Bfro Database

hiflier

Seriously. I'm NOT a BFRO member, and I rarely go to their site, but if you all want access to more reports, start your own website, ask witnesses to send you their reports and have at it. But this mindset that they have some duty or obligation to "everybody else in bigfooting" with what they have or know is just silly and petty.

Let it go.

Hello GuyInIndiana,

As a kid in the 50's an early 60's I use to go up around Syracuse to Lake Wawasee every summer. Good memories. As for your post? You have my mindset all wrong. No one said the BFRO owes anyone anything. I only seek an answer as to why they don't allow access that's all. If they say "because" then so be it. And no, I won't let it go.

Edited by hiflier

Hello BipedalCurious,

That's a really good question. I guess my first thought would be WHAT fruit?

If the BFRO database has no worth to you (as you just stated) than why are you even interested in it ?

Call me BipedalConfused.

One thing to remember about BFRO, it's a business with MM as sole proprietor. After you get that in your head, you can begin to make a little sense of it, but not much, since it seems to try to come off like a non-profit. In some areas it seems to have that kind of machinery, but bottom line is lining MMs pocket.

The public database is semi-sterile and mostly out of date. It's out of date for several reasons. The area of reports in question has to be covered by a BFRO investigator willing to do followups before reports cleared for publication. nobody interested = reports lying in that pile for ages. Also if there is an extreme hotbed of activity, those are held until it's gone cold, while they exercise "proprietary rights" to take advantage of the info.

^^^  Exactly.   Don't overlook the BFRO = MM = Finding BIgfoot connection.   It's all about the money.  

Several people I know have made reports to the BFRO, which were "investigated" but not been published, who have been contacted by the producers of Finding Bigfoot.   Two of the investigators involved are active BFF members. 

MIB

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone here for your input. There is no way that I'm naive enough to not know the reason for anything that is proprietary. So I agree totally with you on the money end. For "Bipedal Curious"? The answer to your question is BECAUSE. I mean the chief principle is that if the reports are available one at a time then they can be presented all at once too. Or provide a reason as to why they are not.

Have you looked at the format that the JWG database is in? Someone can actually do research with it- AND at the public level. Believe me when I say that the JWG version is the ONLY ONE on the internet right now that provides this kind of edge. It's why I worked so hard to get it "out there".  

Edited by hiflier

Hello All,

Nothing to report from the emial I sent off to the BFRO- been a week :smoke: . Shot off one to Matt Moneymaker last night.....{YAWN}.....we'll see.

Edited by hiflier

Hello All,

The answer to your question is BECAUSE. I mean the chief principle is that if the reports are available one at a time then they can be presented all at once too. Or provide a reason as to why they are not.

"BECAUSE" is a reason used by 2 year olds when they can't get what they want. If you really want access to the database you should aim towards becoming a BFRO Researcher. If that is too difficult for you then you must not be that interested in the first place.

Hello BipedalCurious,

With your attitude "BECAUSE" is all you get. Try something positive for a change. A positive move is getting John Green's database opened up for anyone who wants it. A positive move is trying to accomplish the same thing through contact with the BFRO. Anyone else doing that? NO. It's challenging enough without more challenges from you. I don't meant to be unkind here but I'm have difficulty understanding your combative approach.

• Upvote 2