Bigfoot Files Pt 2 Review...

Guest Stan Norton

Shooting out of the Car and shooting at a "monster", he's said that all along.

Quite correct Bobby. However did you notice elements of his story were distorted by the show?

They suggested that Justin was always planning on going back to dig up the bodies. It was my understanding that Derek Randles had to persuade Smeja hard to go back to the site.

Wonder how that 'disparity' came about....

I agree with those who have said this episode had a condescending tone. The head-shaking over the "fanaticism" of the researchers and their "need to believe" was insulting and makes me question the motives of the producers of this series. 

Maybe Bobcat Goldthwait should've made this documentary. At least he seems genuinely interested in the subject. And like he has integrity. But maybe he has his price, too. 

I think it's a mistake to assume that the TV show is giving us the final word on Sykes study.  I have read some who are really bashing Sykes based on what was revelaed on this show! I have to wonder about that...

He is an expert.  He is exactly who we want looking at these samples. If he finds nothing - which remains to be seen - then he needs to be sent more samples.

The show was disappointing. But, I hold out hope that now that we have Sykes testing samples, if it can be done with DNA, it will - eventually.

I agree, I like Sykes and the way he handles delivering the news. Of coarse he wasn't in control of how the show is put together so I don't put that on him. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with those who have said this episode had a condescending tone. The head-shaking over the "fanaticism" of the researchers and their "need to believe" was insulting and makes me question the motives of the producers of this series. 

There wasn't anything they said that wasn't projected by the people on the show. Two guys thinking every noise is a Bigfoot, two other guys crying on the show, whining about "Bigfoot is my life". It was painful to watch.

• Upvote 4

I'll third that.

The guy who found a hair in the garden - Whose great idea was it to pick that sample to test?  He hasn't even seen a BF in his garden (or his yard).  I don't know if I missed something, or what....   But that one made NO sense whatsoever to me.

But it was perfect for making a point about "Bigfootologist"....unfortunately.

"Whose great idea was it to pick that sample to test?" 

That's a great question, chelefoot. The answer to that question would tell us a lot. 

Edited by LeafTalker

There wasn't anything they said that wasn't projected by the people on the show. Two guys thinking every noise is a Bigfoot, two other guys crying on the show, whining about "Bigfoot is my life". It was painful to watch.

^^ Exactly. I don't understand the victim reaction that some people are presenting here. The production is mean to Footers,etc. If anything I thought Sykes had a fairly sympathetic moment with Smeja when he said something to the effect of this doesn't mean you have to quit looking or whatever.  That is more than Smeja deserves imho. As for the rest of them, they were portrayed exactly as they presented themselves. I see no indication of biased editing or any such thing. If they looked less than some would prefer to see, then all I can say is that the truth hurts I guess.

I wonder if any of our resident habs sent in any samples to the study? 

Edited by dmaker

• 1 month later...

Here's the You tube link:

Hurry -  They will pull it down soon!

I'm curious what you think about what he has to say?

Why would they pull it down?

SSR Team

Copyright.

Thanks for posting that, JRid. 

Those things that Dan Shirley is reporting certainly do not sound good. 

I think it's cool, though, that after saying he suspects the people he's dealing with are not on the up and up, he says, "I hope I'm wrong."

I bet a lot of us hope the same thing.

:( 

• 5 weeks later...

Re Dans video:

So lets get this straight, hundreds of hours of work yield him nothing but he is sure that the one memory card that he didn't view had evidence on it? Why not check it first, that would take two minutes.

There's clutching at straws then there is desperation, that hope/statement is the latter.

I do not believ that Dan is anyway a hoaxer but he may be fooling himself with his self appeasements.

He seems such a nice guy and this is quite a sad video, frankly is seems like denial as reality meets his situation.

Sure a tv program is being made so certain choices regarding editing and inclusion are made but does anyone really think that a tv channel, a scientist and a wildlife tv presenter would willingly pass up on such a discovery if there was even the slightest chance of decent evidence.

I think it was a great series and Syke's work is looking good so far, this was not a patronising piece laughing at fantasists but a clear an grown up statement that the so called evidence so far presented is laughably far from sufficient.

When something professing to shed light on a topic pays this little attention to evidence it has been more than easy enough for me to accesss, well, that utterly smells from a scientific standpoint.

Case in point: all this leeching over "believers" and "fanaticism" when Meldrum is tapping you on the shoulder: fellas...FELLAS...FELLAS!??!?!?!?!?!