Where Is The Initiative?

hiflier

Hello All,

I've just looked down the Forum Discussion page for an interesting topic. There isn't one. The one's that apparently do interest some though have replies in the thousands. Rather discouraging. The long range projection for any thread if I were to give one is that it will eventually sound and read like all the others. What's to be done about such a state of affairs? What can be done to stop the wheel-spinning? The dialogue/response cycle that does little to arrest the repetition of discussion with no end in sight and break out of the doldrums?

In the back of my mind as I read through the topics I realize what a lot of you realize: There is only one way to get proof. Only one way to get out from under the weight of pure myth. Only one way to say, "I was right all along, I knew it!"

BUT! Also in the back of my mind, being an adult, with a brain, who, in his short time here is already bored with it all, I know the answer to the dilemma as do all of you. The ultimate answer to ALL the threads; the thing that will make the ideas, the speculations, as well as the reports, footprints, whoops, and all the rest come true...............OR NOT.

Dead or alive there must be a body. Dead by natural causes or otherwise at this point is a philosophical argument that would be best if it were applied to an animal proved to exist. For once proved the no-kill sentiment would carry a truly magnanimous amount of weight for all parties: environmentalists, animal rights, USFG, you name it. Anti development groups would for some unknown reason gather even more strength in the fight to protect wilderness. Not just the Bear regions but, after studies, those regions not before on a list WILL be on a list until the range of activity is established.

A body is needed....... for science, for the health of the forests and for the health of Sasquatch. I know this debate has been visited before and this isn't being presented to bring it up again-ever. It's just a viewpoint that I have that needed to get out of my head. The thread title is what this is really about: "Where Is The Initiative" to advance the existence of this creature? To advance our own knowledge of this creature? To prove this creature?

What anyone thinks about securing the proof is not being asked. What is being asked is a DESCRIPTION of the method you think will succeed in having the world see a Sasquatch. And how would you initiate it were you in charge of the operation. How would you organize the whole thing from funding to labwork. Do you believe in exixtence that much that to you it would be worth the effort and expense? There are already small expeditions out there. Is it enough?

We need a body, what would your initiative entail?      

Edited by hiflier

Hello DWA,

Well said. NAWAC and Norseman have been out there already and both have my vote. Thanks for the response. This week I'm upping to the Premium level in which case most if not all my efforts will go to data support for both. If I had money to spare I would fund both groups. 'Nuff said.

Edited by hiflier

Since Patterson and Gimlin, NAWAC is it in terms of the time in field that will be required to obtain confirmation without the sickest of luck.

And they'll need quite a bit.  But every day they spend in X ups the odds.

They have the approach and the people.  Alton Higgins you can recognize as a scientist across the Missouri.  Meeting him only confirms it.  Other than that they are no nonsense and science all the way.

Some of us don't want a body, so we are quite happy with the status quo. Rick Dyer said he got one, and it will be released on the 15 of August. The movie 'Shooting BF' also supposedly shows him shooting one, and the film maker was pushed down by the BF, and is 'messed up', and has not refuted that claim.

-I was rather irritated at the 'Tent Video' he released.

-As for anyone on this forum snagging one, IMO the person in question has not profiled the BF to a degree that would allow success. Once they figure out what your up too, they are gone. This is not a gorilla, it is a human level intelligent woods-sapien.

Wag -

Nice.  :)  +1

MIB

The problem I see is that if bigfoot is too human, it will be sacrilege for science to kill one for the purpose of study. If standard ethics has any bearing on action the body would be repatriated. So any effort to study or prove has to be non-destructive. A good film of one depositing a sample by trusted people would be the preferred method. The catch is, nobody is trusted universally. This leads to a lot of people thrown under the bus. 

If we could just distinguish a man in a suit from a hirsuted man.

Hello WAG, MIB, and southernyahoo,

Doesn't sound like you would have a plan to institute then. Happy with the status quo. The endless status quo. No answers then; no solution to any either it would seem. And that's fine? Just curious is all. I certainly respect your stances on the matter, I really do but I find them strange somehow. Me? I love a mystery and have much to say about why Humans need to solve them but thats for another time.

I thank you sincerely for your input.

Well, the first thing we'd need is Dr. Moreau's lab and a country with loose bioresearch regs and much more relaxed IRB standards.

Edited by leisureclass

I did give you a method, and it would be considered well within scientific standard for proof and the study of primates which are not human. Their DNA would say so. The only reason it would not produce resolution is if I'm right.

hello southernyahoo,

.....it will be sacrilege for science to kill one for the purpose of study.....

Agreed, but where did you get the idea that science would do such a thing?

.....A good film of one depositing a sample by trusted people would be the preferred method.....

I would call this a suggestion or even wishful thinking, not really a method as you give no details for how you might accomplish this. Maybe you could expand on how the "preferred Method" might be accomplished. As in what steps you might take to succeed if it were you running the expedition.

Edited by hiflier

I would call this a suggestion or even wishful thinking, not really a method as you give no details for how you might accomplish this. Maybe you could expand on how the "preferred Method" might be accomplished. As in what steps you might take to succeed if it were you running the expedition.

Be like a witness, live where they are, follow the signs and sounds, hide in a tree, watch for hours, pull the camera out and film. go collect samples. 

Don't hunters like this give you a clue how to do it? They seem to have longer observations.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/282

While in the wishfull thinking mode, I'd probably requisition a couple of these for my researchers to access places like this hunter did.