Bfro Database

hiflier

For those who are curious, Mr. Green's website, w/the two archaic (?) data compilations is at http://www.sasquatchdatabase.com/. I found it w/a Google search and it appears to still work if anyone cares to search for sightings or read Mr. Green's (brief) articles on BF migration and such.  Very quaint, but I do appreciate that at some point John Green decided to open up his historical archive and bequeth it to the public. 

I also appreciate Hiflier's efforts to put it into a very usable format.  If anyone is focusing on a state/region, download these spreadsheets and you will have a treasure trove of historical reports at your fingertips.

Hello Trogluddite,

What you say is true. Anyone who already has an MS Access program can indeed get the database. Many do not though which leaves them with only the .csv format download. THAT my friend is the nightmare spreadsheet version. And yes, John left a generous legacy to the Sasquatch research community. BTW the advanced search option will get one the data but it comes in a way similar to other Forum databases- one report at a time. That's why dowloading the whole thing at once is so much better.

Thank you for the kind words, TL

Edited by hiflier

Hello All,

No word from the BFRO or Matt Moneymaker. Guess that says it all in my book. No one gets the database. Looks like the SSR is the only game in town that may have a chance through their hard work of creating one- if complete and  accessible one for the public is one of their goals. I hope so because wading through anyone else's except John Green's means, again, going through reports one at a time in order to readily see any patterns emerging from the finer details that don't appear on ANY of the other public ones. And being able to group those finer details from a whole database at once is the only way to go in research in my experience.

Edited by hiflier