Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

There is no monkey problem, otherwise footer organizations would have done their job. Again, you keep dodging the point.

Also if there's something breaking into someone's house or barn, or killing livestock, the police/rangers are gonna look into it, even if they don't believe the person's claim that its a bigfoot. Something needs to be taken care of.

Nope.  You are dodging the point, and you just did it again.

Howzit that there's a problem when problem is made to vanish with you just didn't see that?  Which is what has happened when people say a bigfoot broke into my barn and killed my livestock; smashed my screen door and took a garbage bag;....sure lady.  Prowler.   Coyote.  Bear. 

But feel free to dodge the point again.  Doesn't make the point, or the evidence, go away.

(Sure, I'll make double sure the problem doesn't get solved by telling the authorities it was a bigfoot when it wasn't.  Sounds logical to me...)

They make it go away with the simple words:  no ya didn't.  Backed by all the, you know, "experts" and the oblivious society at large.

Dodging again. Caught is different from a sighting.

Dodged again.  How is "caught" when the people with the wherewithal say, um, no, you're wrong?

Howzit that there's a problem when problem is made to vanish with you just didn't see that?  Which is what has happened when people say a bigfoot broke into my barn and killed my livestock; smashed my screen door and took a garbage bag;....sure lady.  Prowler.   Coyote.  Bear. 

You forgot: "Something needs to be taken care of"

Police have to deal with and take care of problem bears, coyotes and especially prowlers.

And the point you keep dodging is that organizations like the BFRO have quite the opportunities to catch a bigfoot if its roaming close to where people live. It may stock you but citizen scientists are allowed to play their part; like the rancher who shot what he thought was a chupacabra and sent the body for analysis.

The BFRO doesn't spend enough time in the field to confirm a coyote.

You can deny it all you want.  But no time is being put in on this with the level of funding and expertise required to gain confirmation.  Period.

Now, if everybody took this a tad more seriously, the odds would go up that an animal control officer or cop would side with the landowner - I know what I saw, and it's what she said she saw - and we could move this along.  But if they don't, forget it, unless you like dreaming.  Doesn't change the evidence, which says we are beyond denial on this topic.

@Jerry

Where have you been? You have to be willing to shoot it in the first place??!

Take a look at the BFRO and other copy cat organizations............there is no rifle in their repertoire.

Just grainy photos for your viewing pleasure. 

Edited by norseman

The BFRO doesn't spend enough time in the field to confirm a coyote.

Oh, but ol'Roger Patterson can get a bigfoot in plain sight.

Doesn't change the evidence, which says we are beyond denial on this topic.

Unconfirmed evidence that can't be followed up, despite the opportunities.

Take a look at the BFRO and other copy cat organizations............there is no rifle in their repertoire.

Farmers and ranchers do, Remember the "chupacabra".

If bigfoot are coming close to residential areas then you don't need top tier funding for an expedition.

This thread is an interesting companion to the other one discussing why it's hard to find a Bigfoot in a forest.

Are these creatures in 49 states?

Are they in the deep woods?

Are they in the city?

Impossible to photograph or video tape more than once, yet they are 7 feet tall and all over the place.

If sightings around an urban area, say 30 miles from Chicago are a problem for some I understand that.  I would have my own doubts except for having done my own research and having had my own experience.  I live about 50 miles from both Chicago and Milwaukee, so my area is not truly urban.  So the twist on this thread is what is really possible, can this creature make forays into more populated areas in the wee hours of the night and make it's way back out in time to hide?  There is a morning sighting not far from Brookfield Zoo, which is not far from the sightings in the southern forest preserves that include bachelors grove, which has seen activity, as well as the areas surrounding these very densely wooded havens.  A canal connects that area to the area around Brookfield Zoo, and this could serve as the passage way between both, maybe this guy did not make it back in time and just decided to hunker down till evening.  That is what they will do, sleep all day and play at night, some hidden little spot is all that is needed, though they need to have some escape routes in case discovered.  Corn fields, marsh, water, woods, anything that will hide them in case they need to move.

Guest COGrizzly

My BOLD...

Are these creatures in 49 states?   No.  They are in zero states.  

Are they in the deep woods?  Nope.

Are they in the city?  A big NO.

Impossible to photograph or video tape more than once, yet they are 7 feet tall and all over the place. You got it right.  They're everywhere!

I'm just giving you an example of a rare animal, and how it is seldom seen. There has to be hundreds of trophy class whitetails in any given state, mostly around urban and suburban areas. they are seldom seen if at all. The reason is they only come out at night. How about an owl, how many of those have you seen without looking for them?

What it says to me, if there is only a few hundred of these creatures and they are highly intelligent, it is plausible that they might not be seen.

I think you're talking about a plausibility that's just too slim for reason. Surveillance systems are everywhere from commercial buildings to individual homes. There are also people in urban areas who are up around the clock, with people on the roads all the time. Figure in also the lack of any natural camouflage for a Bigfoot and that plausibility of going undetected just doesn't seem reasonable at all.

We aren't talking about BF riding the metro. If you read the first post, thirty miles out from cities was talked about. That leaves a lot of ground for hiding in.

Edited by will

I think you're talking about a plausibility that's just too slim for reason. Surveillance systems are everywhere from commercial buildings to individual homes. There are also people in urban areas who are up around the clock, with people on the roads all the time. Figure in also the lack of any natural camouflage for a Bigfoot and that plausibility of going undetected just doesn't seem reasonable at all.

Uh huh.

Know what's on surveillance systems?  A bigfoot, at least once.  (Ask NAWAC.)

Although, no wait, it's not one.  Oh.  Sorry to bother you, ossifer.

Simple as that.

People ARE DETECTING IT.  That is where the, you know, REPORTS come from.  And again, there are scores from places like the one in the OP.  Nobody follows up.  Once again, people:  if the whole peer review panel isn't right there with the witness AND they all agree, it doesn't matter if ten of them were climbing on a transit bus.  They'll be detected, all right.

But not confirmed.

Edited by DWA