability to manufacture and use stone tools. what would be the overall fitness advantage? The only way this would make any sense is if Bigfoot had a reduction in brain size and capabilities then of course Bigfoot wouldn't be much smarter than a chimp.

I think Bigfoot is too humanized by a lot of people.

Take a look at DWA's avitar, NAWAC drew it as a representation of a wood ape. I can't help but see a human's face in it. It actually is very close to what Paulides & Pratt came up with for the same witness.

It certainly is plausable that bigfoot diverged from a more recent common ancestor of man and evolved to have more physical prowess, with different brain functions devoted to memory, communication , vision and hearing. less thought would then be devoted to creating tools that they didn't need.

Take a look at DWA's avitar, NAWAC drew it as a representation of a wood ape. I can't help but see a human's face in it. It actually is very close to what Paulides & Pratt came up with for the same witness.

Look at a gorilla's face or a chimp's. Same deal.

It is plausible that they didn't 'need' tools?

Evolution-wise, what would be the benefit of chasing a deer over rough terrain, with no tool, grabbing a hold of it, facing the antlers, and then tackling it?  To say, throwing a spear at the deer, and avoiding the risk of injury inherent in hand-to-hoof combat?

It would seem that side-by-side with Homo sapien, an upright omnivorous hunter/gatherer would be at an extreme disadvantage without tool making ability.

Look at a gorilla's face or a chimp's. Same deal.

Yeah, I think you gotta be cautious about ascribing too much based on facial features.  We get too identified with certain things (even as superfical as bipedalism and feet) as being "human."  I say that whatever determination is made awaits a specimen.  Human's just not the way I'm leaning based on what I read.

It is plausible that they didn't 'need' tools?

Evolution-wise, what would be the benefit of chasing a deer over rough terrain, with no tool, grabbing a hold of it, facing the antlers, and then tackling it?  To say, throwing a spear at the deer, and avoiding the risk of injury inherent in hand-to-hoof combat?

It would seem that side-by-side with Homo sapien, an upright omnivorous hunter/gatherer would be at an extreme disadvantage without tool making ability.

Well, bears have made it pretty good.  Mountain lions - a lot smaller than sasquatch and apparently no better capable of a quick rush from ambush - do all right.  And evidence suggests we aren't getting too close to any sasquatch that doesn't want to be.

So, I'm not so sure.

It actually is very close to what Paulides & Pratt came up with for the same witness.

The witness' account upon which that image was draw has never spoken to anyone associated with Paulides. 

You do what you can, I suppose. If you're not able to make a spear or other projectile weapon because your faculties aren't sufficient, you still gotta eat. Also, based on our observations with regard to rock throwing, it's possible they use them to hunt with. We haven't observed that, but it seems plausible. That's not a manufactured tool, but it is a form of tool use. 

May explain why we're the numerous ones who've covered the planet and they (and the other large primates) aren't. 

You do what you can, I suppose. If you're not able to make a spear or other projectile weapon because your faculties aren't sufficient, you still gotta eat. Also, based on our observations with regard to rock throwing, it's possible they use them to hunt with. We haven't observed that, but it seems plausible. That's not a manufactured tool, but it is a form of tool use. 

And maybe those tree-beaters aren't just used to beat trees.

Or maybe it's something like this:  http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/282

May explain why we're the numerous ones who've covered the planet and they (and the other large primates) aren't. 

Yep.  In terms of wresting global do-what-you-want supremacy, our tool use and manufacture does put everything else at an extreme disadvantage.

In terms of just gettin' by, though, I doubt it's been that much of a problem.  The evidence doesn't seem to suggest that.

Bipto-

Has any newspaper, newsmagizine, local TV station, etc. inquired about or done an actual story about the NAWAC and/or your activities in area X?  I know your group rebuffs the reality TV route but I was curious about this...

Yes, I was speaking to the competitive advantages we have (where the assumed goal of all species is to spread as far and as wide as possible).

Yep, one thing other species seem to tend to do in the face of the human wave is just hunker down and wait for it to pass.  Not a 100% fail-safe strategem, but there sure still seem to be a lot of organisms out there.

Or maybe it's something like this:  http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/282

That's an amazing account, isn't it?

That account is...well, sure.  He made that up.  Oh.  OK.  Could you?  Oh sure.  But there sure is a big pile of evidence making me think well maybe he just didn't.  A favorite for sure.  And yet another indicator that trotters and tusks aren't the best insurance against stealth, strength, speed, quickness, shock and awe.  That's just what I'd toss out there if someone asked the "how do they...?" question.  I mean, come on.  Wolves and mountain lions lead with the mouth.  That's more plausible?  Oh.  OK.

Has any newspaper, newsmagizine, local TV station, etc. inquired about or done an actual story about the NAWAC and/or your activities in area X?

We usually will speak to the media when they request interviews. I think this is the last time one of our guys did so for a television news crew:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Texas-Bigfoot-Capital-near-Houston-197684941.html

Not including the coverage of our conference:

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/198774791.html

I don't think we've done any interviews with the media specifically about our work in X, though it's come up. 

Edited by bipto

And yet another indicator that trotters and tusks aren't the best insurance against stealth, strength, speed, quickness, shock and awe.  

You lead with your strengths, right? These animals are very stealthy, fast, and presumably very strong. They should hunt with both brawn and brain. 

That account is remarkable, but our experience in X has only confirmed some of its details. It holds up well against our observations. 

Edited by bipto

And yet another indicator that trotters and tusks aren't the best insurance against stealth, strength, speed, quickness, shock and awe.  

You lead with your strengths, right? These animals are very stealthy, fast, and presumably very strong. They should hunt with both brawn and brain. 

That account is remarkable, but our experience in X has only confirmed some of its details. It holds up well against our observations. 

Then there's the account Bindernagel provides of one freezing a buck with a sudden roar; grabbing it by the antlers; and biting it in the neck.  Dinner.

Not sure that, given the size and apparent strength of the animal involved, that what a mountain lion, or a wolf, does is any less incredible.  Just getting your meat via bullets and Safeway can make that difficult to appraise, I guess.