Where Is The Initiative?

hiflier

BFF Patron

Hiflier we get somebody here every 6 or 9 months that want to elephant-gun or  tranquilize, live-capture a BF.  

After seeing them for 6 years come and go, I think I will stay tuned for people like southernyahoo who knows what the formidable characteristics of what we are dealing with involve.

We've yet had a person that accepted advice humbly that was on such a mission who had less than 125 posts shall I say.  

Call us jaded.  Even our own norseman will someday find out how difficult the mission is. 

As for detailed initiatives they are a dime a dozen, look at the recent flaming Ed Smith debacle .......   also look at the perfectly good BF trap out in Oregon.  

Hello bipedalist,

What you say is perfectly fine with me and believe me I know the scenario you are describing. I've seen it myself for years on astronomy, UFO, and several other Forum types. I have no issues here other than the occasional unecessary intellectual slap in the face disquised as advice. Your post or one like it would have been well received early in the thread, just as it is now, without the interim hijacking by philosophical meanderings. I have a focus regarding the OP. I thought it might get some members thinking who DO have ideas about HOW they might go about securing a type specimen.

Elephant guns have nothing to do with it. Smearing one's self with hog fat has nothing to do with it. They were meant to provide an EXAMPLE of a detailed approach only. A few folks seem a bit too serious here and my experience is that if that is the case then imagination suffers and problem-solving gets stifled. Lighten up, it's only a Forum. The anti-kills have spoiled the thread so as far as I'm concerned it's closed.

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

Well if you have a plan to capture, corral or kill a BF and know they are throwing rocks at your cabin, you could try to illuminate the area with some grand plan, again these are just throwing out ideas:

just be careful of fire danger and local regulations, and the whereabouts of your team:

http://www.macecanada.com/canada/wilderness1/cartridges/12_gauge_comet.htm

Hello bipedalist,

Thank you, very generous of you to try and save the thread but it's done.

Hello Norseman,

Well, if there are ideas over there like I'm trying to stimulate here then I'll have to give it an indepth looksee. My apologies to all if this thread turns out to be a redundancy from The Department Of Redundancy Department. LOL

Edited by hiflier

Hiflier we get somebody here every 6 or 9 months that want to elephant-gun or  tranquilize, live-capture a BF.  

After seeing them for 6 years come and go, I think I will stay tuned for people like southernyahoo who knows what the formidable characteristics of what we are dealing with involve.

We've yet had a person that accepted advice humbly that was on such a mission who had less than 125 posts shall I say.  

Call us jaded.  Even our own norseman will someday find out how difficult the mission is. 

As for detailed initiatives they are a dime a dozen, look at the recent flaming Ed Smith debacle .......   also look at the perfectly good BF trap out in Oregon.  

Well let's just say I know what I'm up against..........and it's not Bigfoot Army with boulder artillery and Spartan ninja death strikes that concerns me.

It's finding a needle in about a million  haystacks.

It's not like I've been sitting on the couch eating cheetos for four decades. 

Hello MIB and southernyahoo,

Thank you for turning this into yet another kill/anti-kill debate. And for your instruction on how to go and look at a database. But the most important thing I've learned here is that nothing has been offered as a promotion of new ideas for a solution to the BF phenomenon. You're doing a great job of teaching me how to keep my mouth shut and just accept the situation. Always good to be enlightened in that regard. If I mind my p's and q's I may be lucky enough to be like you.

I'm just promoting some foresight in what you asked for in a initiative. I've thought about resolution to the mystery from day one in my involvement with it. I'm one of those people that are drawn to a challenge. Finding bigfoot is the first one, or figuring out where to place yourself where it will find you. Next is gathering fresh raw intel from the field under circumstances that you control. You'll trust that more than anything else. 

I've latched onto the DNA collection initiative because I don't believe that BF as a new species would have fully human DNA, but so far, even with a sample I collected under circumstances that suggested a wild animal and had primate and non-human characteristics still had human DNA.

Any new hominin specimen will not be recognised scientifically without DNA in this age, so we will have to face that sooner or later.

Hello All,

In closing I think I need to go squeeze a toothpaste tube. I have one so I can experiment to see if anything comes out. A witness described some that was suppoedly seen on a brush somewhere. I saw a couple of reports in which two witnesses clamed to have clean teeth after allegedly using some? All I know is until I actually see some come out of the tube myself then it's all speculation. Since I would rather deal with the truth then I need to find out for myself. I'm only one person remember and I'll try to get a photo if I see anything and post it here. So far though all is only based on hearsay evidence like photos of fuzzy white blobs and some crusty substances in some sinks. I'm hoping science will take some scrapings and then tell us what they find. I'll keep you posted.

I would give you an idea for a detailed initiative on how I'm going to go about it but I need more information from the databases. Or so I'm told. Wow, if I didn't know better one could easily confuse this with a bigfoot capture. Good thing I'm smart. 

All in jest of course ;)

Edited by hiflier

Also.........I want to add, yes we need more (many many more) new energetic members with "elephant guns" and a lot less that are interested in posting up the next blobsquatch photo.

The PGF is almost 50 years old.........stick a fork in it.

The anti kill crowd cannot point to any of their methods getting us any closer to the goal post either. 

Hello southernyahoo,

Hello MIB and southernyahoo,

Thank you for turning this into yet another kill/anti-kill debate. And for your instruction on how to go and look at a database. But the most important thing I've learned here is that nothing has been offered as a promotion of new ideas for a solution to the BF phenomenon. You're doing a great job of teaching me how to keep my mouth shut and just accept the situation. Always good to be enlightened in that regard. If I mind my p's and q's I may be lucky enough to be like you.

I'm just promoting some foresight in what you asked for in a initiative. I've thought about resolution to the mystery from day one in my involvement with it. I'm one of those people that are drawn to a challenge. Finding bigfoot is the first one, or figuring out where to place yourself where it will find you. Next is gathering fresh raw intel from the field under circumstances that you control. You'll trust that more than anything else. 

I've latched onto the DNA collection initiative because I don't believe that BF as a new species would have fully human DNA, but so far, even with a sample I collected under circumstances that suggested a wild animal and had primate and non-human characteristics still had human DNA.

Any new hominin specimen will not be recognised scientifically without DNA in this age, so we will have to face that sooner or later.

Why didn't you just say so then, my friend. What you say makes tremendously good sense. And SSQ is indeed a mystery which is why I'm here as well. No one person has all the answers to all the issues as you well know so I keep fishing for them like anyone else by presenting as many angles to create thought and dialogue as I can. There are many pieces to the puzzle but in the end only the physicality of any evidence will win the day. I'd like to start a thread on why we need to solve unknowns and why perhaps the trait might be used to snare a live ABSM- it's old name.

Just thought I say that so you know that I'm not 100% pro-kill. I do think that for 100% proof though it may be inevitable. I for one don't wish to see that process dragged out as it might truly stress the animals and would rather make sure it was absolutely necessary. This thread had room for discussing the details of how it might be done- either way.

Edited by hiflier

People who claim that Sasquatch is better off as a myth, are the same people who told Columbus that he was an idiot for sailing off into the sunset, because he would sail off the edge of the map.

Discovery = Knowledge.

Could not agree more to the bolded part.

I appreciate your posts and work. Go discover.

That discovery will be the initiative.

Until then, I pursue the myth and the backstory and ask:

Got monkey?

HiFlier, 'tis only a matter of time before someone warns you that to injure or kill a specimen will result in the immediate dismemberment of the unfortunate elephant gun wielder by the injured party's clan.

Or so the growing lore of the bigfoot evolves upon the internets.

Hello Incorrigible1,

It is an unsettling thought. I have run across it several times and have mentioned it myself after reading the attack sequence in the hog hunting report posted by UPs a while ago. There is no doubt in my mind that N A W A C, Norseman and Derekfoot are keenly aware of that possibility. I have also mentioned a more long-term escalation of undesirable BF activity as a result. So many unknowns..........  

Hello Incorrigible1,

As an addendum, if a Sasquatch was to reach down and grab my "elephant" gun methinks it would behoove me to remember to let go of it. YA THINK?

Edited by hiflier