Where Is The Initiative?

hiflier

Spike TV's million dollarcontestant  offer is for a body and those "teams" have been chosen..was it ten total? And filming this summer....

Wonder if they picked their teams b/c they wouldn't kill a BF and so collect? 

Edited by apehuman

Hello southernyahoo,

Where might those be? Seems to me what you're saying should have happened just as you say years ago.

Hello apehuman,

I don't care about that. I would like to know how you would succeed if it were you in control of the "team". If anyone would have a way I would think the members on this Forum would after all the threads on the subject.  How would you go about it. I know what I would do and I've only been around a couple of weeks or so. I thought that maybe those with more knowledge would have ironed out all the larger details and might want a thread like this one in which to discuss them.

Weekenders have enough time to have a few things of interest happen when in the right place. It's more dependent on time in the field. If you can point a gun at it, you can also film it. The odds of success for either one is the same.

If you have true intentions of going to a great place, I could point you to at least one in East Texas.

Hello All,

Allow me to give an example of what I'm looking for here:

I would have a team about a half mile away from me. I would be smeared with hog fat head to toe and be seated in a clearing sitting down with an elephant gun tucked in the weeds out of sight. I would be rigged with an earpiece to a two way and have the team monitoring from a rise in the forest that overlooks the clearing with hi-powered scopes on rifles. I have reasons for this kind of a setup which I would be glad to explain.

Edited by hiflier

Hello All,

OK. To expand on the thought a bit. If I was an animal (which I am) and spent my life in a forest situation (which I haven't) I would expect to be very familiar with the odors that other animals give off although depending on diet there would be slight differences. This would apply also to Humans that visited/hiked/camped in the area. That being said if I were to see a Human but they had NO odor, or they smelled like pine needles or a skunk perhaps it just might register as not making any sense. Even though it wouldn't perhaps be a concious thought there would be something that wouldn't seem quite right. So if I saw a human and it was one that didn't have a typical Human odor I would be suspect and stay away.

In this line of thinking then even being smeared with hog fat there would be something amiss, especially if I was walking around or in a tree. But sitting on the ground in a clearing in tall grass I could be mistaken for a hog like in Texas. Pipe in some hog sounds on the two way radio and the chances of drawing one out could be improved. Face down wind and have the team/teams monitor the fringes. making movement in the grass would be ok to do.

Advanced data on bear in the area would be good of course and this could be tried during bear-hunting season to have legality should one have to be shot by me or a team member. Risky? Yes indeed. But the risk of even being on a SSQ hunt for a type specimen is present anyway and other precautions could be in place. The "decoy" might not even have to be Human if sound and movement could be somehow remotely actuated.

This is what I mean by a detailed initiative. Given some thought maybe other ideas or scenarios could be generated by some of you. Maybe not but I thought it would be interesting to think about.

Edited by hiflier

Hello WAG, MIB, and southernyahoo,

Doesn't sound like you would have a plan to institute then. Happy with the status quo. The endless status quo. No answers then; no solution to any either it would seem. And that's fine? Just curious is all. I certainly respect your stances on the matter, I really do but I find them strange somehow. Me? I love a mystery and have much to say about why Humans need to solve them but thats for another time.

I thank you sincerely for your input.

I don't know how to respond because I don't merely disagree with your answers, I disagree with your choice of questions and assumptions.   We're coming from different places, heading different places, for different purposes.  

The issue of proof is, in my view, being addressed out of order.

It's Pandora's Box.  I think it best to understand what it is we are proving, what it means, how that proof affects us and them, the impacts of proof, rather than jump to the conclusion that proof will be beneficial.   ITs like toothpaste .. once it's out of the tube, for better or worse, it's out of the tube.  The "proof" folk blindly, and I think naively, assume proof will be for the best.   I'd prefer to make sure that we want and need toothpaste before I squeeze the tube.

I don't expect to convince you, but I hope the reframing of the questions illuminates the difference in choices.   I absolutely am not, on a personal level, at all interested in the status quo.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

Hello MIB,

Points well taken and well said. Historically though looking back over the last 50 or 60 years we've needed the toothpaste. Until the toothpaste was out of the tube it was conjecture on whether or not in fact we needed any. The toothpaste debate would have continued on to today without a definitive answer on the more basic question however. That being IS there toothpaste in that tube or is there NOT. IMHO there would be only one way to settle the issue. Actually a good analogy on your part, thanks.

As for relating it to the topic, What would be your definitive plan for determining whether or not the toothpaste actually exists inside the tube in the first place? For nothing can be determined until that point is established. Anything else regarding the toothpaste otherwise would be pure speculation.

Edited by hiflier

People who claim that Sasquatch is better off as a myth, are the same people who told Columbus that he was an idiot for sailing off into the sunset, because he would sail off the edge of the map.

Discovery = Knowledge.

MIB- I plussed you for the statement you presented about what the toothpaste may be once out of the tube. For those that what to kill a Sasquatchis this --what is the true motive behind your "discovery"? What do you think you will do with any "proof" if/when you kill a Sasquatch?

Is it for protection? Do you know what protection intails? or are you just going to dump the dead Sas in somebody's lab and say "there you go"?

Tracking, shooting and killing something you don't even know what it is defies all sorts of ethical protocals without mentioning the #1 hunting rule which is - know what you are shooting before you shoot it, to say the least a not well thought out idea IMHO. 

Hello southernyahoo,

Where might those be? Seems to me what you're saying should have happened just as you say years ago.

I'm not here to tell everyone exactly where to go have an encounter, but the types of places where they occur are well described in the reports. Are you having trouble seeing that? If you want info, why not consult the reports for good places to be effective? Location comes first, then method of documentation.

Hello southernyahoo,

Excellent piece of ambiguity.

If you need less ambiguity, then you'd need to demonstrate what you would do with the info. How would it lead to resolution if I told you everything I know?

• Upvote 1

Hello All,

Allow me to give an example of what I'm looking for here:

I would have a team about a half mile away from me. I would be smeared with hog fat head to toe and be seated in a clearing sitting down with an elephant gun tucked in the weeds out of sight. I would be rigged with an earpiece to a two way and have the team monitoring from a rise in the forest that overlooks the clearing with hi-powered scopes on rifles. I have reasons for this kind of a setup which I would be glad to explain.

You,re simply on a kill mission, all the toothpaste we've had to date says human or known animal, The hominin results are human. You're not only risking your life, but your good conscience. Your initiative should include how you might legally retain a human body. 

• Upvote 1

Hello MIB,

Points well taken and well said. Historically though looking back over the last 50 or 60 years we've needed the toothpaste. Until the toothpaste was out of the tube it was conjecture on whether or not in fact we needed any. The toothpaste debate would have continued on to today without a definitive answer on the more basic question however. That being IS there toothpaste in that tube or is there NOT. IMHO there would be only one way to settle the issue. Actually a good analogy on your part, thanks.

As for relating it to the topic, What would be your definitive plan for determining whether or not the toothpaste actually exists inside the tube in the first place? For nothing can be determined until that point is established. Anything else regarding the toothpaste otherwise would be pure speculation.

I already have determined the presence of toothpaste.   I'm asking now what it is made out of.   Once I know, I'll decide whether it is appropriate to tell you. 

There are many possible answers to the puzzle.  Based on the data I have to work from, "mere ape" is an unlikely conclusion.  If I had to throw a number at it, 5% or less.   I'm not sure about the 5%, but I'm adamantly opposed to making any unprovoked attempts to kill anything in the other 95%.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

Hello MIB and southernyahoo,

Thank you for turning this into yet another kill/anti-kill debate. And for your instruction on how to go and look at a database. But the most important thing I've learned here is that nothing has been offered as a promotion of new ideas for a solution to the BF phenomenon. You're doing a great job of teaching me how to keep my mouth shut and just accept the situation. Always good to be enlightened in that regard. If I mind my p's and q's I may be lucky enough to be like you.