Melba Ketchum/ Erickson Project Press Conference

Apparently Melba Ketchum and members of the Erickson Project held a press conference today in Texas and showcased never-before seen footage of their creatures. Not to much info at the moment... the news report is pretty brief. 

Link to video: http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment/pets/Bigfoot-is-real-research-teams-claim-226033481.html?c=n&fb=y&can=n

Edited by GoodToGoGuy

Guest JiggyPotamus

I am very interested in seeing this footage. I have always figured that they did have legitimate DNA evidence, but I have learned that extracting and then classifying DNA is quite a delicate matter, and by no means that straightforward, considering we have no DNA of the animal to compare the samples with.

And I have always figured that there was some real video in the batch that was purchased by Ketchum, if that indeed is what happened. I never figured Erickson for a hoaxer, but I have been wrong in the past. And Ketchum talked as if she has had perfect opportunities to film these animals, at least by my interpretation. So it will be interesting. Certainly if it is worthy of a press conference it must be good. But who knows, until they've seen the footage?

Edit to Add:

Some of the footage can be seen in that video. The only piece that impressed me was the face shot, which is absolutely the BEST to have ever been made available. Even if it were fake, it is still the best. I am hoping there is much more to that particular piece of footage, mainly because we cannot see any mouth movements. That would go a long way by itself to establishing the legitimacy of that particular clip. Also, the eyes are difficult to see. But the face looked really good in my opinion. The animal I saw was not so hairy in the face, although it looked somewhat similar to that. I would say it looked more like Patty, but I don't expect all sasquatch to look exactly the same. The sasquatch in the clip was missing some teeth. It is hard to tell how big the thing is though, or how big its teeth are. I don't know what to say about it, other than it is clear, and VERY close up.

Edited by JiggyPotamus

snap judgements based on nothing:

lol at the news showing the empty crowd shot at the press conference

The close up of the face looks like a mask

The sleeping rug is not convincing me, fake fur all the way

Edited by mbh

SSR Team

Well that's the first time, i think, that we've seen the Chewbacca looking thing move.

It moved alright, but it's mouth didn't whatsoever.

Didn't look ANYTHING like what i saw though..

SSR Team

They are doing a Documentary, yeah.

The News Reporter said it's to be released at a later date at the end of the news segment.

So is that in fact the news report? Or is there supposed to be something else aired today? Hopefully something a little more lengthy... 

The Erickson Project website, sasquatchthequest.com, has been removed. Interesting... 

They are doing a Documentary, yeah.

The News Reporter said it's to be released at a later date at the end of the news segment.

ah

I didn't have the sound up

I wonder if they (Erickson/ Melba) said that the documentary would be released in the future during the conference or if the news crew assumed that they would release a documentary, based on rumors from past years... 

Bill Munns pretty much proved the face shot is a wookie mask months ago. I wondered if we were ever going to here anything more about the Erickson Project. Judging from the other brief clips shown, He's got nothing after years of hype. And any credibility he had is shot if he's still associating himself with Ketchum. My guess is he's looking to salvage what he can from this deal. It's a huge shame that so much money was wasted on this. I have an open mind about the bigfoot thing, but this does nothing but feed more ridicule to what this subject already has.