Will Yosemite And Sierra Nevada Fires Affect Bigfoot

Does this possibly mean that their range will change and more sightings will take place now in areas that haven't been squatchy? It will be interesting to see how it all pans out!

The idea of SSQ perishing in a firestorm such as the one in Yosemite makes me wonder if Dr. Jeffery Meldrum has designs of going into the area for the sole purpose of looking for a carcass.

Surely a difficult proposition, aside from HM pointing out the safety issues there is the enormity of the task;

Rim Fire = 200,000 acres and growing. Searching each acre would take, just guessing here, 30 minutes. Every burnt log and rock the size of reported BF's would need to be checked. That adds up to 100k man-hours, or about 11 years for one person to search 24/7/365.

Obviously you would want to share the workload with a larger team of searchers, which in turn would increase the amount of supporting resources.

An optional approach would be to aerial photograph the region and look for suspicious items. This approach has it's own set of problems/resources to contend with.

Guest Darrell

Maybe a alternative question is this: With the increase of fires and the policy shift to fighting the fires instead of letting them burn, why hasnt there been an increase in sightings? With more fire fighting personnel in those areas wouldnt there be an increase in confirmed sightings if the creatures were there? In the PNW there has been an increase in forest fires over the last 20 years to include the huge Yellowstone and Glacier park fires. Would the chance for finding a body or having a sighting already have presented itself many times over?

SSR Team

With regards to Buff Creek 

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/3577/

To all- yes quite a lot of burned up forest land, however there is still vast amounts of forest land south,east and west for the big guys to locate to;down through the years this probably has been things that the big guys have seen before and have dealt with. IMHO loss of yearly territory but still plenty of good habitate to occupy . 

Hiflier- good point yet not all squatches would be susseptable to forest fires IMO. I actually think this Sas was possibly injured when the fire came through.

Hello ptangier,

I agree. In a particularly violent, fast-moving fire one can get trapped very quickly. I'm surprised it made it out at all. Wonder what happened to it. Released? Studied? Mounted? Habituated? It's stories like this that make me think science knows more and that the denial is a countermeasure.

Edited by hiflier

Hello ptangier,

We COULD do a little research, you and I. We could get more archived info on that particular fire, chase down the supervisors, fire department, police department, etc to get beyond the report and dig deeper. Even finding out what the closest hospital is to Battle Mountain, Nevada, or the closest zoo, or the closest university medical center in 1999. Knowing which roads were closed off may help.

DANG! Where's Sherlock Holmes when you need him? At this point I'd even welcome a Dr. Watson! Why isn't Dr. Meldrum in on this, surely HE must've been called in?

Edited by hiflier