Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

There seems to be some friction about evidence. We need to remember that facts or truths come from the use of the scientific method of which evidence such as hair, foot prints, or dens is  just one component.. The other important part of this method is observation which amounts to reports. So let's think like scientist and keep egos out of it.  

It amuses me that there are so many here that know they are correct about something they have never seen, and the observations made by people of whom they know nothing. 

Never mind their ignorance of the opinions of scientists whose training is relevant, and their clutching tightly to majority thinking that is demonstrably not thinking, in the true scientific sense, at all.

There is a deep-seated cynicism in our species, an inability to take certain things seriously.  I can't opine on how that started (I don't think it's a modern thing by any means, although the internet seems to be spreading it virally).  But the scientific method is loudest on one thing:

Those who have no evidence that their point of view is correct really need to find something better to do.

Well this topic brought out the venom...  LOL

IMHO I firmly believe these creatures will come into towns, not the middle of NYC or LA mind you.. but smaller cities where the woods meet the edges.

I believe that the populations that are close to those places will use the resources available to them... if that means raiding the piggly wiggly dumpster for some food at 0-dark thirty,  they will.

MOST people are holed up inside their homes, windows closed, drapes drawn and watching a loud moving picture box by 10 pm.

They know this..

Just like the armadillos here in my town, they do not venture out until after 2-3 am because they routinely get shot if they don't wait to tear up a lawn.  I am not saying BF is an armadillo.. I am saying animals behavior patterns will change and vary depending on when it is easiest and safest to get food. The hogs here are no different. in and close to town, they will not move on nights that have more than 40% illumination. When it gets DARK.. they are all up in the yards tearing things to pieces.

99.9% of folks come out in the morning thinking they stumbled into a time warp and stepped into Normandy beach..   they never saw or heard a thing.

I get rid of pest pigs and have yet to have anyone tell me, yep, I heard em out here but...

that same 99%...  they are everywhere, they pay no attention to their surroundings in the parking lot of wally world in broad daylight, much less what happens when they go home and it gets dark.

IMO.. it is a calculated risk.. BF is willing to take because they know very few if any people pay any attention to what is going on at any time.

I have done my share of "sneaking" around people..  in town, in the woods. People just DO NOT pay attention to their surroundings, with few exceptions. I have been within feet of people in the woods, walked right up on them.. and they never knew i was there.

Guest JiggyPotamus

There are very good reasons why sasquatch have remain undetected for so long, although I always like to point out that they really haven't remained undetected at all. People see them relatively frequently somewhere in North America, therefore they are seen quite a bit. So usually what people mean is why hasn't science acknowledged these animals? Using this type of logic to claim sasquatch doesn't exist seems to be valid on the surface, but once one delves into the data available on these animals, it is easy to realize why science hasn't recognized them. But more importantly, this lack of recognition has little to do with sasquatch and more to do with the nature of science conducted by human beings. But that is something for another discussion.

How can sasquatch move around, or even live, so close to such populated areas? Sasquatch need some basic things to survive, just like any other animal. But where do they differ from any other animal? Clearly it is in their propensity for solitude. Obviously they do not NEED it to survive, but by their very nature, for whatever reason, they seek to remain undetected most of the time. There are exceptions however. So to fulfill their desire for solitude, they have taken up residence in the one place that offers them this solitude, along with everything else they need to live, which is the forest.

Therefore no matter where in the country we are talking, as long as they have forested areas with food and water, they can survive there. And as long as these areas are not overrun with people, they can do so while remaining undetected, aside from the witnesses who see them. There are likely advantages to living on the fringes of human society, mainly food. It is likely that they would go through any garbage that smells like something they can eat, and they are no different from any other animal in this respect. 

I do think that if they live so close to people, their want of privacy is something that they can control. What I mean is that it is not so ingrained in their instincts that they go crazy whenever they are spotted. So some of it is likely a choice on their part. There have been cases where sasquatch have allowed themselves to be seen. Anyway, I find it believable and plausible that they would live on the outskirts of major population centers/cities, as long as there are forested areas large enough for them. However, I don't think this is something that all sasquatch would do. It seems to be a personal choice of sorts. Or maybe their ancestors had lived in the area before the city was even constructed, and they just stayed throughout the years. Not that likely, but possible.

I think that it comes down to evidence. And I believe there is enough credible evidence to suggest that these animals do live in such areas. Why or how they accomplish this is still somewhat a mystery, but there MUST be a reason and an explanation for all our questions. That is something to remember. If sasquatch are real, which they are, then there MUST be viable explanations for all their behavior.

I'm talking about scoftics in general, so if you aren't guilty, consider yourself excluded from my comment.

I'm not in the mood to go looking this morning.

hmmm

you coud have said that and not addressed it at me.

I'm not in the mood to be accused of harassment

Well, we all get accused of things we don't particularly like now & then.

Hoaxing, story telling, being off the meds, etc. all come to mind.

And...shall I assume you are guilty since you appear to consider yourself accused?

Edited by Sasfooty
  • Upvote 1

The really funny thing about this is that the "prove its" will likely say after the proof that see, we were telling you to do this all along, when in fact

1. No, we were telling you;
  2. You spent years saying things that were utterly and now indisputably demonstrably wrong; and
  3. You sure did waste a lot of your life on this being wrong and adding nothing to the discussion.

There is tracks, casts and eyewitness testimony to indicate they do indeed exist. Every case simply cannot be misidentification. I wish someone would post evidence that they do NOT exist. Don't recall ever seeing any.

Edited by Hellbilly

A better question would be, why are you here?

You have stated for months now your unbelief. How much longer is it going to take to convince you BF does not exist?

I could go on the fairy forums for about 2 minutes to figure out its not for me. How many months have you been here?

The reason he is here is because he's afraid that BF actually might exist and that realization would shatter his bubble of perception.

So playing the denialist role here is his security blanket.

I'm gonna pick something I don't want to be real and see if nonononononononono will help there.  Hopefully there's a website that will accommodate me.

Gosh, what if it works?  I mean, he might have the next Amazon bestseller if I don't beat him to it.  Better get cracking.

Edited by DWA

how about winged unicorns?

Or I see, you mean something existing, and using denial to prove it doesn't.

Isn't it weird how every thread eventually turns into the same conversation? LOL.

You don't want those to be real?

Hmmmm, maybe I should go to a winged unicorn site and go yesyesyesyesyesyes.  Cooler indeed than wishing away, say, ugly dwarves with aphrodisiac tears or something.