Not Enough Wilderness In Midwest To Support Bigfoot?

TedSallis

Well, that's fine.  I'm just pointing out (and not being a meany-head skeptic) that a bird considerably bigger than any known - that flies - may have a considerably harder time hiding out in NE than an animal that most people might think human seeing it from a distance over open terrain.

And don't get me started on habituators, at least the ones that publish books - long sighting reports - that they want me to buy when I can read thousands of reports for free.  The ones that just want to talk among themselves here, I just don't bother them, except when an insight merits discussion.  I understand that not everyone feels compelled to provide proof.  In fact, I'd bet that if the animal's real, habituation is going on.  Shoot, we've habituated most everything, some way, at some time or another.

Edited by DWA

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

It's kinda funny how the "expert" folks try to restrict where these creatures can live. All they need is a good water source, food source, and a little cover. These requirements are found almost in every state. As far as the prairies of Nebraska, and the American Southwest, Native Americans had no problem living there why should Bigfoot have troubles?

Well, right.  I don't think there's anything implausible about it, and would caution any proponent who dismisses it that, look, YOU THINK BIGFOOT IS REAL, and we see how far that's gotten, so don't tell me what we "know," OK?

A question was posed, earlier. What's the food source?

This reminds me of the old Pixie and Dixie cartoon "Mark of the Mouse". The actual tagline on the show Pixie and Dixie were watching was "He's here, he's there, he's everywhere, so beware!"

So bigfoot is everywhere. Sure. Why not?

Including some in NE whose sightings ring as true to me as any from Washington State.

So I'd rather confirm the animal's real before we fill in the range map, right?

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Incorrigible1 nobody knows the exact diet of a Sasquatch. We can mostly guess. In the tough areas like Nebraska and the Desert SW, I'd suggest finding out what the Native American diets were as a starting point.

Aren't there enormous assumptions being made throughout this thread, in which folks imagine bigfoot could live on the treeless prairie of Nebraska?

Yes there is a lot of assuming including scientia. Scientia is going on his or her own logic about something noone knows much about. When you state that for fact there aren't any in Illinois or Indiana, when guy in Indiana has had sightings and I had a sighting In Illinois, then they are wrong and just assuming. I don't understand why there was one here. I can't figure that out myself, but unless there's a great athelete that can run as fast as a deer and silently at that, and hollywood has made such a fantastic costume that is form fitting, and decided for some reason to use this person to run through the perserve I go to, then I saw a bigfoot in Illinois. As as Nebraska goes I have no idea.

By the way Incorrigable, what color was the bird you saw ? Do you have any idea how large it was ?

The bird I saw was enormous, the size of a small aircraft. It was black or very dark. It couldn't exist, yet there it was.

There is what the native americans called the thunder bird. I am sure you have heard about this.There have been other sightings of huge black colored birds. Did you see it close enough to see the shape of the beak ?  Now this is something I would much rather have seen.

It flew away at more than a quarter mile distance. It was the size of a Piper Cub. Logically, I know it can't exist, and I do not expect anyone to take my sighting for more than it is, an unverified account. I have no photo, I have no record. It was witnessed with two other youngsters. We were ten or eleven.

I wish those that take umbrage that others may doubt their account, or try to supply logical explanations, as DWA did, would not take things personally. I am merely a dude on a computer, relating sighting a creature that cannot exist. Had I not seen it, I'd be like DWA, supplying hypothesis for the impossible sighting. That I take your own sighting, sheri, with a grain of salt, I hope you do not resent me for that. I wasn't there, I didn't see what you saw.

I'm more doubtful of those claiming occasional, infrequent, yet multiple sightings. That they're sooooo put out when a modicum of proof is asked tells me much. Doubts can't help but come into the picture.

Edited by Incorrigible1

I don't take any offense. I do understand. It's extremely hard to believe unless you see it yourself. I just don't take kindly to someone who thinks they know more about a creature and it's possible habitat, when noone actually knows much of anything about  this creature. I still would rather have seen what you did than what I did, lol,  because now I have fear of going into the forest. I won't go by myself anymore.

It flew away at more than a quarter mile distance. It was the size of a Piper Cub. Logically, I know it can't exist, and I do not expect anyone to take my sighting for more than it is, an unverified account. I have no photo, I have no record. It was witnessed with two other youngsters. We were ten or eleven.

I wish those that take umbrage that others may doubt their account, or try to supply logical explanations, as DWA did, would not take things personally. I am merely a dude on a computer, relating sighting a creature that cannot exist. Had I not seen it, I'd be like DWA, supplying hypothesis for the impossible sighting. That I take your own sighting, sheri, with a grain of salt, I hope you do not resent me for that. I wasn't there, I didn't see what you saw.

You just described the same bird I saw many years later after I saw the 1st enormous bird.

It was black and the size of a small plane and it was approximately 300 feet above me just gliding around in circles. Then it flapped its wings a few times and flew off over a ridge and out of sight. But I was by myself this time and there were no other witnesses around.

So I have no problem believing what you are saying you witnessed.